• Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Butch plays this

Jean Carter - I wanna know - Acetate

Karen

Is that the actual Singer Karen, was always under the impresion it was a c/up :thumbsup: though im proberly wrong :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest hammy

Am I missing something here...

Given the history and reasoning behind cover-ups on the scene;

Can anyone else see the irony in covering up a one-off - especially when the singer's unknown anyways ? LOL

I mean - it's better than calling it " Unknown female" but just funny that's all.

Hammy

Social source share

YES ITS A 10" BUTCH HAS (OHH ER MISSUS)

IVE HAD IT IN MY HAND A FEW YEARS ABCK IN ABERDEEN (EXCUSE THE INNUENDO)

..HAHA...ALWAYS A REQUEST FOR ME

PROBABLY MY FAV 60,S TOON EVER 110% TOTAL NORTHERN SOUL STOMPER

ONE OF THE BEST EVER IN MY BOOK SO FAR

Social source share

YES ITS A 10" BUTCH HAS (OHH ER MISSUS)

IVE HAD IT IN MY HAND A FEW YEARS ABCK IN ABERDEEN (EXCUSE THE INNUENDO)

..HAHA...ALWAYS A REQUEST FOR ME

PROBABLY MY FAV 60,S TOON EVER 110% TOTAL NORTHERN SOUL STOMPER

ONE OF THE BEST EVER IN MY BOOK SO FAR

Stick the sound clip up then, I sent it you didn't I - then lost my own!

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

Has anyone got a full clip of this tune. Its probably one of the best tune's I've ever heard.

Pardon my ignorance, but if its an acetate does that mean that there will only be a couple of copies about? How hard would it be to get my grubby little hands on a copy and for what price?

Edited by PaulB
Social source share

Has anyone got a full clip of this tune. Its probably one of the best tune's I've ever heard.

Pardon my ignorance, but if its an acetate does that mean that there will only be a couple of copies about? How hard would it be to get my grubby little hands on a copy and for what price?

You've got more chance of winning the lottery mate, one off acetate

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

First time I've heard this, great track. Just wish some of these rarities could eventually come out on legitimate issues that ordinary people could afford and buy.

First time for everything I suppose.

I disagree Geoff.

Having one offs and exclusives are what makes this scene what it is IMO.

Ady and co, turning up all that RCA stuff and playing it at the 100, made it THE place to be (if it wasnt already) for years and years.

Social source share

First time for everything I suppose.

I disagree Geoff.

Having one offs and exclusives are what makes this scene what it is IMO.

Ady and co, turning up all that RCA stuff and playing it at the 100, made it THE place to be (if it wasnt already) for years and years.

Quite right Mikey :unsure:

The excitement of travelling to hear these sort of tunes is what it's all about. If you could hear them anytime, they'd soon lose their allure.. like most soul nights.

Social source share

Quite right Mikey

The excitement of travelling to hear these sort of tunes is what it's all about. If you could hear them anytime, they'd soon lose their allure.. like most soul nights.

I did say eventually. In the future these rarities won't be played, something else will supersede them, therefore it would be nice to eventually have them issued.

I take your point about going to a do and hearing a rare track, I used to love it at Scenesville when Crying Time by Brenda Holloway was played. Due to not being in the right place I think I've only seen Butch DJ once or twice, I caught the very end of his set at Cleethorpes last year, must try to be more organised in future.

Social source share

someone handed me 2 cd's while i was out one nite....both sets of butch...containing the jean carter c/u in its entirety...i can name names of the person who recorded the set but only to the dj concerned...the said cd's are laying dormant and the sound quality is none too good....why would anyone wanna record someones set unless its through a proper system is beyond me...oh and of course with the dj's permission whistling.gif '''i think the track is a cracking choon and i am not known for my love of a girlie vocal.............

ps the person who recorded these sets really needs to learn how to spell....as bucth may be offended :thumbsup:

cookie :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!