What Ever Happened To Jonathon?

Guest gibber

Guest gibber

Going through some of my old cut outs from E.A.S.C days at the st ives all-dayers and fleet niters from 78/79..

Regular Djs at the time ,Soul Sam, Pat Brady,Nev Werry, Arthur Fenn, Brian Rae, Hammie . John Vincent, Ginger , Rob smith , Tony warot and Jonathon.

So what Happened to Jonathon?

Nev apart all the others are still active on the scene in some way.

Edited by gibber
Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest whippet

He is recently married, alive and well ,and still in Nottingham . He DJs at Southport weekender and is still DJing. If you go on the Southport site you can find out all about him there. For a while he managed a heavy metal band from Leicester. When I will see him i will pass on your regards.

Social source share

Guest gibber

He is recently married, alive and well ,and still in Nottingham . He DJs at Southport weekender and is still DJing. If you go on the Southport site you can find out all about him there. For a while he managed a heavy metal band from Leicester. When I will see him i will pass on your regards.

Cheers thumbsup.gif

No disrespect meant.

I edit my post to suit

Edited by gibber
Social source share

Going through some of my old cut outs from E.A.S.C days at the st ives all-dayers and fleet niters from 78/79..

Regular Djs at the time ,Soul Sam, Pat Brady,Nev Werry, Arthur Fenn, Brian Rae, Hammie . John Vincent, Ginger , Rob smith , Tony warot and Jonathon.

So what Happened to Jonathon?

Nev apart all the others are still active on the scene in some way.

I was in the company of Jonathan at the recent Cleethorpes reunion back in February .....

He is still active on the scene , peddling his wares at various venues .

Malc Burton

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest Polyvelts

Early half of eighties Jonathan used to run a great record shop in arcade off parliament st, only place in Nottm you could get imports, mainly funk but sometimes he had a few 7's, remember buying William Bell lp on Kat Family there. He used to run rock city funk nights every Friday and the occasional Funk Oldies nights were awesome !!! Managed break dancing mob - the rock city crew ! Notts answer to Rock steady crew !!!!

Social source share

Early half of eighties Jonathan used to run a great record shop in arcade off parliament st, only place in Nottm you could get imports, mainly funk but sometimes he had a few 7's, remember buying William Bell lp on Kat Family there. He used to run rock city funk nights every Friday and the occasional Funk Oldies nights were awesome !!! Managed break dancing mob - the rock city crew ! Notts answer to Rock steady crew !!!!

Jonathan , like Ian " Frank " / " Foggy " Dewhirst , must have made a pact with the devil , as they both look like they did 30 years ago ..... laugh.gif

Malc Burton

Social source share

Jonathon was the last person I spoke to before getting in the car for the journey home from Southport weekender last Sunday........he's fine.

To see what he's up to now, type "Southport 40" into Youtube............some great footage of the weekend there, including Jonathon and Bob Jeffries closing set on Sunday night...........which I missed, unfortunately!!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

• 2 months later...
Guest ruppy

Get your ass down the Trentside .the boat club 1st sat everymonth.some of the old school back in the mid seventies jonathon still come down.sean turner.donny.john & steve elexa to name a few.

might even drag paul musson out for a reunion

best

Mick H

Social source share

Guest gibber

Hi im still living in nottingham and djing regards jonathan

Thanks Jonathon

:lol:

This site is brilliant.

You always seemed to be deejaying every where at that time. Especially ken Cox's promotions.

andy

Social source share

Now then

Malc Burton warned me that lurking in this hyperspaceodial geriatric institution i would be accosted by such as yourself.

All the same marvellous to meet cha!

How are you doin.....still have Daybreak?....ahh Turntable records Harrisburgh, who's that on the phone from England?

Rod Shard, wants to know if we have copies of a record by Traditions on Barclay....now is that a Yvonne Baker i see....HAPPY DAYS

thumbup.gif

ALAN

Social source share

Now then

Malc Burton warned me that lurking in this hyperspaceodial geriatric institution i would be accosted by such as yourself.

How are you doin.....still have Daybreak?....ahh Turntable records Harrisburgh, who's that on the phone from England?

Rod Shard, wants to know if we have copies of a record by Traditions on Barclay....now is that a Yvonne Baker i see....HAPPY DAYS

thumbup.gif

ALAN

Dennis Says Hi!

:(

:ohmy:

Social source share

Now then

thumbup.gif

ALAN

Guess not!!

Edited by ken
Social source share

Jonathan , like Ian " Frank " / " Foggy " Dewhirst , must have made a pact with the devil , as they both look like they did 30 years ago ..... :wicked:

Malc Burton

Malc

as the saying goes some people age like good wine......

On the other hand the two of us appear to be like cheap lager, ended up pi**ed up against a wall.

Where is "Frank", like to be in touch.

Buenos Tardes

ALAN :rolleyes:

Social source share

Malc

as the saying goes some people age like good wine......

On the other hand the two of us appear to be like cheap lager, ended up pi**ed up against a wall.

Where is "Frank", like to be in touch.

Buenos Tardes

ALAN :rolleyes:

You know me too well , dear chap ......

As for young Ian , he is alive and kicking , living in London playing soulful house to the henrys , makes the occasional foray ooop t'north ( he was DJing at the recent Cleethorpes Pier revival ) and denies he has had a facelift ......

Malc Burton

post-5097-1186549423_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Dennis Says Hi!

Top of the mornin to ya!

Yet another inmate in this hyperbolatical canary fired vinyl loopin tang.....nurse over here....quick!!

Don't bite your (Denis's) hand to hard........

You f***** gas**** i'll get you!

Did'nt we have some laughs on that record stall in town, lord knows what the poor general public thought.....

it must have been Griff's mack.....and original Ronnie McNeirs at £12 that brought it on! Struth!!

How's Keith...from Thurcroft.......

top man Sean...hope youre good.

ALAN

:thumbsup:

Social source share

As for young Ian , he is alive and kicking , living in London playing soulful house to the henrys , makes the occasional foray ooop t'north ( he was DJing at the recent Cleethorpes Pier revival ) and denies he has had a facelift ......

Malc Burton

Malc

your right he has done deal with the devil, Dorian Gray whatever......

i wonder if he has still got his copy of the Del Larks and Billy Woods...AH! Mr Woods......sorry folks but i agree with JM the record is worth its weight in gold plus a kilo....sublime and superb and never to be equaled.

I recall it being dropped in by Ian whether at Cleggy Sammies or Wigan and the place quietly erupted...a single finger on a piano intro (McCoy himself??) swirling strings and then those immortal words WIPE THOSE TEARDROPS FROM YOUR EYES 'CAUSE EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALLRIGHT and next minuite you couldnt get a Rizla paper between the the dancers on the floor...sheer MAGIC.

Thanks for phone call bud

ALAN :thumbsup:

Social source share

Malc

i wonder if he has still got his copy of the Del Larks and Billy Woods...AH! Mr Woods......sorry folks but i agree with JM the record is worth its weight in gold plus a kilo....sublime and superb and never to be equaled.

I recall it being dropped in by Ian whether at Cleggy Sammies or Wigan and the place quietly erupted...a single finger on a piano intro (McCoy himself??) swirling strings and then those immortal words WIPE THOSE TEARDROPS FROM YOUR EYES 'CAUSE EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALLRIGHT and next minuite you couldnt get a Rizla paper between the the dancers on the floor...sheer MAGIC.

Hey Alan - welcome - seem to recall I bought a few things off of you in the 70s....sadly not Billy Woods though :wicked:

Social source share

Malc

I seem to recall that it was Cleggy , and rightly so , the place went ballistic ......

Still a VG tune :wicked:

Malc Burton

Social source share

Malc Burton

Ian spends his time on the EMS board presently.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Malc Burton

Nope, absolutely no facelift I swear - just down to some good genes - the only bloody thing I got from my parents LOL...

However, the teeth are quite another matter although everything else appears to be in working order!

Best,

Ian

Social source share

Top of the mornin to ya!

Yet another inmate in this hyperbolatical canary fired vinyl loopin tang.....nurse over here....quick!!

Don't bite your (Denis's) hand to hard........

You f***** gas**** i'll get you!

Did'nt we have some laughs on that record stall in town, lord knows what the poor general public thought.....

it must have been Griff's mack.....and original Ronnie McNeirs at £12 that brought it on! Struth!!

How's Keith...from Thurcroft.......

top man Sean...hope youre good.

ALAN

................................................................................

Good times on the best Record Stall in England, Alan.

Can you believe, it's over 30 years ago!!!

Ronnie McNeir @ £12 was considered 'expensive' back then.

Course, this was when I used to knock Jack Montgomery's, on Barracuda, out at 80pence apiece!

Griffs still got the mack.... but, sadly, Keith passed away about 5 years ago.

Gawd knows what happened to Dennis.

Probably still chasing cars in the great madhouse in the sky!

:thumbup:

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!