Had A Request Via E-mail.... Anybody Help

Just read my e-mails.... had this one.... anybody any ideas or help ????....

Perhaps our "very own Steve Cato" from from "Up The Junction" blush.gif ....

-----------------------------------------

----- Original Message -----

To: mark@vaultofsoul.co.uk

Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 3:46 AM

Subject: Mail From Web - Northern Soul Dancing/can you help?

Dear Mark

Hi ... I hope you don't mind me contacting you ... I found your email via your website.

I'm writing in relation to an art/film work that I am currently organising for a gallery in Dundee, which focuses on a former Northern Soul venue that was used during the mid 70's (known as Sally's). The basis for the work/film will centre on staging a re-enactment (scaled-down) of a Northern Soul session in this venue. The event would be filmed, with the resultant film to be shown elsewhere in Dundee (and hopefully beyond) as part of a major exhibition.

At present, I'm trying to find and contact people who would be considered 'good' Northern Soul dancers ... in the sense that today they could hold their own if placed on a dance floor of the 70's. Ideally, because I hope to try and recreate an essence of what the original scene/atmosphere might have been like, I was wondering if you might have come across any 'younger' dancers? Or, whether you would know of people/places (clubs, Northern Soul nights etc) to contact who might be able to help or point me in the right direction?

Any assistance you might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks and all the best

Matt Stokes

tel.

mob.

Well there you have it.... contact me on mark@vaultofsouk.co.uk if you can help :D .... and I'll pass you the contact details :D ....

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Johnny One Trout

The one that springs to mind does the splits in mid and and then spins like a top is Carl from Nottingham Mark no help to you as i wouldn't have the foggiest idea how you could get hold of him blush.gif

Trouty

Social source share

Just read my e-mails.... had this one.... anybody any ideas or help ????....

Perhaps our "very own Steve Cato" from from "Up The Junction" blush.gif ....

----- Original Message -----

To: mark@vaultofsoul.co.uk

Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 3:46 AM

Subject: Mail From Web - Northern Soul Dancing/can you help?

Dear Mark

Hi ... I hope you don't mind me contacting you ... I found your email via your website.

I'm writing in relation to an art/film work that I am currently organising for a gallery in Dundee, which focuses on a former Northern Soul venue that was used during the mid 70's (known as Sally's). The basis for the work/film will centre on staging a re-enactment (scaled-down) of a Northern Soul session in this venue. The event would be filmed, with the resultant film to be shown elsewhere in Dundee (and hopefully beyond) as part of a major exhibition.

At present, I'm trying to find and contact people who would be considered 'good' Northern Soul dancers ... in the sense that today they could hold their own if placed on a dance floor of the 70's. Ideally, because I hope to try and recreate an essence of what the original scene/atmosphere might have been like, I was wondering if you might have come across any 'younger' dancers? Or, whether you would know of people/places (clubs, Northern Soul nights etc) to contact who might be able to help or point me in the right direction?

Any assistance you might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks and all the best

Matt Stokes

tel.

mob.

Well there you have it.... contact me on mark@vaultofsouk.co.uk if you can help :D .... and I'll pass you the contact details :D ....

link

What does he mean by younger, under 45 ? :D

Social source share

The one that springs to mind does the splits in mid and and then spins like a top is Carl from Nottingham Mark no help to you as i wouldn't have the foggiest idea how you could get hold of him blush.gif

Trouty

link

Good call "Troutsker".... thought of Carl.... last saw and spoke to him Friday gone (7th) at Hollingwood in Chesterfield....

He did say to me he'd try and make our next Ponds Forge.... if not I'll "bell" him....

Social source share

I know mate :D   blush.gif .... but at least the "dog" behaves himself at Ponds Forge :D:D   .... mind you.... never checked the "plants" that are about when you've gone :D ....

link

Check Shanes record box :D

Social source share

Been there, done that....

Think of the Roly Polys, but men and you've got it on the button.

Mind you mine and Steve's t*ts are probably bigger.

WOOF!

link

biggrin.gif

Social source share

head north? i'm in dublin! :D . do you think the UK government will give me a dancing grant & pay for my flights?? i need new shoes too..... :D:D

link

:D:D:(:D

Well swim north eastish first then.... then when you hit land do as suggested :( ....

P.S. the UK government will give you what they give all us.... fcuk all :D .... so as for shoes thumbsup.gif ....

Social source share

===========

Andy Holroyd, from Nottingham area.

Sammy not sure where he's from.

Tall Paul and Caz (todmorden area)

Chantelle (Bedford)

Carole (somewhere in Lincs)

link

Andy...good suggestion

post-1535-1105397660_thumb.jpg

Also Sam Evans

post-1535-1105397832_thumb.jpg

Saw half a dozen guys in N Yorks last weekend all working the floor to the oldies - think Carl was one of em.

Edited by Dave
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!