Mike

• Replies 22
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Stuart T

Always preferred this version, more danceable, can't remember ever seeing it on US though

link

I'm pretty sure that I've got this on a US WD and I thought I bought it off you?

Social source share

this is one of Gene Robertson's favorites I do believe- where are you Gene???? 

Hang on: me, stuart and gene, vaguely involved in the same thread? I make that solid hit soul-o' clock?  :D

Martin

www.solidhit.co.uk

link

That was a sneaky mention Martin,is Solid Hit Soul with John Weston at ViVos still on the 19th feb? hey that makes all 4 of us on here now (sort of) how spooky blush.gif

Dave

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Wasn't that "Thats How Much"???

link

Don't think so, I'll have to have a look at the record tonight and see if I remember where it came from.

May I take the opportunity to say happy new year to my fellow Solid Hit Soulsters and congratulate you with your kidnapping of this thread in the most inane fashion yet? biggrin.gif

Can we get some lady DJs on later this year? I find Gene insufficiently feminine so he doesn't really count.

Social source share

Aww im going to miss Feb's one! Im DJing in Perth :D although a 24 hour direct flight to come back for it might be quicker than me driving from Kent to there thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Heard this for first time at Big Lock, sprung by Ted

Enjoyable version, and different enough from Jimmy Ricks to stand out.

Had a dig shows on a few other playlists

is "oh what a feeling" a sort of mor standard song, if know what i mean

link

Definitely prefer this version.Sold on ebay 2 weeks ago for £11,tried a last second snipe and fckt up. :sleep3:

Stamford whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Aww im going to miss Feb's one!  Im DJing in Perth  :thumbup: although a 24 hour direct flight to come back for it might be quicker than me driving from Kent to there  :sleep3:

link

I shall be texting you to demand your attendance. Thats three you've missed. :angry:

Now its getting personal. I am going to pay the kidnappers to turn that mangy old nag Blodwyn into dog meat. whistling.gif

Social source share

Definitely prefer this version.Sold on ebay 2 weeks ago for £11,tried a last second snipe and fckt up. :sleep3:

Stamford  whistling.gif

link

ouch! Last one I saw listed was a lot more than that- seem to recall it being around 100, might have even been 150ukp.... now where's that Gene....

Social source share

OK. I reviewed this in my old mag must be 10 years ago...that was off a London copy...still can't remember seeing a US one, despite Stuart telling me I sold him one  whistling.gif

link

well continuing in my 'second hand gene with third hand gene information' mode, I'm pretty certain Gene said it was UK only.

I can see a solid hit soul DJ punch up brewing over this one with Stuart in the imaginary US pressing corner, and Gene in the UK only corner. Dave will be refereeing and I will be ringing the bell. That'll be on February 19th btw. At Vivo. John Weston will be holding the round counter sign up, er, between rounds.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Now, I do believe that "Oh! What A Feeling" is a UK only release.  As far as I am aware, there was no US release, although the label does state that it is a Herb Abramson production.  Normally, London will state the US label that a record was first released on, but that isn't the case here.  I have never come across a US release.

Stuart - sorry to disappoint you mate, but I am now actively watching the first series of Little Britain to try and improve my femininininininity/cross dressing, and hope to be in full swing for February - "man, I feel like a woman"!!!!!!

Gene

link

Personally prefer the Jimmy Ricks, it makes my liver quiver for sure. I shall be delving into the record boxes to find out what I have this on. I'm sure that my sieve like memory can't be this far off the mark. I hope I remember to check. And which record I'm looking for. whistling.gif

Gene, theres no need to put yourself out. :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!