Sharon Jones At Eh Jazz Cafe This Weekend

Guest James Trouble

Guest James Trouble

thumbsup.gif DO NOT MISS THIS, SHARON JONES AND THE DAP KINGS ARE WITHOUT DOUBT THE FINEST SOUL BAND ON THE PLANET TODAY!!!! :sleep3:

>Fri, Jan 14th, 2005 8:00 PM EST

3 Nights at the Jazz Cafe, London, UK -Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings with Special Guests THE MIGHTY IMPERIALS

Jazz Cafe

5 Parkway, Camden, NW1

London NW1 7PG

UK

DJs on Friday night will be Perry Louis, James Trouble, Fryer and Greg Belson.

www.meanfiddler.com

Price: £17.50 advance / £20 door

Doors at 7:00 PM

Phone (020) 7344 0044

View web site link above for direction

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

thumbsup.gif DO NOT MISS THIS, SHARON JONES AND THE DAP KINGS ARE WITHOUT DOUBT THE FINEST SOUL BAND ON THE PLANET TODAY!!!! :sleep3:

3 Nights at the Jazz Cafe, London, UK -Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings with Special Guests THE MIGHTY IMPERIALS

Jazz Cafe

5 Parkway, Camden, NW1

London NW1 7PG

UK

www.meanfiddler.com

Phone (020) 7344 0044

link

I heard one of their tunes recently ' how long....' which was excellent.

Who did it originally because I am sure I used to hear this at funk/rare groove events in Sheffield in the early 90's.

Wouldnt mind seeing this band

Shane

Who did it originally because I am sure I used to hear this at funk/rare groove events in Sheffield in the early 90's.

Shane

link

James Lewis Fields - Top Pop

Would have been me playing it.....

WOOF!

Edited by pikeys dog

Jazz Cafe

5 Parkway, Camden, NW1

London NW1 7PG

UK

www.meanfiddler.com

Phone (020) 7344 0044

link

James, which three nights...does it run to Sunday?

Dave

You may well have done... it was recorded in the early 70s....

I was playing it in 1990 in Sheffield.

WOOF!

link

Yeah, used to like a bit of that sort of stuff in the early eighties.

There was a club in Peterborough that played Jazz/Funk, Fusion, Rare Groove, call it what you will thumbsup.gif

Memory's a bit hazy though cos the black guys there used to smoke some sort of turbo skunk and you only had to be in the room breathing it for 10 mins to be blotted :thumbup::sleep3:

Doh! Can't believe it's a year since I last saw her - have to take a trip to the cashpoint to check out the post-Xmas bank balance thumbsup.gif

Definately check her out if you haven't before - she's a bag of dynamite in a wee dress :sleep3:

Guest James Trouble

Friday till Sunday!

Friday is said to be the best night though, with the finest and most handsome DJs keeping the dancers happy till late into the night.

I hope you can still get tickets! thumbsup.gif

James, which three nights...does it run to Sunday?

Dave

link

Edited by James Trouble

Friday till Sunday!

Friday is said to be the best night though, with the finest and most handsome DJs keeping the dancers happy till late into the night.

I hope you can still get tickets! thumbsup.gif

link

And by whom is that said, I wonder ? :thumbup:

Really got plans for Friday and Saturday, but as these do not include a nighter, might be tempted to venture down on the Sunday, especially if any of the Sheffield tee-totallers who have been reading this thread were going and needed someone to spread petrol costs :sleep3:

Guest Johnny One Trout

Shane

link

Errrrmmm would that have been in the White van on the way home from the 100 Club by any chance thumbsup.gif:sleep3::thumbup:

Errrrmmm would that have been in the White van on the way home from the 100 Club by any chance  thumbsup.gif   :sleep3:   :thumbup:

link

sure was John boy. :shades:

Many thanks mate as this helped us swallow up the tarmac on the way home.

Shane

Errrrmmm would that have been in the White van on the way home from the 100 Club by any chance  thumbsup.gif   :sleep3:   :thumbup:

link

He could have possibly heard the Sharon Jones version last year at Soulsville, I played it in one of my sets when Shane visited, as was the style back then. :shades:

I wish I could make it down to see them. But 2 trips to London just after crimbo is a bridge too far.

Sounds great. A nice review would be appreciated from anyone lucky enough to go.

I did a review last year Jamon Jamon - just read it and pretend it's for this year  thumbsup.gif   rrrrrevue

link

Kolla in reference to the footnote of your revue.

Ive been asking on the Daptone forum if there`s a chance of a release of " my Condition" & have been assured that a single will be released later this year :sleep3:

Garv

Guest James Trouble

And just incase naybody does not believe they are the best soul band on the planet, I'ved posted part of their version of What Condition on this site in all it's high quality detail.

MISS AT YOUR PERIL!!!!!!!!! thumbsup.gif

Sharon Jones "What Condition"

Edited by James Trouble

link

No one did it originally, it's a newly written tune. The James Lewis Fields track is completely different. I love both tunes though (and just about everything Sharon Jones has recorded)! whistling.gif Here's an RA of the Sharon Jones cut. BUY THE 45 from www.daptonerecords.com for $8 including shipping to the UK. And then buy everything else from their site. :lol:

I did a review last year Jamon Jamon - just read it and pretend it's for this year  whistling.gif   rrrrrevue

link

Thank you for that, a very nice read. Still doesn't make up for not being there this weekend...... :lol:

There is still tickets for sunday and maybe saturday as far as i know

Me (fryer) and James Trouble will also be djing on the sunday so we will bring some nice souly bits for anyone intersted in coming down

And just incase naybody does not believe they are the best soul band on the planet, I'ved posted part of their version of What Condition on this site in all it's high quality detail.

MISS AT YOUR PERIL!!!!!!!!! :D

Sharon Jones "What Condition"

link

Hi i`m having trouble playing the "my condition", any tips?.

Garv

Hi i`m having trouble playing the "my condition", any tips?.

link

If you're having probs - right click on link and save target to your desk top - should play fom there.

You could try asking me to play it Friday or Sunday night?  :lamsey:

link

You can catch Sharon Jones on the Criag Charles radio show on Friday - the show runs from 8pm to 11pm but not sure if Sharon will be on before OR after her Jazz Cafe gig.

More info here

If you're having probs - right click on link and save target to your desk top - should play fom there.

link

No its still not having it :lamsey:

You could try asking me to play it Friday or Sunday night?  :lol:

link

If i dont shake this flu i wont be seeing the gig on sunday, has the whole world & his wife got the flu bug?.

Garv.

No its still not having it :lamsey:

If i dont shake this flu i wont be seeing the gig on sunday, has the whole world & his wife got the flu bug?.

Garv.

link

Garv

maybe due to brower set up ??

does anyother clips on site work for you ?

if got winmedia or quicktime plugins it should work

any error messages etc

maybe better reply by pm

try this link for this one fo r now

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/uploads..._88_1964856.mp3

• 2 weeks later...