Previously innocuous UK issues set to SKY ROCKET

If people wannna pay that much for a UK Frank Wilson, well good luck to em if they've got the money to throw at it ! Same goes for Martha/ Vandellas No One There on UK Motown , Bobby Hutton Lend A Hand on UK Probe (as only ever a UK 45 anyway).... watch these go up and up in value !!!

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

As soon as Northern starts to disappear from the London media's radar prices will return to what passes for normality on the Northern Soul scene

Social source share

I'm very much afraid that prices will never be the same again. Not sure were the London thing is coming from..........the entire world has now clocked what was once solely, a Brit thing, I wont say Northern thing, as I'm sure that we all now appreciate the southern scene has pretty much always been around.

Even when the current rejuvination in the UK dies down, it wont really effect prices, other than those that have become artificially inflated due to demand as opposed to genuine rareity. The Rare Soul market place is now truly an international one.

Happy New Year Soul Folk

Russ Vickers

Social source share

Russ wrote:

Even when the current rejuvination in the UK dies down, it wont really effect prices, other than those that have become artificially inflated due to demand as opposed to genuine rareity.

Thats what I was getting at - the stupid price tags on UK issues will come down. Of course it's never going to be cheap (for which read possible) to buy an original of Ted Wilson "My aim is to please" (to use one random example from my wants list)

Social source share

• 1 month later...

stuck in a hotel miles away on business I am really getting into soul source,hence all my replies today ( jet lag u c )

Jackie Edwards is a good point, nice to have a first issue ....quality old style label which is part of the reason 45s look sooooooo much nicer than CDs but how can you justify the stupid price for the re-issue that also looks like that Chris bloke who owns the label painted it himself ( or his kids ) have you seen how much it goes for ? sooner buy an original cheapy US like the cont four on jay walking, pure soul for todays scene and I bet you there was less pressed than the 10,000 or so that Island re-issued, anybody guess what the plant run was on the re-issue ?

if so how can it go for 30+ quid or whatever, that is why e-bay is stupid ( at times ) but very good when you get a bargain...which happens otherwise why does everybody buy from it ? HHMMMM

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!