Labels

Guest Mary Boogaloo

Guest Mary Boogaloo

Does anyone know of a good website where I can gather information on record labels?

Failing that, any of you know the place of origin of those labels:

CHERRY

ANDEE

CLAMIKE

BOSS

TUFF

Thanks in advance!

Mary

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Does anyone know of a good website where I can gather information on record labels?

Failing that, any of you know the place of origin of those labels:

CHERRY

ANDEE

CLAMIKE

BOSS

TUFF

Thanks in advance!

Mary

link

Boss, few cities depending on who you are after, there is a Detroit based Boss featuring Johnny Dixon and Reggie Alexander and a Philly based Boss label feraturing the Celebrities (Didn't Tell The Truth).

Tuff based in New York.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Boss, few cities depending on who you are after, there is a Detroit based Boss featuring Johnny Dixon and Reggie Alexander and a Philly based Boss label feraturing the Celebrities (Didn't Tell The Truth). 

Tuff based in New York.

link

Was Andee Philadelphia ?

Social source share

Was Andee Philadelphia ?

link

Not sure without having a look at label for clues, Mighty Sam recorded on the label.

June Bateman recorded for Clamike. Also recorded for Odessa but need a nosey at label for clues. Any scans anyone for these and also for Cherry?

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Was Andee Philadelphia ?

link

This is a strange label, I have a Might Sam 45 which looks fine, but also a William Bell Marching Off To War that was on Stax and would have no reason to be on this label, also did a very boot looking 45 of Drifters _ Gotta Pay Your Dues not appear on this? whistling.gif:lol:

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Guest Mary Boogaloo

I am enlighted! Thanks for the info.

However the Cherry label is a mysterious one...

whistling.gif Ok, I went to the cave to get the record for some more details and there it was: Hartford, Connecticut. Well embarassing!

Sorry everyone

Social source share

This is a strange label,  also did a very boot looking 45 of Drifters _ Gotta Pay Your Dues not appear on this?  whistling.gif   :lol:

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Jock

link

Certainly did, along with the "Arctic Strings" (yeah right!) "Turn me on", and talking of which wasn't that "Meditation of the soul" sitar inst. on there as well. Did someone just hijack the label?

Jerry.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!