Soul Self Satisfaction

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've a feeling it was longer than the 19 minutes posted here, I coiuld have been splitting it to post????? Jo Wallace will know she was on the show.

Anyway I can't find the "listen again" archive on t'BBC but there is the info about the show...

Soul Self Satisfaction: The Story of Northern Soul

Saturday 22 October 2005 10:30-11:00 (Radio 4 FM)

Writer and cultural historian CP Lee explores the strange world of Northern Soul music, which first landed on British shores in the early 1960s. This movement instantly created an underground cultural phenomenon for teenagers who previously had nowhere to go. The Northern Soul scene was driven by a love of Black American artists who had failed to make a success in the USA.

Followers of the Northern Soul fraternity include the designer Wayne Hemingway, music producer Ian Levine, DJ Jo Wallace, and lifelong soul boy Stuart Cosgrove, all of whom describe their passion and experiences of Northern Soul music.

Social source share

Guest Hector Rivera

Am I right in thinking that C P Lee was in Alberto y los trios paranois who done a heavy metal

parody record "Heads down no nonsense mindless boogie" amongst others back in the days of Punk ??

Social source share

Guest Darks

Am I right in thinking that C P Lee was in Alberto y los trios paranois who done a heavy metal

parody record "Heads down no nonsense mindless boogie" amongst others back in the days of Punk ??

Yep, same guy. He is a lecturer at Manchester University in "culture". "heads down..." etc was a bit of a hit record.

Much prefered the earlier "Snuff Rock" EP, which gave the world the timeless lines of "I don't give a damn I don't fcking care, gonna kill my mum and dad and pull out my hair". Happy times.

Regards Alan

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, same guy. He is a lecturer at Manchester University in "culture". "heads down..." etc was a bit of a hit record.

Much prefered the earlier "Snuff Rock" EP, which gave the world the timeless lines of "I don't give a damn I don't fcking care, gonna kill my mum and dad and pull out my hair". Happy times.

Regards Alan

Wasn't 'I'll nail your liver to a door' in ther somewhere too? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Darks

Wasn't 'I'll nail your liver to a door' in ther somewhere too? biggrin.gif

Don't quote me on this as I've not heard the record since 1978! but I think it was "I'm gonna rip your liver out and pin it on your braces".

I have a plan to buy all the records I used to have around that time. Don't ask me why especially this one.

Regards Alan

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!