Worst Or Most Annoying Tune That's Being Played At The Moment

• Replies 59
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

FOR ME ITS THE DRIFTERS POUR YOUR LITTLE HEART OUT- PURE DISCO AT ITS BEST.

Strangely I really love that record - strange because I tend to lean toward the R&B stuff!

Social source share

:unsure::lol::thumbsup: Brilliant record!, my pet hate is My Good Friend James...farking awful :angry:

Lenny

Got to agree - bleagh. Might the idea that it's a bit difficult to find have influenced it's playing by any chance? whistling.gif

Edited by Simon White
Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Each and every one of the ones listed up there and more!

I'll add Sid Barnes - Standing on Solid Dog Poo to that list.

Social source share

Dunno about at the moment but I hate that horrible bloody thing "If you don't come....." Patience Valentine :unsure: the vocal is about as horrible as anything you could ever hear including that Poison record Gary mentioned on the guilty pleasures thread whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Trevski

"Tribute to Betty" Over-played and over-rated, IMHO.

"Sadie, Sadie" Ripple blast singers Truly awful!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Is it getting a bit of hammer round your parts ?

Got to disagree, I like it :thumbup:

No one I know has played it down my neck of the woods unless I missed it. Ray in the backroom of Bentinck, and me over two years ago are the only times I have heard it out.

Sold my LP though, price tag made me part with it. :huh:

Social source share

Is it getting a bit of hammer round your parts ?

Got to disagree, I like it :thumbup:

No one I know has played it down my neck of the woods unless I missed it. Ray in the backroom of Bentinck, and me over two years ago are the only times I have heard it out.

Sold my LP though, price tag made me part with it. :huh:

dead right! apart from ray has anyone else got the lp who live in notts?

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Dont hate any records bring played on the soul scene........

Its a good job all the dj's have got a hot box :rolleyes:

Anyone wanna buy a red car????

Social source share

Guest Trevski

That blinkin nik nak paddywack song that somehow people get off on ???????

Forgot about that one, fortunatly, now you've reminded me, it can start annoying me all over again! Absolute S**t!

Social source share

Somethings Wrong by Chris Clark

Thought I'd look at the other posts before I put mine and I'm glad I did. "Something's wrong" is my choice too. Afraid that this record sets my teeth on edge :lol: and sends me off the dancefloor rather than onto it.

Pat :unsure:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

:lol::Dno.gif Brilliant record!, my pet hate is My Good Friend James...farking awful :angry:

Lenny

The person who discovered MGFJ and played it first owes the soul world an apology of some magnitude. As it was me, at the Sidedoor Soul sessions in the early 1990s, I'll say "sorry" now, shall I?

I have a nice copy for sale on UK Mercury, with an "Alastian" demo sticker, it anyone's interested :unsure:

Social source share

The person who discovered MGFJ and played it first owes the soul world an apology of some magnitude. As it was me, at the Sidedoor Soul sessions in the early 1990s, I'll say "sorry" now, shall I?

I have a nice copy for sale on UK Mercury, with an "Alastian" demo sticker, it anyone's interested :wicked:

I like the Pioneers and have no problem with Lou Rawls but the rest of them can happily be taken to the soul dumping ground never to reappear esp the ironically titled tribute to Betty.

Social source share

I don't like that Dottie & Millie "Talkin' 'bout My baby" on Topper...

Personally I think the other side "Nothing In This World" is the better tune Roccia, never understood why people went for the 'pop' side "Talkin' About.....".

Social source share

I have a nice copy for sale on UK Mercury, with an "Alastian" demo sticker, it anyone's interested :hypo:

I think as you have been big enough to "fess up" to this, an apology won't be neccesary Tone. ANyway as far as I can see it's not you that's hammering this now.

The Soul Police are keeping a close eye on things though. :wicked:

Social source share

"Tribute to Betty" Over-played and over-rated, IMHO.

Agreed ......

The only time I ever want to hear this again , is by Frank Spencer .......

Malc Burton

post-5097-1175193305.jpg

post-5097-1175193311.jpg

Social source share

Guest PHILN

The worst tune played any time is definitely LOU PRIDE - I'm Comin' Home In The Mornin'. God I hate this record with a passion.

Social source share

That bloody awful True Image. "Im not over you yet"

I can claim credit for that gem, along with Dave Withers finding 6 copies in Atlanta in mid-90's. Along with Curtis that I sold to Richard, I look upon those two 45s as my finest achievment in the cause of 60's soul.

Not one but two Trojan Horses!!

ROD

Edited by modernsoulsucks
Social source share

I can claim credit for that gem, along with Dave Withers finding 6 copies in Atlanta in mid-90's. Along with Curtis that I sold to Richard, I look upon those two 45s as my finest achievment in the cause of 60's soul.

ROD

:wicked::hypo::yes:

Social source share

ROD

Brilliant post!

Social source share

Guest marge

joe jamma - my life....god i hate that record

I loike that one

but I'll go with Sadie Sadie, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

It wont be leaping onto my wants list, and I couldn't really give a f*** either way, but what's especially offensive about this record?, it sounds just as good as 100s of other records I hear at soul do's and better than 100s more. :wicked:

And please stop picking on stuff like Lou Lawton/five royales as usual, it's just not the style of music you like, maybe it should never have been played at soul do's, but, like, get over it.

Five Royales especially, done to death and maybe never was appropriate for soul clubs, but anyone who says it's bad music is just wrong.

I am not scared to say that i played the 5 royales and lou lawton and chris clark and a few more similar last year in an oldies style set and the floor was rammed for all of them, since then i have done a couple of more DJ spots and loads are still coming up and asking me to play them again which i have not as i only dj on the odd occassion and when i do i like to play completely different stuff from before ( hot boxing :unsure: ) to keep my sounds fresh and varied.

I dont think people hate the tunes but just every now and then a tune just drives you around the bend for whatever reason it may be,

At the moment i have gone right off of Geene Toones as i seem to hear it out nearly all the time its as if a DJ just wants to play it prove something, not all Djs i know but its getting that way for me

Social source share

It wont be leaping onto my wants list, and I couldn't really give a f*** either way, but what's especially offensive about this record?, it sounds just as good as 100s of other records I hear at soul do's and better than 100s more. :unsure:

And please stop picking on stuff like Lou Lawton/five royales as usual, it's just not the style of music you like, maybe it should never have been played at soul do's, but, like, get over it.

Five Royales especially, done to death and maybe never was appropriate for soul clubs, but anyone who says it's bad music is just wrong.

You're right about Chris Clarke, Mik. Typical, simple Motown style up-tempo dancer, nowt much wrong with it, but it's caught on with the once-a-month-local-night crowd and thus has been played to death in some places.

And yes 5 Royales is a great doo-wop record. Pity so many people saw it get a response and decided they needed one to play! :wicked:

Social source share

Another baddie - heard it last Friday for the first time in yonks and went home with Gonzales "Haven't stopped dancing yet" in me head. :wicked:

I just lurrrrrrrrve that True Image track. Is it being played again?

Two records miles apart I reckon Steve - I'd be a bit worried if I'd connected those in my head ! True Image was booted on a white label at least six/seven years ago.

I've never quite seen what all the fuss about the Chris Clark track is...there are much better unreleased Motown things around, but there you go, it obviously connects with the dancefloor, and the same goes for Standing On Solid Ground....the dancefloor loves it, the Soul Police hate it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!