Wellingborough Embankment

What a finale to a brill club...it seems that everybody who ever went to the Embankment club was there tonight....the music played was really geared for the dancefloor and boy did everybody enjoy themselves :lol: I can't thank Lenny and Nina and all the DJs enough also to all the peeps who turned up....soo sorry that this was the last one......and soo goood to see so many peeps i knew...best rub some ralgex on mee very poorly knees....Northampton tonight....then kettering Sunday.....god dont you just luv school holidays :lol::thumbsup: Delxxx

• Replies 44
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Len, what a night. A great turn out and a packed dance floor. A complete tribute to you and what you have done for the Northern Soul scene in Northamptonshire. Heres to many events that you will grace with yopur presence from here on. Many Thanks.

What a finale to a brill club...it seems that everybody who ever went to the Embankment club was there tonight....the music played was really geared for the dancefloor and boy did everybody enjoy themselves :thumbsup:I can't thank Lenny and Nina and all the DJs enough also to all the peeps who turned up....soo sorry that this was the last one......and soo goood to see so many peeps i knew...best rub some ralgex on mee very poorly knees....Northampton tonight....then kettering Sunday.....god dont you just luv school holidays :thumbsup::rolleyes: Delxxx

Couldn't put it better myself! Had a great night!

xx

Now that was a proper soul night!

Here comes the rant...............

Why oh why does it have to be the last one to atract numbers like that? too many inferior soul nights ruining the scene for all, over crowding the place is all i can say, look at what a soul night can be like, not just 60 or 70 people in an empty hall scratching there arse's listening to half clued up DJ's, and promoters who go ahead with nights that clash for the sake of it!

Any way now i've got that off me chest :rolleyes:

What can i say walked in about 8.30 Lisa's bag was bursting with back up beers and vodkas (thinking ahead :thumbsup: ) it was a quick scurry to the bar while we could, loaded up with drinks met lenny, to which he gave Dave a 60's style mic with a name plaque (nice touch len :thumbsup: ) And of course all the DJs were carrying the obligiotory blown up flyer in a frame. Quick peek at the decks to check who was spinning Roger was blasting out some midtempo, the room was all ready half full people were eyeing up the dance floor with one or two gliding along the sides to rogers tunes, 9pm came and Bucky lit up the room with some tried and tested oldies and bang that started the floor off, its been a while since i've seen a full floor at 9-9.30 i can tell you, Mick kicked of the 9.30 - 10 spot with Chico Lamarr so that had me up, walked off to take a sip of me drink only to be dragged back on the floor by the, intro from the Fasinators (got to be in my top ten that) buy that time i had to go out side for a smoke (another thing put in buy the wanky managment) stood out by the door must have been 9.45ish and the manager was moaning at Len and Nina, "i know how many people are in because we know how many glass's we have out", of course i had to cough and shout tosser at the same time :thumbsup:

From that point on it was a lock out, i know a few friends turned up late and couldn't get in. quick fag trip to the bar and get meself near the floor for Daves spot, started off with a few old 'welly' tunes Charade, Tammy Wayne, Marvellows ect, and then the words come that i was waiting for all night, this is Johhny James, boom i was rocking about the dance floor like a good un. thats when Daves spot really picked up for me, Mello souls C/up, Sounds four sounded great (told you it was a dance floor winner) Dave was ment to be on for 45mins and looked at me watch and it was 11 where was bucky? Finally he got to the decks, i was knackered from dancing so went to the smoking room for a fag and a chill, knocked a young girls wine out of her hand all over Bev, (sorry bev :unsure: )

Dont think i caught any of Jons or Rogers second sets, sorry guys, the bar was too full so it was Lisas goodie bag to the rescue, Just as Mick was hitting the decks for his second spot, cant really remember much of what he played, know i danced too quite a few, fair bit of seventys in there, Ellipses, Lil Major Willy et all, night was nearly drawing to a close, i felt pissed as any thing :thumbsup: must have been s*t ---- Lenny came on at 12.30 to finish the night of with some oldies, and current stuff two for me were Parisians and the Walter and the Ads c/up had me dancing about, new the lights would be on soon as the Welly anthem came out the speakers...........OOOOOhhhhh Stooooooorrrrrmy.

Soon as the lights come on it dawned on me thats that then an end of an era so to speak, my first soul night with me mucker Andy Horne who sadly was layed up on his back down in Chigwell, thought the poor old boy was gonna cry on the phone when he couldn't get up due to his back.

Till next time kids

Blistered feet Baz

What a finale to a brill club...it seems that everybody who ever went to the Embankment club was there tonight....the music played was really geared for the dancefloor and boy did everybody enjoy themselves :thumbsup: I can't thank Lenny and Nina and all the DJs enough also to all the peeps who turned up....soo sorry that this was the last one......and soo goood to see so many peeps i knew...best rub some ralgex on mee very poorly knees....Northampton tonight....then kettering Sunday.....god dont you just luv school holidays :thumbsup::rolleyes: Delxxx

Couldn't put it better myself! Had a great night!

xx

Moved your twos posts accross, from the talk thread :thumbsup:

Guest kev such

EXCELLENT.

Thanks Len, a brilliant evening.

I hadnt been to the Embankment for years. But i am SO glad that i went along last night. Me and Karen had a brilliant night.

Great to see so many people there and all with the same view in mind. To be a part in celebrating Lens success, and to make the last Embankment go with a BANG.

What a brilliant sound to hear possibly 300 people all clapping and cheering at the end, and all that praise aimed at Len, and rightly so. Dont think i saw a single dissappointed face last night, and if you were you were at a different venue to me last night.

I also won 1st prize in the Willy Wonka style golden ticket prize giveaway. You must have known Lenny cos i needed some new centres for my decks. Played the single when i got home at about 01.30, will put that on my play list now.

Just want to finish by saying well done Len and Nina, had a great night, and thanks for making the whole room remember The Embankment on a massive high.

Regards

Kev.

SUNDAY NIGHT, 3 COCKS, LOWER STREET,KETTERING.

Edited by kev such

Why oh why does it have to be the last one to atract numbers like that? too many inferior soul nights ruining the scene for all, over crowding the place is all i can say, look at what a soul night can be like, not just 60 or 70 people in an empty hall scratching there arse's listening to half clued up DJ's, and promoters who go ahead with nights that clash for the sake of it!

When you have the answer to that can you tell us all please. :rolleyes:

I dont know what the magic formula is but when I ve been to local do s that really try to offer rare, interesting, underplayed oldies or up front new stuff they are not supported . Kind of think that we are the minority market and the majority are more than happy to hear same old same old. The Blue Lagoon in Bedford was a fabulous night musically but seldom had a paying punter thru the door. The Northampton lads have tried, etc etc but if you put on a revival night you better get some more bar staff in cos its gonna be a packer.

I m really looking forward to the biggie in Rushden this summer, the line up is interesting and it may just entice some of the old un s out. Come on in Tank, Cap n Underwood, Sid et al.

( Mark I washed your s s name off, I have photos of the Rushden/ higham/ welly lot from around 1983 pm me and I ll try to post em to you. Forgot to ask if you ever see Floyd and Gary Zab?)

What a finale to a brill club...it seems that everybody who ever went to the Embankment club was there tonight....the music played was really geared for the dancefloor and boy did everybody enjoy themselves :thumbsup: I can't thank Lenny and Nina and all the DJs enough also to all the peeps who turned up....soo sorry that this was the last one......and soo goood to see so many peeps i knew...best rub some ralgex on mee very poorly knees....Northampton tonight....then kettering Sunday.....god dont you just luv school holidays :thumbsup::rolleyes: Delxxx

Nice to see you last night Del! Just want to echo all the compliments flying Len and Nina's way. What a cracking night and if it had to end, at least the Embankment finished on the highest note possible!

Hi all,

What can I say? The night was 'Special'. Just what Nina and I wished for and more. Sorry if I looked a bit stressed, but I was being told off by the manager for the night being 'Too busy' and he was threatening to pull the plug...Can't win with some people...What a sad man...

Also gutted some people couldn't get in, it was sooooo out of my control...I think we sneeked most people in though!!! I'm not going to focus on the management though, just going to remember an absolutelly cracking night!

Thanks for coming and making it a night to remember!

Len.

ps - Enjoy the C.D!!!

Guest kev such

I dont know what the magic formula is but when I ve been to local do s that really try to offer rare, interesting, underplayed oldies or up front new stuff they are not supported . Kind of think that we are the minority market and the majority are more than happy to hear same old same old. The Blue Lagoon in Bedford was a fabulous night musically but seldom had a paying punter thru the door. The Northampton lads have tried, etc etc but if you put on a revival night you better get some more bar staff in cos its gonna be a packer.

IM NOT GOING TO HIJACK.

Just want to reply to the above post.

I personally think that one of the problems with venues not getting people through the door, is maybe that we aint getting any younger and maybe most of us want to relive our youths by hearing the stuff we danced to when we were a tad younger.

Also i suspect that a vast majority of us now have commitments we didnt have back then, so it is somewhat harder to go to venue every weekend.

For me, i like to hear a range of styles, but not for the entire evening. My main priority for going to a venue is DANCE.

Admittedly this is my own view and is possibly totally wrong.

I have been to venues where the dj does their set for 45 mins to an hour, nobody dances, or maybe an odd few.

I had a conversation this morning with a friend from the south coast. He said that he went to a venue recently, two dj's were guesting, they did their sets, no-one danced or knew what was being played, then he heard them in the gents saying how great they thought they were. In my view in that situation its the punter who suffers and the club at the dj's expense. On the next night he said the numbers were considerably down.

The majority of the music played at The Cream Cracker is requests and ironically it is mainly same old same old.

SORRY FOR HIJACKING, WONT DO IT AGAIN.

Was an excellent night at Lenny's though.

Regards

Kev Such.

Guest kev such

Just played my new record i got in return for the 1st prize last night, and wanted to say THANKS Len, its great.

Regards

Kev.

IM NOT GOING TO HIJACK.

Just want to reply to the above post.

I personally think that one of the problems with venues not getting people through the door, is maybe that we aint getting any younger and maybe most of us want to relive our youths by hearing the stuff we danced to when we were a tad younger.

Also i suspect that a vast majority of us now have commitments we didnt have back then, so it is somewhat harder to go to venue every weekend.

For me, i like to hear a range of styles, but not for the entire evening. My main priority for going to a venue is DANCE.

Admittedly this is my own view and is possibly totally wrong.

I have been to venues where the dj does their set for 45 mins to an hour, nobody dances, or maybe an odd few.

I had a conversation this morning with a friend from the south coast. He said that he went to a venue recently, two dj's were guesting, they did their sets, no-one danced or knew what was being played, then he heard them in the gents saying how great they thought they were. In my view in that situation its the punter who suffers and the club at the dj's expense. On the next night he said the numbers were considerably down.

The majority of the music played at The Cream Cracker is requests and ironically it is mainly same old same old.

SORRY FOR HIJACKING, WONT DO IT AGAIN.

Was an excellent night at Lenny's though.

Regards

Kev Such.

Guest kid mohair

A big well done to len and nina the stress is all over and the management can now put the pressure on the rock and roll nights they have there, what a wanker.....anyway couldnt believe the amount of people there and up for it brilliant and you deserved it :rolleyes: Oh, whens the next one.. :thumbsup:

Nice to see you last night Del! Just want to echo all the compliments flying Len and Nina's way. What a cracking night and if it had to end, at least the Embankment finished on the highest note possible!

Great to see you as well babes.... :rolleyes: Delxx

Guest tonytone

:thumbsup:Thanks alot Len for a brilliant night, what a turn out, I got there at 8:30 and there were peeps queuing out side and the car park was almost full!

I enjoyed every minute, all great sounds being played all night, shame it's the last one :thumbsup: thanks for the cd it was great, played it today! :thumbsup:

Hope to see you all soon again, thanks again,

best regards Tony.

Guest gibber

Hi all,

What can I say? The night was 'Special'. Just what Nina and I wished for and more. Sorry if I looked a bit stressed, but I was being told off by the manager for the night being 'Too busy' and he was threatening to pull the plug...Can't win with some people...What a sad man...

Also gutted some people couldn't get in, it was sooooo out of my control...I think we sneeked most people in though!!! I'm not going to focus on the management though, just going to remember an absolutelly cracking night!

Len.

ps - Enjoy the C.D!!!

Thanks Len for a great night and showing us the future with no smoking .Much better Imho.

13 Years and a standing ovation at the end. The lad done well . its ok to cry in public you know ,many would have done.

Nice to see Janet again.

Nice post btw Baz.

Guest glyn-w

Any way now i've got that off me chest :lol:

What can i say walked in about 8.30 Lisa's bag was bursting with back up beers and vodkas (thinking ahead wink.gif ) it was a quick scurry to the bar while we could, loaded up with drinks met lenny, to which he gave Dave a 60's style mic with a name plaque (nice touch len :thumbsup: ) And of course all the DJs were carrying the obligiotory blown up flyer in a frame. Quick peek at the decks to check who was spinning Roger was blasting out some midtempo, the room was all ready half full people were eyeing up the dance floor with one or two gliding along the sides to rogers tunes, 9pm came and Bucky lit up the room with some tried and tested oldies and bang that started the floor off, its been a while since i've seen a full floor at 9-9.30 i can tell you, Mick kicked of the 9.30 - 10 spot with Chico Lamarr so that had me up, walked off to take a sip of me drink only to be dragged back on the floor by the, intro from the Fasinators (got to be in my top ten that) buy that time i had to go out side for a smoke (another thing put in buy the wanky managment) stood out by the door must have been 9.45ish and the manager was moaning at Len and Nina, "i know how many people are in because we know how many glass's we have out", of course i had to cough and shout tosser at the same time :no:

From that point on it was a lock out, i know a few friends turned up late and couldn't get in. quick fag trip to the bar and get meself near the floor for Daves spot, started off with a few old 'welly' tunes Charade, Tammy Wayne, Marvellows ect, and then the words come that i was waiting for all night, this is Johhny James, boom i was rocking about the dance floor like a good un. thats when Daves spot really picked up for me, Mello souls C/up, Sounds four sounded great (told you it was a dance floor winner) Dave was ment to be on for 45mins and looked at me watch and it was 11 where was bucky? Finally he got to the decks, i was knackered from dancing so went to the smoking room for a fag and a chill, knocked a young girls wine out of her hand all over Bev, (sorry bev :D )

Dont think i caught any of Jons or Rogers second sets, sorry guys, the bar was too full so it was Lisas goodie bag to the rescue, Just as Mick was hitting the decks for his second spot, cant really remember much of what he played, know i danced too quite a few, fair bit of seventys in there, Ellipses, Lil Major Willy et all, night was nearly drawing to a close, i felt pissed as any thing :huh: must have been s*t ---- Lenny came on at 12.30 to finish the night of with some oldies, and current stuff two for me were Parisians and the Walter and the Ads c/up had me dancing about, new the lights would be on soon as the Welly anthem came out the speakers...........OOOOOhhhhh Stooooooorrrrrmy.

Soon as the lights come on it dawned on me thats that then an end of an era so to speak, my first soul night with me mucker Andy Horne who sadly was layed up on his back down in Chigwell, thought the poor old boy was gonna cry on the phone when he couldn't get up due to his back.

Till next time kids

Blistered feet Baz

jesus baz thats a great thred sir,,, just add... hey lenny ..think i danced to the first one ever played a the embankment.. and deff to the last mate.. stormy was great.. dave would have been proud to look on mate.. nice end to a great erra..think i see a tearfull eye at the end for you sir.. great nite..gteat peeps.. and a sad day Edited by glyn-w

What a cracking night, but we have got Silk to look forward to now.

Yes, can't wait for Silks and will we see you there this time Baz as you are making such a fuss about the loss of a Wellingborough quality soul night? :lol::thumbsup: And it's not the end of Lenny cos he will be there too and I'm sure it will be a nice change to work with co-operative management eh Len? Bring it on! :no:

10 empty cans of Fosters left on the 'Vanners' table...The management again, happy as ever, shouted "We dont even sell Fosters"

The Vanners.....drink?!? HOW VERY DARE YOU? :lol:cool.gif

Edited by Delasoul

Also there was 10 empty cans of Fosters left on the 'Vanners' table...The management again, happy as ever, shouted "We don't even sell Fosters"...BRILLIANT!!! :lol:

Twas a pleasure Len :thumbsup:

Daves Drunken Deck antics #574 Dropping the mike still turned on :no:

I clocked that one too

Twas a pleasure Len :D

Daves Drunken Deck antics #574 Dropping the mike still turned on :lol:

I clocked that one too

:D:D Both been reading the quotes and cracking up! I thought the Fosters cans were a nice touch wish i could own up for the talc but werent me :lol:

Thanks to Len & Nina for a cracking night it was brilliant, the place was buzzing at 9 couldnt wait to get on the floor.

Dave will be listing his plays....if only he could remember which ones they were! The bounce the mike trick is something Dave has been practising relententlessly for years and by jove I think hes cracked it!.

A big thank for the plague,microphone and framed poster absolutely brilliant , always be treasured.

Right the top has come off a holsten pils so I'd better get Dave to list his plays ....

Charade - Four Tracks - Note.

Montclairs - Hey You - Arch.

Troy Dodds - Try My Love - El Camino.

Sam Dees - Lonely For You Baby - SSS International.

Clara Hardy - I Dream Of You - Tuna Records.

Jesse Davis - Gonna Hang On In There Girl - Era Records.

Mello Souls - Hey Girl - C/up.

Ruby - Feminine Ingenuity(or as Dave would say Femmmminmne Geniiitttyyy wicked.gif ).

Ann Heywood - Crook His Little Finger - Hondo.

The Excuses - Trick Bag - Vivace Records.

Otis Lee - Hard Roe To Hoe -Quaint. (OOps Sorry Len!)

Tammy Wayne - Have A Good Time - Boom Records.

Just Bros - Carlena - Garrison.

Patrice Holloway - For The Love Of Mike - Unissued acetate.

The Marvelows - Your Little Sister - ABC Paramount.

Johnny James - Tell You About My Girl - Circle M.

Dynamics - I Wanna Know - Bigtop.

The Excuses - Trick Bag- Vivace Records.

Fabulous Four -If I Knew - SaintMo. (Cheers to Baz for this Birthday Pressie).

The Stratoliners - What Do You Want With My Love - Federal.

The Jades - Lucky Fellow - Mode (I think I played this!).

The Appreciations - Its Better to cry - Sport (Cant remember if I played this but I wanted too!!!).

Once again cheers for a great night. Nearly lost my voice the next day..sorry if I sprayed all over you in a drunken stupper..Happy Days thumbsup.gif

Over & Out Holsten Pils is a callin....Perhaps catch you later Baz.

Dave & Lisa (HOW VERY DARE YOU) Vanners shades.gif

Hi all,

Len.

ps - Enjoy the C.D!!!

thumbsup.gif Well said Len. Put your play list up mate.

Over & Out Holsten Pils is a callin....Perhaps catch you later Baz.

Dave & Lisa (HOW VERY DARE YOU) Vanners :lol:

Ooohh go on then, will have to try and get my legs in gear for the walk up, 2 mins is a long walk you know whistling.gif best have a cold one ready for me, or i'll have ya! boxing.gif

Dont think Dave played The Jades??? cant remember hearing it unsure.gif

Ooohh go on then, will have to try and get my legs in gear for the walk up, 2 mins is a long walk you know whistling.gif best have a cold one ready for me, or i'll have ya! boxing.gif

Dont think Dave played The Jades??? cant remember hearing it :lol:

We couldnt be sure the drink had kicked in nicely by then. L8ters thumbsup.gif

GOLDEN TICKET WINNERS...

... Can the three Golden ticket winners please pm me your address's as there are more pressies to come. (I was too busy worrying about the management to put them in your 'Special' goody bags) They are a couple of D.V.D'S - Thanks to Tom from Banbury for kindly donating them. thumbsup.gif

...Lisa, I'll post my play lists up tomorrow as I'm now gonna get ready to go to The Half Time Orange...I'm gonna hve a blast!!!

Len.

ps - I know who the three winners are by the way!!! biggrin.gif

TICKETS...TICKETS...TICKETS...

...A few people were asking me for tickets to keep as souveniers, I have about 100 here, so if anyone wants one just pm me your address and I'll pop one in the post for you.

Len.

Dont think Dave played The Jades??? cant remember hearing it unsure.gif

Me neither and as it's one of my fave tunes I would have remembered it even though I may have been even more bladdered than Dave! :lol::lol:

Me neither and as it's one of my fave tunes I would have remembered it even though I may have been even more bladdered than Dave! shhh.gif:lol:

OOOh Hello Mark wave.gif too knackered to make Kev's mini dayer in Kettering as well whistling.gif So sorry ....not hijacking thread...cya soon Mark.....Delxxx

OOOh Hello Mark :ohmy: too knackered to make Kev's mini dayer in Kettering as well :thumbsup: So sorry ....not hijacking thread...cya soon Mark.....Delxxx

Too knackered?? Not me. I danced Sunday night away at the Scooter do in Higham and today I got up early to walk from I'boro to Higham to get me car then in the Early afternoon was on a protest march from the Guildhall to Sixfields and then completely do my nut as we scored a 94th minute winner to pee on Scunthorpes promotional party. What with Len's do and the great weather, quite the perfect weekend! :wicked:

Edited by Maark

Firstly GUTTED I could'nt make the night (man flu like you've never known) not least to say goodbye to those sodding bags, how many was i forced to pack with cds etc. before i was allowed to leave your place, bloody hell only called round for a coffee!...seriously if people could see it, cant think of two worse people to do such a fiddley job, especially me with my beat up mechanics hands...resembled a chinese sweat shop at times i thought Len. although if it was i think i would have been sacked! :wicked:

Does bring up another point though it go's without saying that the last night was brilliant it was always gonna be ( i know you had your doubts at times Len) but one of the reasons it went so well was great preparation and promotion and i have to say thats two of reasons the Embankment lasted as long as it did. One of Lens great attributes (apart from Nina ,by the way thought the photo collages looked brill Nina) is drive and enthusiasm (thats two then) generally people turn up for a soulnight have a good time or sometimes not. and go home hopefully happy (great so they should they have paid there money) but although it may not be a popular thing to do congratulate the promoter now and then...they have probably been working hard months before you & I have even thought about going and will certainly still be working while we are on our way home....ok sermon over :thumbsup:

WELL DONE LEN AND NINA, GREAT NIGHT AND 10 OUT OF 10 FOR THE EFFORT OVER THE YEARS :wicked:

can we get on with Silks now please :lol:

Firstly GUTTED I could'nt make the night (man flu like you've never known) not least to say goodbye to those sodding bags, how many was i forced to pack with cds etc. before i was allowed to leave your place, bloody hell only called round for a coffee!...seriously if people could see it, cant think of two worse people to do such a fiddley job, especially me with my beat up mechanics hands...resembled a chinese sweat shop at times i thought Len. although if it was i think i would have been sacked! :wicked:

Does bring up another point though it go's without saying that the last night was brilliant it was always gonna be ( i know you had your doubts at times Len) but one of the reasons it went so well was great preparation and promotion and i have to say thats two of reasons the Embankment lasted as long as it did. One of Lens great attributes (apart from Nina ,by the way thought the photo collages looked brill Nina) is drive and enthusiasm (thats two then) generally people turn up for a soulnight have a good time or sometimes not. and go home hopefully happy (great so they should they have paid there money) but although it may not be a popular thing to do congratulate the promoter now and then...they have probably been working hard months before you & I have even thought about going and will certainly still be working while we are on our way home....ok sermon over :thumbsup:

WELL DONE LEN AND NINA, GREAT NIGHT AND 10 OUT OF 10 FOR THE EFFORT OVER THE YEARS :wicked:

can we get on with Silks now please :lol:

Glad you are feeling well enough to drag yourself to the keyboard Jem. Gotta say you missed two cracking do's as the Charity scooter event in Higham was really enjoyable too. Now you're better, where are my bloody tables? :wicked:

Edited by Maark

Okay folks, here are my play lists from Friday night - Jon, Roger and Mick, if you are reading this and want to add a few of your plays I am sure it will be much appreciated - Thanks :-

First Set

Gene Vito - Undiscovered County - Decca

King Williams - Fight for your girl - MGM

Jack Montgomery - Don't turn your back on me - Barracuda

Little Hank - Try to understand - Sound Stage 7

Larry (Chubby) Reynolds - Sweet tooth - TRI-SPIN

Sea Shells - Quiet Home - Villige

Janice - I need you like a baby - Roulette

Almeta Latimore - These memories - Mainstream

The Cotillions - A love that's real - Tomahawk

Nicole Willis and the Soul Investigators - If this ain't love - Timmion

Betty Moorer - Speed up - Wand

Final Set

The Exits - Money - Gemini

Terry Callier - Look at me now - Cadet

Brenda and the Tabulations - That's in the past - Dionn

Brothers of Soul - I'd be grateful - Boo

September Jones - I'm coming home - Kapp

Walter and the Admirations - Stop - c/u

The Parisians - Twinkle little star - Demon hot

The Servicemen - Sweet Magic - Chart maker

Johnny Rogers - Make a change - Amon

The Volumes - Ain't gonna give you up - Karen

Otis Lee - Hard roe to hoe - Quant - (Oh no! I didn't did I Dave!!?) :thumbsup:

Mikki Farrow - Could it be - Karate

Shirley Lawson - One more chance - Soul City

Millie Jackson - A house for sale - Spring

Silvetti - Spring rain - Sal Soul

O'Jays - I love music - Philadelphia

Diana Ross - Stormy - Unissued (Officially the last record)

Odds & Ends - Let me try - Today (lights on but the floor still packed!!!)

A big thanks goes out to Catriona for organising a lovely card and for all the kind messages from everyone. Also the other generous gifts - we were overwhelmed by it all!

Cheers

Len and Nina

Okay folks, here are my play lists from Friday night - Jon, Roger and Mick, if you are reading this and want to add a few of your plays I am sure it will be much appreciated

Brilliant night, Absolutely Brilliant,If Carlsberg run Soul-Nights They would probably be like yours Lenny....The Manager of This Venue was a bit Off Putting to say the least, Instead of moaning he should have sat down & counted all the money he took over the bar....

....Records that I can remember playing Jackie Edwards Feel So Bad-Jimmy Cliff Waterfall- NF Porter Keep On- Kiki Dee More Today Than Yesterday-Moments I've Got The Need & the rest is a Blurh I can't Remember.... part of get old I think

Job Nuck

• 2 weeks later...