Best Song New To You In 2004

Tubbs

WHAT WAS THE BEST SONG NEW TO YOU IN 2OO4, FROM ANY ERA MINE HAD TO BE GENE REDDING WE'VE GOT MORE THAN IT TAKES FROM HIS HAVEN LP BLOOD BROTHERS. STARTS OFF SLOWLY THEN BUILDS INTO A GREAT MID TEMPO TRACK. BEST THING WAS A GUY CAME UP TO ME AT OUR SOUL NIGHT AND JUST GAVE ME IT I SAID I WOULD BUY IT FROM HIM BUT HE INSISTED. HADN'T HEARD IT UNTIL I GOT IT HOME.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest mattmale

WHAT WAS THE BEST SONG NEW TO YOU IN 2OO4, FROM ANY ERA

link

For me has to be Delegates of soul - I'll come running back - Uplook

first time i'd heard it in 2004. narrowly missed one on ebay a while back :angry:

matt

Social source share

Guest mattmale

Can't believe you don't know this from the 80's Matt??

link

Can't remember it, mind you i wasn't exactly listening most of time, if you know what i mean...

M.

Social source share

Can't believe you don't know this from the 80's Matt??

link

Delegates of Soul hasn't half rocketed in price in recent times! Always seems to be indemand.

Best thing I've heard in 2004 - tough call. Heard the Just Brothers c/u for the first time and really liked it but one record has really stood out for me and it's Soul City - I shot for the Moon on MERCURY. Not an expensive or particularly rare record but criminally overlooked IMHO.

Hammy

PS - Is it just me or is The Charles Mintz of ICRB version weak in comparison ?

Social source share

Delegates of Soul hasn't half rocketed in price in recent times! Always seems to be indemand.

Best thing I've heard in 2004 - tough call. Heard the Just Brothers c/u for the first time and really liked it but one record has really stood out for me and it's Soul City - I shot for the Moon on MERCURY. Not an expensive or particularly rare record but criminally overlooked IMHO.

Hammy

PS - Is it just me or is The Charles Mintz of ICRB version weak in comparison ?

link

I wonder where you heard that Hammy :thumbsup:

Charles Mintz is week by comparison.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

I wonder where you heard that Hammy  :thumbsup:

Charles Mintz is week by comparison.

link

We must have mentioned this before then lol Either that or mediocre minds think alike :shades::P

The guitar on Charles Mintz is fookin horrible - it sounds like Primal Scream or summat.

Hammy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert