• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Johnny One Trout

There are some Deon Jackson tunes that i absolutely adore but every now and then he bears more than a passing resemblance to Gerry Marsden from Gerry and the Pacemakers i always think that this one has more than a passing resemblence to Gerry & The Pacemakers which is probably why Janine likes it so much................................

Ferry across the mersey to th...................................

Social source share

There are some Deon Jackson tunes that i absolutely adore but every now and then he bears more than a passing resemblance to Gerry Marsden from Gerry and the Pacemakers i always think that this one has more than a passing resemblence to Gerry & The Pacemakers which is probably why Janine likes it so much................................

Ferry across the mersey to th...................................

link

as sort of fits in with jot's post

here's how label pitched him from lp sleeve notes

Deon Jackson's singing style is warm, sweet and appealing. He is a pop singer through and through, one who can be enjoyed by teens or adults. His favorite singers include Tony Bennett, Johnny Mathis, Barbra Streisand and Dionne Warwick. He enjoys singing ballads, especially those with meaning, the type of song that has something to say. He s an avid follower of Broadway show material. Deon is looked upon by many music industry observers as the hottest new young male singer to come along during the 1960's...... 

in full

Social source share

Deon is one of my fav' artists, I've got a promo poster for "ooh Baby" on the wall right next to the P.C..........Love everything he did, Fav' track for me is "You said you love me ".

I try to collect the Crimson copies on Carla rather than the Red copies, I think the sound quality is better. If anyone ever spot a copy of "That's what you do to me" on the Crimson design let me know. That's one I havn't got.

JM

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Deon is one of my fav' artists, I've got a promo poster for "ooh Baby" on the wall right next to the P.C..........Love everything he did, Fav' track for me is "You said you love me ".

I try to collect the Crimson copies on Carla rather than the Red copies, I think the sound quality is better.  If anyone ever spot a copy of "That's what you do to me" on the Crimson design let me know. That's one I havn't got.

JM

link

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart.............................. :lol::Dblush.gif:D

Social source share

Deon is one of my fav' artists, I've got a promo poster for "ooh Baby" on the wall right next to the P.C..........

link

Got to be one of my best record bargains ever.. 'Ooh Baby' (German Atlantic pic sleeve) for £1.60.

(pic is actually off Manship's site, mine's in better condition :D )

post-1643-1105562333_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!