Simon Child From The Bradford Crowd 1976 To 1979

Looking for anyone who I knocked around with. Especially Julie Sykes from Calverley/Wibsey. Also Jayne Raynor from Denholme. I have been to the odd Soul Night over the last few years - like Drax and Brighouse Ritz but really a bit out of touch.

Social source share

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest SteveHildegard

Looking for anyone who I knocked around with. Especially Julie Sykes from Calverley/Wibsey. Also Jayne Raynor from Denholme. I have been to the odd Soul Night over the last few years - like Drax and Brighouse Ritz but really a bit out of touch.

Well well...after all these years simon :no: remember the phrase " press that button" ?? Steve and Hildegard here. We still got pics of ya somewhere knocking about. remember when we use to come and visit you? Wasn't it a flat in Bolton woods? Did Aidy and denise ever stay together? We'd heard you and christine had split ? Remember going down to Wigan on the train? You and Jayne..bloody hell! she even took a flask and sarnies. Write me a few lines mate..great to have found you after 24 yrs. Last saw you in '83 when we were over from Germany.

Steve and Hildegard

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Guest SteveHildegard

Well well...after all these years simon :rolleyes: remember the phrase " press that button" ?? Steve and Hildegard here. We still got pics of ya somewhere knocking about. remember when we use to come and visit you? Wasn't it a flat in Bolton woods? Did Aidy and denise ever stay together? We'd heard you and christine had split ? Remember going down to Wigan on the train? You and Jayne..bloody hell! she even took a flask and sarnies. Write me a few lines mate..great to have found you after 24 yrs. Last saw you in '83 when we were over from Germany.

Steve and Hildegard

found this pic :unsure:

post-8957-1185395459_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Simon

Don't know if you remember me but I lived in Halifax for a time in the early 80's and got to know you and Christine, Sue and Kyle etc.

Anyway, one of my best mates in the RAF in the mid to late 70's was a guy called Tony Holdsworth who was from Bradford and was a Northern fan. He was one of those who were filmed for 'This England' and at the time his knickname was 'Biggles' on account of his 'bins'. Anyway, I'm still in touch and he has a (German) wife and a 12/13 year old son now.

Personally, although we had 2 great kids (Kyle and Keri, 21 and 18 respectively) Jayne and I split up in the early 90's whilst I was in Saudi Arabia and I'm now living up here in Glasgow.

Hope you find some more Yorkshire folk

:thumbsup: All the best Mick

Social source share

Guest SteveHildegard

Simon

Don't know if you remember me but I lived in Halifax for a time in the early 80's and got to know you and Christine, Sue and Kyle etc.

Anyway, one of my best mates in the RAF in the mid to late 70's was a guy called Tony Holdsworth who was from Bradford and was a Northern fan. He was one of those who were filmed for 'This England' and at the time his knickname was 'Biggles' on account of his 'bins'. Anyway, I'm still in touch and he has a (German) wife and a 12/13 year old son now.

Personally, although we had 2 great kids (Kyle and Keri, 21 and 18 respectively) Jayne and I split up in the early 90's whilst I was in Saudi Arabia and I'm now living up here in Glasgow.

Hope you find some more Yorkshire folk

:thumbsup: All the best Mick

Hi there

We'd just like to add that we're also in touch with Tony "biggles" Holdsworth. great lad..we went through the whole of our school and Wigan days together. Lost contact tho before we moved to germany in '81

take care

Steve and hildegard

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!