• Replies 14
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Awesome clip! :thumbsup:

- Funnily enough I was only recently listening to the interview with Keith Stewart of the group, on Boba's "sitting in the park" show - after I'd had a 'session' playing some of their tunes, from the first release "Promises" on GEC records to the Mercury LP "Fantasy".

Then around the end of the interview he mentioned his (then) recent CD on Da Man records "The longshot sessions" - this has a few tracks credited to Heaven & Earth, which at the time I never connected with the group :wicked:

So I had to dig that out and play it again also!

Coincidence or what!

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Excellent song, hardly the sort of staple youtube material !

I don't have this track, is it from an LP and if so which one please including label ?

Martin Snow

Social source share

Awesome clip! :thumbsup:

- Funnily enough I was only recently listening to the interview with Keith Stewart of the group, on Boba's "sitting in the park" show - after I'd had a 'session' playing some of their tunes, from the first release "Promises" on GEC records to the Mercury LP "Fantasy".

Then around the end of the interview he mentioned his (then) recent CD on Da Man records "The longshot sessions" - this has a few tracks credited to Heaven & Earth, which at the time I never connected with the group :wicked:

So I had to dig that out and play it again also!

Coincidence or what!

Keith (the guy I interviewed) is second from the left in the video, the guy singing lead is Dwight Dukes, he walks past Keith at one point.

Don Cornelius polices youtube pretty well, the clip will probably be taken down soon (all soultrain vids get taken off quickly).

Social source share

"No Limit" was issued as the b-side to "Guess Who's Back In Town" on MERCURY 74013 in 1978. That's the 7", don't know if there's a 12" or if it was included on any LP.

no limit is on that mercury LP that Guess who's back in town is on

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

THANKS FOR THE LP SCAN JOHN, THAT WAS THE LP I ASSUMED IT MIGHT BE ON, IT'S ALWAYS BEEN A TOUGH ONE FOR ME, I THINK I'VE ONLY EVER SEEN IT TWICE AND IVE NEVER ACTUALLY POSSESSED A COPY.

Edited by MARTIN SNOW
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert