Google Take On Paypal

hello,all saw something quickly on t/text this morning about google taking on paypal any info on this including the small print especially if something goes tits up on a record deal etc,is the google deal cheaper to use than paypal for receiving payment??,bet e-bore do not like this idea!!!, really need all the pros and cons of using the google payment method,thanks...soulie55,

ps-this is probably in the wrong forum and already been done!!!,but im fed up with the dodgy rip-off (slippery) paypal w*****s... boxing.gifboxing.gif:thumbsup::lol:

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hello,all saw something quickly on t/text this morning about google taking on paypal any info on this including the small print especially if something goes tits up on a record deal etc,is the google deal cheaper to use than paypal for receiving payment??,bet e-bore do not like this idea!!!, really need all the pros and cons of using the google payment method,thanks...soulie55,

ps-this is probably in the wrong forum and already been done!!!,but im fed up with the dodgy rip-off (slippery) paypal w*****s... boxing.gifboxing.gif:thumbsup::lol:

Someone's already asked this about 3 days ago, I think it only available to US sellers at the moment.

Social source share

I think Google will have to buy eBay if they want to compete with paypal. ebay own paypal and that's where most of paypal's business comes from.

Be nice to have some competition tho as competitiion always drives down prices.

Edited by paultp
Social source share

I think google could quite happily start their own Auction house and are probably drawing up plans right now! They're a name you can trust I think.

Social source share

Someone's already asked this about 3 days ago, I think it only available to US sellers at the moment.

Was launched to the UK market on Friday so is now available over here. All users have to be verified before they can join so that is a massive plus against paypal if you are a seller. At the moment eBay will not allow Google Checkout as a 'accepted Payment Method' but this may change if buyers start to ask for it.

Adam.

Social source share

I think google could quite happily start their own Auction house and are probably drawing up plans right now! They're a name you can trust I think.

Yes that's right, but in the beginning Ebay and Paypal fees were low until the corporate greed set in, who's to say Google won't try the same methods?, still a bit of competition will be good for greEd Bay

Lenny

Social source share

They are good at what they do and what they've done for the internet over the last 5 years or so has been awesome! World domination? If they carry on as they have been they wont need corporate greed, they're rolling in it anyway biggrin.gif I'm waiting for them to roll out some decent webhosting too... I'll be straight there.

Social source share

BEFORE I SET MY BUSINESS UP I SOLD SOFTWARE TO GOOGLE,MET[sOME CORPORATE TYPES IN NEW YORK AND IVE GOT TO SAY BRILLIANT DOESNT EVEN COME INTO THE EQUATION.IF THIS IS A RUMOUR THEN YOU CAN BET A MOVE TO DO THIS IS IN THE PIPELINE.GOOGLE WILL WIPE THE FLOOR WITH PAYPAL AND IT IS LONG OVERDUE.

CHEAPER FEES BRING THEM ON ASAP.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!