Wanted - Barbara King. Large Trades Offered

Guest adam leaver

Guest adam leaver

OK I've had no joy whatsover in finding this 45.

Barbara King - What I Did In The Street

I'm after this on the yellow issue. Heavy trades (soul or funk) and/or cash offered.

PM me if you have any luck.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 29
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

I'm after this on the yellow issue. Heavy trades (soul or funk) and/or cash offered.

link

This record is my number one want. I have heavier trades and/or cash than Adam waiting for anybody who may have this. whistling.gif

Email me and not Adam if you have any luck. :lol:

James Trouble

jamestrouble@hotmail.com

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest adam leaver

This record is my number one want. I have heavier trades and/or cash than Adam waiting for anybody who may have this. whistling.gif

Email me and not Adam if you have any luck. :lol:

James Trouble

jamestrouble@hotmail.com

link

Thats a bit bloody cheeky. You dont know what trades I have y'little monkey, so :lol: . I'm not going to get irked by this - if you have this 45, then the choice is yours: you can take your pick from any one or a number of 45s from my extensive (7000+) collection, which has been carefully and meticulously put together via hard digging and perspiration, and includes many obscurities/unknowns dating from the early 1960s to late 1980s. Or take your pick from JT's collection of 72 bandwagon-jumping, Northern-by-numbers 45s put together rapidly since August of last year, and funded by a 'career' of sitting next to someone who knows how to deal in futures. Keep the Faith, and all that.

Now back off my posts in future you enormous git.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Thats a bit bloody cheeky. You dont know what trades I have y'little monkey, so  :lol: . I'm not going to get irked by this - if you have this 45, then the choice is yours: you can take your pick from any one or a number of 45s from my extensive (7000+) collection, which has been carefully and meticulously put together via hard digging and perspiration, and includes many obscurities/unknowns dating from the early 1960s to late 1980s. Or take your pick from JT's collection of 72 bandwagon-jumping, Northern-by-numbers 45s put together rapidly since August of last year, and funded by a 'career' of sitting next to someone who knows how to deal in futures. Keep the Faith, and all that.

Now back off my posts in future you enormous git.

link

It's a public forum, I'm within my rights to say I want the record as well. We can't have you getting a record cheap off these poor unsuspecting soulies, now can we? You could have PMed everybody on this board seperatly if you wanted to keep it secret.

Perhaps not a good idea to get personal, especially given your taste in woolie jumpers with fake leather patches on the elbows, and your desperate attempts to cover up your secret perverted geeky internet life from your piss taking students.

You prize cuntox! :graywanker:

Oh, and while you're on the subject of what we do for a living, have you picked up any more boxfulls of 'rare' records to sell through BabyT off that artsist robbing thief called Dante? I see he's got ANOTHER Cania up for sale on Ebay. I may trade the money markets for a living, but at least I don't sell on records that have benn STOLEN from poor, down on their luck artists, y'little monkey. whistling.gif

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

These are the type of threads I really dislike on soul-source. Come on lads have some etiquette. This is far from positive and damaging to the forum. It is about discussion and helping eachother in my opinion. thmbdn.gif

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

These are the type of threads I really dislike on soul-source. Come on lads have some etiquette. This is far from positive and damaging to the forum. It is about discussion and helping eachother in my opinion.  thmbdn.gif

link

You're right. That is why I was making sure anybody with the record knows that Adam is not the only person who wants the record and if someone would want to sell it they should expect to receive a decent trade or money for it, hence helping anybody with the record.

The last similar thread I remember like this was on Rare Soul Forum 6 months ago, I posted up that I wanted Ree FLores, and several other people posted up that they want it as well. Fair enough and everybody ended up havign a discussion about it. I didn't start slagging off everybody else who said they wanted it as well.

I said I wanted the record as well as Adam with a nice friendly smilie, Adam got personal, I got more personal. And neither of us will get the record because it's so bloody rare. whistling.gif

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest adam leaver

You're right. That is why I was making sure anybody with the record knows that Adam is not the only person who wants the record and if someone would want to sell it they should expect to receive a decent trade or money for it, hence helping anybody with the record.

The last similar thread I remember like this was on Rare Soul Forum 6 months ago, I posted up that I wanted Ree FLores, and several other people posted up that they want it as well. Fair enough and everybody ended up havign a discussion about it. I didn't start slagging off everybody else who said they wanted it as well.

I said I wanted the record as well as Adam with a nice friendly smilie, Adam got personal, I got more personal. And neither of us will get the record because it's so bloody rare. whistling.gif

link

OK OK after another read, perhaps I was a little over the top. But this isn't an isolated incident - you frequently post negative things on my threads (on this board and others) and on our last couple of face to face meetings you've just been plain rude frankly. I'm just fed up with it now. I've always tried to be personable and friendly with you, but it just gets to a point where I begin to feel stupid by ignoring it. And to say that you've got better trades and more cash in a cheap attempt to poach a record is just out of line in my book, particularly when you know only one of those things is true.

Either way, in an attempt to honour the more pragmatic and convivial

etiquette of this message board than that of the funk board, I am willing to withdraw my comments, provided you do likewise.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

OK OK after another read, perhaps I was a little over the top. But this isn't an isolated incident - you frequently post negative things on my threads (on this board and others) and on our last couple of face to face meetings you've just been plain rude frankly. I'm just fed up with it now. I've always tried to be personable and friendly with you, but it just gets to a point where I begin to feel stupid by ignoring it. And to say that you've got better trades and more cash in a cheap attempt to poach a record is just out of line in my book, particularly when you know only one of those things is true.

Either way, in an attempt to honour the more pragmatic and convivial 

etiquette of this message board than that of the funk board, I am willing to withdraw my comments, provided you do likewise.

link

I'm rude to everybody, so don't think you're special. lol :lol:

The problem with message boards is that you can't 'hear' how someone says somthing. So I say I would pay more than you in a jovial manner, but you read it as me being rude.

I'm sorry you misinterpretted my comment, although I certainly would be pissed off with myself if a poor unsuspecting soulie sold you it for £100 and I could have posted and said I want it as well, and stood a chance of outbidding you.

Perhaps I should have siad "I'm after this record as well and would also give heavy trades and/or cash" instead of saying I would 'pay more than you', even if i did follow it with a friendly smilie. whistling.gif Let's face it, I'd certainly pay £1000 cash for it, and £1500-£2000 in unwanted funk trades. Perhaps you'd pay more?

This is interesting. Is it rude to follow someone's wants on a public forum by also saying you want a copy as well? What about with an 'unknown' record like this compared to a common well known record? It's the same sort of thing as someone posting a want for say The Cautions "No Other Way", and someone replys saying there is one on ebay now. Another forum user may have been bidding on it and by giving this info the bidder of the record is going to lose out. Can you see what I'm trying to say here?

Is it rude to follow a want by saying you also want the record. By doing this you are potentially helping a forum user who may want to sell the record, but you are pushing up the price of the record for another forum user.

At the end of the day Adam, both you and I should have been more alert when THAT copy was on ebay, that way one of us would have had it instead of Byron. :angry:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest adam leaver

I'm rude to everybody, so don't think you're special. lol :lol:

The problem with message boards is that you can't 'hear' how someone says somthing. So I say I would pay more than you in a jovial manner, but you read it as me being rude.

I'm sorry you misinterpretted my comment, although I certainly would be pissed off with myself if a poor unsuspecting soulie sold you it for £100 and I could have posted and said I want it as well, and stood a chance of outbidding you.

Perhaps I should have siad "I'm after this record as well and would also give heavy trades and/or cash" instead of saying I would 'pay more than you', even if i did follow it with a friendly smilie. whistling.gif Let's face it, I'd certainly pay £1000 cash for it, and £1500-£2000 in unwanted funk trades. Perhaps you'd pay more?

This is interesting. Is it rude to follow someone's wants on a public forum by also saying you want a copy as well? What about with an 'unknown' record like this compared to a common well known record? It's the same sort of thing as someone posting a want for say The Cautions "No Other Way", and someone replys saying there is one on ebay now. Another forum user may have been bidding on it and by giving this info the bidder of the record is going to lose out. Can you see what I'm trying to say here?

Is it rude to follow a want by saying you also want the record. By doing this you are potentially helping a forum user who may want to sell the record, but you are pushing up the price of the record for another forum user.

At the end of the day Adam, both you and I should have been more alert when THAT copy was on ebay, that way one of us would have had it instead of Byron. :angry:

link

I guess you're right on the interpretation thing & maybe I over-reacted, but like I say, this isn't an isolated incident - its the cumulative effort. As for the readies I'd be willing to offer, well I tend not to flash my money about on message boards, but I always pay a decent and fair price if a dealer doesnt know the value of something. If he's set a price, then its fair game, but if they don't know the value and I do, then I pay the price. Thats how you treat people. And as for this comment:

"I certainly would be pissed off with myself if a poor unsuspecting soulie sold you it for £100 and I could have posted and said I want it as well, and stood a chance of outbidding you."

Well, I'd never offer that little for it. I'm not the type of person to tell a dealer (soul or otherwise) that a record wasn't worth very much when I knew it was. I'd never, for instance, prize a £3,000 soul record out of a dealer by telling him it wasn't worth very much, but I'd pay a couple of hundred dollars if it were removed from auction that day. I wouldn't do that, mate...

Either way, like I said - I've offered to retract my post. Let me know if you want to do likewise and we'll banish this episode to the wastepaper basket of history

Social source share

Guest wrighty

link

actually i wouldnt mind a second copy, hell to etiquette, its dog eat dog whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I'm not the type of person to tell a dealer (soul or otherwise) that a record wasn't worth very much when I knew it was. I'd never, for instance, prize a £3,000 soul record out of a dealer by telling him it wasn't worth very much, but I'd pay a couple of hundred dollars if it were removed from auction that day. I wouldn't do that, mate...

link

I'd never say it wasn't worth very much, but I certainly would say I've been after it for a while and would be prepared to pay $100 including postage. I wouldn't pay $200 though, far too much. whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I dont want it, but if you want to piss Adam and James off, you can trade it with me, and I can leave it at the back of my "rubbish" box at me ma's

:lol:whistling.gif

Social source share

brillaint record, i want it also. Ive got an old beat up Renault Extra Van to trade that wont pass its MOT and Half a Tuna Sandwich left over from lunch, HEAVY HEAVY

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

brillaint record, i want it also. Ive got an old beat up Renault Extra Van to trade that wont pass its MOT and Half a Tuna Sandwich left over from lunch, HEAVY HEAVY

link

I give you till Sunday night to hold out with your 'no meat' new years resolution. I can see an after Sharon Jones kebab coming on! :fool:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I give you till Sunday night to hold out with your 'no meat' new years resolution. I can see an after Sharon Jones kebab coming on! :fool:

link

I did that in August 1984. And havent eaten meat since. Apart from once when a pasty said cheese and onion on t'label. But it werent!! :D

So keep it up Mr Funk. You have the joys of your blood excreting all the hideous crap that you get from all the nastys the animals are fed on (I have a real stomach churning tale about that). Its not pretty, but you feel the benefit after a while. And its great for all your mates to take the mickey. Even if you last the 20 years like me. they never seem to think the joke will ever get old :D

Stomach turning tale. look away if squeamish.

As my blood was getting rid of all the crap from the decaying carcasses I used to eat, I got some spots. Not too bad, and certainly not teenage acne. But there was this one. It built up on my right cheek, and hung around for weeks, getting bigger and more painful, but it never formed a head, so I couldnt pop it. One lunch time at home, I had unfortunatley just finished my meal, and the spot was throbbing like a bastard. As I aproached my kitchen door I yawned and the spot burst. I was more than an arms length away from the door but thick GREEN puss hit it with a thud. I went dizzy with pain and staggered into the bathroom where I had a caterpillar thick stream of green gunk dripping down my cheek. I needed 2 days off work before the bleeding stopped. I was on pills for three weeks, and my doctor had tests done on the puss because she had never seen anything like it. She never did give a proper explaination as to why it was the colour it was, but she retired soon after. I hope my spot had nothing to do with it blush.gif

Social source share

that is truly a manky fucking story,

I feel tired as f*** as ive given up coca-cola for water , my morning egg and bacon doubler for porage with honey and my parma ham for fucking stuffed peppers. The weight of dropping of me though, i kind of feel worse and better at the same time. I dont think the month off the booze will make it through 3 nights of djing this weekend though. :D

Edited by fryer
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Stomach turning tale. look away if squeamish.

As my blood was getting rid of all the crap from the decaying carcasses I used to eat, I got some spots. Not too bad, and certainly not teenage acne. But there was this one. It built up on my right cheek, and hung around for weeks, getting bigger and more painful, but it never formed a head, so I couldnt pop it. One lunch time at home, I had unfortunatley just finished my meal, and the spot was throbbing like a bastard. As I aproached my kitchen door I yawned and the spot burst. I was more than an arms length away from the door but thick GREEN puss hit it with a thud. I went dizzy with pain and staggered into the bathroom where I had a caterpillar thick stream of green gunk dripping down my cheek. I needed 2 days off work before the bleeding stopped. I was on pills for three weeks, and my doctor had tests done on the puss because she had never seen anything like it. She never did give a proper explaination as to why it was the colour it was, but she retired soon after. I hope my spot had nothing to do with it  :D

link

That is more to do with you being a soap dodger than a meat eater you Manky git!!!!

Oh and BTW i'll take one of those records as well wink.gif I won't pay any where near as much as Adam or Trouble but i will be ever so much more grateful wink.gif if you know what i mean :Dblush.gif:D:lol:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I decided to do it on the spot. And have never regretted my choice, apart from a ten day period whilst backpacking in Central America, when I lived on bread and Avocado.

The tiredness can be got over by taking iron tablets. I did it for the first few months, but felt fine after that. Its great that you are trying it, but January is a tough month for leaving booze alone. I often do that in february, and consol myself that it is the shortest month :D

Even if you only last one month it makes a difference.

ps did you know it takes 6 years for the bowels to release all the left over crap from the drugs given to animals. Anyone got a vomitting smiley?

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Cheers James. looks lovely, that carrot.

I cook meat for my family end friends. I'm not some tree hugging weirdo. So stay off my Karma dude. I mean, c'mon peace out!!

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Cheers James. looks lovely, that carrot.

I cook meat for my family end friends. I'm not some tree hugging weirdo. So stay off my Karma dude. I mean, c'mon peace out!!

link

Yeah right on hippy dude :D

Social source share

Come on then, what does everybody think of it? :D

link

I think it is OK. A reasonable funky soul effort but doesn't sound that special to me. The IMO somewhat similar (but less funky and better for it) old northern spin (old Butch CU btw) Lorraine Rudolph "I'll Keep Coming Back For More" on Jetstream for £15 beats it into a pulp.

Social source share