FRIDAY 8th JUNE 2007

AT

BROAD LANE WMC ESSINGTON

THE CAVENDISH 25th

ANNIVERSARY

WITH ORIGINAL LINE UP

NEIL RUSHTON CHRIS PLANT MICK HOLDSWORTH and HARPO

PLUS SPECIAL GUEST (BLUE) MAX MILLWARD

The Cavendish Crew in conjunction with Max are holging this night, in response to continued requests to commemorate the Old Vic hotel in Wolverhamptons legendary 'Rare Soul Nights' held in the Cavendish Suite from June 11th 1982 until early '84.

During that post Wigan period this event was the number one in the country playing rareties, class oldies 60's newies and Modern soul spanning the period until the emergence of TOTW.

Along with us four we had every top dj in the country appear at least once, with many coming back often, to entertain the crowd that travelled from all points north, south, east and west.The records played were second to none across the board, and even now 25 years on stand head and shoulders above whats currently played week in, week out.

I hope some of you can make it along, we dont promise to match the wow! factor that Cavendish playlists once had, its gonna be a night to once more relive those halcyon days of the early 80's and a good old re-union for some long lost faces.

Hope to see you there....its also my birthday ,,,thank's...Harpo

post-5897-1175928691_thumb.jpg

Edited by harpo1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Phil Richards

FRIDAY 8th JUNE 2007

AT

BROAD LANE WMC ESSINGTON

THE CAVENDISH 25th

ANNIVERSARY

WITH ORIGINAL LINE UP

NEIL RUSHTON CHRIS PLANT MICK HOLDSWORTH and HARPO

PLUS SPECIAL GUEST (BLUE) MAX MILLWARD

The Cavendish Crew in conjunction with Max are holging this night, in response to continued requests to commemorate the Old Vic hotel in Wolverhamptons legendary 'Rare Soul Nights' held in the Cavendish Suite from June 11th 1982 until early '84.

During that post Wigan period this event was the number one in the country playing rareties, class oldies 60's newies and Modern soul spanning the period until the emergence of TOTW.

Along with us four we had every top dj in the country appear at least once, with many coming back often, to entertain the crowd that travelled from all points north, south, east and west.The records played were second to none across the board, and even now 25 years on stand head and shoulders above whats currently played week in, week out.

I hope some of you can make it along, we dont promise to match the wow! factor that Cavendish playlists once had, its gonna be a night to once more relive those halcyon days of the early 80's and a good old re-union for some long lost faces.

Hope to see you there....its also my birthday ,,,thank's...Harpo

post-5897-1175928691_thumb.jpg

See you friday :rolleyes:

My memory cells certainly can't keep up with the detailed playlists from Paul, Chris and Mick but I think I can remember playing:

1 - I'LL BE AROUND - DOUG PARKINSON

2 - THAT'S HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU - THE PROFESSIONALS

3 - THE ONLY WAY IS UP -OTIS CLAY

4- GET READY FOR THE GET DOWN - ZZ AND CO

5 - KEEP THE FIRE BURNING - GWEN McCRAE

6 - A MAN OF VALUE - TYRONE BARCLAY

7 -LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER - LARRY HOUSTON

8 - SEVEN DAY LOVER -JAMES FOUNTAIN

9 - I REALLY LOVE YOU - JIMMY BURNS

10 - THE GALLOP - MILTON WRIGHT

11- CANDY TO ME - MARTIN RAYNOR

12 - YOU BETTER KEEP HER -MARVIN HOLMES

13 - TRY MY LOVE - THE SEQUINS

14 - CHAINS OF LOVE - CHUCK JACKSON

14 - AIN'T THAT LOVE ENOUGH - LARRY ATKINS

15- LOVE AND DESIRE - PATRICE HOLLOWAY

16 -I HAVE FAITH IN YOU BABY -EDWIN STARR

17 -MY OH MY - BILLY FLOYD

18 -STRANGE CHANGE - HERB WARD

19 -SHE'S WANTED (IN THREE STATES) - LARRY HOUSTON

20 -EARTHQUAKE - BOBBI LYNN

It really was a great venue - and immortalised in "The Face".

Guest Chris Waterman

Good luck with the night Paul, sure it will be a cracking event, sorry can't make it down, but will see you soon.

Chris W

Guest Phil Richards

Great reading the play lists Mr Harpin fond memories, who's coming form the old crowd?

see you Friday

Ken

Ken looks like its going to be a good night :rolleyes:

Hi Phil NAMES TO CONJOUR WITH Paddy n Mary Mac Pitt Azza n Jane Argie n Kerry Jennifer Neil Russell Rob Ody Dave Shaw Waggsy n Jack Sean Pomma Sandy Kev n Sharon Spittle Drippin Bod Mark Cartwright Hot Dog Dave n June Machin Kenny Hickman Ginger Kieron Dave Hulmes Carl Nester Smokey Alan J Gary Colborne Tim Fletcher Alan Gittas n Jenny Brocky n Leslie Tessa etc...etc....

Plus loads of new friends Jayne Carter Diane Benko Lucy n Mick Pete n Julia Jonno n Sue Kersley Gary Anne n Wulfie

Gonna be a good night methinks

as host to the cavendish reunion last friday

i would like to personally thank the 4 original dj's

harpo-neil rushton-chris plant & mick holdsworth

together for the first time since the cavendish closed

over 200 people crammed into broad lane club to hear

a feast of classic to mega rare tunes

the whole evening had a brilliant buzz to it and all ive

had since is a load of calls asking when the next one is!

which is a fine tribute to the guys for a job well done!!

all the best lads! is it really going to be 5 yrs before

the next reunion!!!

max