"bobby Sansom" "don't Leave" Sublime

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 18
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i,ve got 2 copys of this brill toon. one has a really bright yellow label, while the second copy has a more orange/yellow colour. everything else is the same ie label number, run out numbers ect. any one any idea why ?

I've only ever seen the yellow version, the orange version must be rarer. great track.

I read somewhere that Bobby Sansom was actually a White artist that came to the bay area from England, and that Sly Stone discovered him somehow. Anyone know the details? I can't remember where I read that, I think on the internet somewhere.

Social source share

I've only ever seen the yellow version, the orange version must be rarer. great track.

I read somewhere that Bobby Sansom was actually a White artist that came to the bay area from England, and that Sly Stone discovered him somehow. Anyone know the details? I can't remember where I read that, I think on the internet somewhere.

Bobby used to be based in Brighton in the early to mid 60's used to sing with various bands doing all the latest pop and soul covers.

Was told this by an old Brighton dj while buying some records of him a few years ago. Funnily enough had a copy of the "Don't leave" of the guy that day.

Derek

Social source share

Guest just mo

still a toon kev, i could see you and headsy in one of them jackets he's got on ! !

Ooh...Bobby and Julie Sansom. Wedding parties a speciality. I can see it now shades.gif

Social source share

Ooh...Bobby and Julie Sansom. Wedding parties a speciality. I can see it now :shades:

We don't just do wedding do's you know - nighters , weekenders , mid week visits , chalets , caravans - all events catered for - and free of charge as well ! :thumbsup: .

(I'm still pissed off with Bobby though )

Edited by ZTSC
Social source share

Bob S passed on a bit of background triv the other day on the track

I do have one little story that you might find amusing.....When "Don't Leave" came out....it was No 1 in San Francisco...and my band & I went up there for some personal appearances and gigs....( I was here before for five years...lived in Hollywood ) Sly Stone was a D J on a local soul radio station in San Fran where Sly & The Family Stone were based. He was playing the ass off Don't Leave...and we heard it on every station as well. One night we went to a club " Winchester Cathedral " where Sly Stone and the band were appearing.....during the evening someone introduced me to Sly, who was the bass player as you know...... and he said "YOU'RE Bob Sansom ????!!!! " he thought I was black.....never played the song again !!

Social source share

Source Advert