Looking For An Old Friend

jazzyjas

Back in 1997, a guy named James Maxwell of Scotland starting coming to the soul nights we were putting on in Baltimore. He was working in Washington, DC for a short while and moved back to the UK, possibly London. He is originally from Scotland and would be about 33-34 years old. If I can, I'll dig up a photo of him.

Just wondering what he's been up to lately and if he's still on the scene. He played some great sounds at our night years ago, too.

Any info would be great!

KTF

Jas

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Back in 1997, a guy named James Maxwell of Scotland starting coming to the soul nights we were putting on in Baltimore. He was working in Washington, DC for a short while and moved back to the UK, possibly London. He is originally from Scotland and would be about 33-34 years old. If I can, I'll dig up a photo of him.

Just wondering what he's been up to lately and if he's still on the scene. He played some great sounds at our night years ago, too.

Any info would be great!

KTF

Jas

link

Hi Jas

It sounds like my mate from all the way back to junior school. We always called him JIM .

I've kinda lost touch with him but last i heard he was teaching at OBAN HIGH SCHOOL in Scotland . Has marrried and a kid is on the way.

It certainly sounds like him he had some rather good records as i recall.

Derek Jack

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Any info would be great!

KTF

Jas

link

far as i know mate, hes moved to australia, he was staying in edinburgh until a couple of years ago, ill find out tomorow for you.

Social source share

Guest hammy

Max is in Oz - there's a lassie who knows him over there who sometimes goes into the nightowl chatroom so she might be able to help ( I think her ID is 'V' or something) . I think he's putting on nights in Oz as well.

Max has been defo been away a couple of years or so- maybe a little less.

He looks like a slimmer version of Barry (RIP) from Eastenders. Barry died when someone called Janine shoved him off a cliff in Scotland... smile.gif

Hammy

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Hey Kids...how's life

Hope all is well in the homeland...

Seems I just can't go anywhere without you lot tracking me down...I've PM'd Jas but thought you might like to know what we're up to over in Melbourne.

I've got a couple of things on the go - one club, GIMME SHELTER (www.gimmeshelter.tv) where we play Northern, RnB, 60's Garage and Freakbeat - a bit in the old Modern Lovers vein and pretty popular with a broad range of Melbourne Musos- and a new project in the pipeline - The Northern Line - a new Soul Allnighter coming to the City which will be purely Northern, RnB, Motown, Modern and Crossover.

So if you're ever in Melbourne (???) look us up.

Jimbo :unsure:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!