Marvin Gaye Choon

Got a promo Motown Marvin Gaye CD from a friend of mine yesterday and there's a fantactic choon on it called "Where Are We Going". I've had a look at his various albums and can't see it on anything. Does anyone know if this is on vinyl anywhere?

Edited by Paulie
Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

It was an unreleased track that was first issued a couple of years back on a box set of MG tunes. Had some very heavy plays on the modern xover scene ever since. There is no official TM release but i think i reead about some naughty 12"'s of this doing the rounds a while back biggrin.gif:D

trouty

Social source share

Thanks Johnny. So, I would be well within my rights to play this in the Modern room in Middleton on Friday off the promo CD? (Don't like playing boots or CDs if there's an original knocking about)

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Damn right you would Paulie should pack the floor as well mate a Choooneroonie as my good friend Tel boy would say

Troustster

Social source share

It's a done deal then Johnny. Heard it for the first time yesterday and it blew me away. Think it's gonna be big on this side of the pond

link

I was playing another Marvin track at the weekend called Seek and you will find,it was a winner with the crowd,also Bitter pill to swallow off the same album,are they album only tracks...Let me know mr Trout/Chalky/Pete etc...

Social source share

I was playing another Marvin track at the weekend called Seek and you will find,it was a winner with the crowd,also Bitter pill to swallow off the same album,are they album only tracks...Let me know mr Trout/Chalky/Pete etc...

link

Yup! LP only, of the fantastic "MPG" album. Wot do ya think of "Only A Lonely Man Would Know" and "It Dont Take Much To Keep Me" off the same LP?

Steve

Social source share

There was a re-issue 12" that I picked up a year or so ago with Where Are We Going' on plus a few other bonus cuts, all M. Gaye

This was recently (week or so back) back in stock at Fat City records in Manchester. They may still have some in...

But hey if you've got it on CD why not play it anyway? I certainly for 1 would not walk off the dancefloor even if I knew you were playing it on CD!

But then I'll never understand the debate about playing CD/vinyl, it's all about the music not the format! Format's are a personal choice thang!

Good luck!

Sam

Social source share

Totally understand Sam but I still like to play the vinyl if I can get it. I'll be in Manchester on Friday afternoon so I might drop down there and see if I can pick one up. How much you pay for it?

Social source share

Yup! LP only, of the fantastic "MPG" album. Wot do ya think of "Only A Lonely Man Would Know" and "It Dont Take Much To Keep Me" off the same LP?

Steve

link

More great tracks Mr Wiggles and what a album cover,i am gonna use it for my next poster/flyer...I sat back the other day and gave the whole album a listen for the first time ever,fantastic indeed..I am gonna play them tunes top death in clubs over the coming months...Cheers wiggles,fancy a tape swap??i love to hear what others hold close to there hearts...If so then send me a message...

Social source share

Totally understand Sam but I still like to play the vinyl if I can get it. I'll be in Manchester on Friday afternoon so I might drop down there and see if I can pick one up. How much you pay for it?

link

Know where you're coming from too Paulie, my total # of CD's is 2!

£6 or 7, if you don't wanna wait til Saturday: 0161 237 1181 or check their website out!

Sam

Social source share

It's on a 12" from a couple of years ago with a couple of housey/groove type things that are nothing to do with Marvin. Luckily "Where are we going" is track 1 on one of the sides, so is nice and DJ friendly. I certainly play it out as I'm not going to take one CD out with me hoping there will be a CD player. The label is Bizket.

Jordi

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!