Pattie Ward On Road

Guest vinylvixen

Guest vinylvixen

Played Pattie Ward's (Girls) You've got to wait for love at the 100 Club on Saturday and the response has been quite overwhelming. Manship has it at £40 with a sound bite and I'm sure if you hunt round, you'll find it cheaper......beautiful female vocal with vibes and strings, very floaty and mid tempo 1968 production........Miss this one at your peril. :D Jo

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Played Pattie Ward's (Girls) You've got to wait for love at the 100 Club on Saturday and the response has been quite overwhelming.  Manship has it at £40 with a sound bite and I'm sure if you hunt round, you'll find it cheaper......beautiful female vocal with vibes and strings, very floaty and mid tempo 1968 production........Miss this one at your peril.  :D Jo

link

I agree with you on this, a nice tune, and one that has never really got the attention it deserves.

Social source share

First heard this 5 or 6 years ago at a midtempo night and then last month at the greatstone in stretford-- should be played out more imvho cheap as chips it is as well----but maybe thats why it doesnt get played---shame really its a real floater sits very nicely with dee edwards on tuba--another cheapie

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

First heard this 5 or 6 years ago at a midtempo night  and then last month at the greatstone in stretford-- should be played out more imvho cheap as chips it is as well----but maybe  thats why it doesnt get played---shame really its a real floater  sits very nicely with dee edwards on tuba--another cheapie

link

What is this snobbery thing that cheap means no good...... :angry: You're so right - it should be played out more and it rammed the floor at the 100 on Saturday night when I teamed it up with the Minits 'Still a part of me'........let's start a 'PLAY PATTIE WARD' campaign and boycott all nighters that don't give it an airing :lamsey: Jo
Social source share

Yes i agree let pattie be played along with all those other midtempo girles that are pushed to the back of boxes its about time the girls had there day in more ways than one--- girl collectors--girl djs girl records-- so come on get them GIRLS played

Social source share

What is this snobbery thing that cheap means no good...... :angry: You're so right - it should be played out more and it rammed the floor at the 100 on Saturday night when I teamed it up with the Minits 'Still a part of me'........let's start a 'PLAY PATTIE WARD' campaign and boycott all nighters that don't give it an airing  :lol: Jo

link

Interestingly this is one of the last records I played before giving up my reluctant dj act. even more curiously at the 100 club also some point in late 80's. Didnt go down too well the few times I played it elsewhere.

This was one of 3 discs I bought in one night supplied by Andy Whitmore in the crossover vein that Andy was championing long before the term was invented (just to bore you further the others were Bernard Smith on Spectrum and Mr Nightingales fav Masterpiece, nice haul) another of great taste and influence on lots of people was Andy, glad to see he seemed to go down well at recent Manchester, well worth the plaudits.

Cheers nostalgically wistful :lamsey:

Jock

Social source share

Played Pattie Ward's (Girls) You've got to wait for love at the 100 Club on Saturday and the response has been quite overwhelming.  Manship has it at £40 with a sound bite and I'm sure if you hunt round, you'll find it cheaper......beautiful female vocal with vibes and strings, very floaty and mid tempo 1968 production........Miss this one at your peril.  :yes: Jo

link

definitely a regular shuffler in the old canal tavern days - i think it also got a few spins at the early Bretby doo's?? a bit pissed off I missed the girls night out down the 100 club - clashed with FA Cup 3rd round day i'm afraid - as last years was a belter too.

on the subject of blinding mid-tempo soul by lasses named Patti, try out the erstwhile Ms Stokes Mir-a-don outing, 'Is it true'.

the dogs :shhh:

Social source share

femmefatale first put me on to the excellent Patti Ward tune, and i gave it spin at the Norths Premier night out The Greatstone Hotel, it went down very well but still obviously fairly unknown on the scene even though it appears that it has had a fair amount of exposure over the years.

Incidentally Sunday January 2nd at The Greatstone was by far the best night out I have had for a considerable time probably ever, and we attempted to raise plenty of money for Tsunami Disaster Appeal by people paying for requests but the beauty of it was the requests were for Greatstone sounds not the played out oldies. Can one of the promoters come and let us know how much we raised for the charity.

All the DJ's double up behind the decks and the sounds were awesome all night.

Nice to see John May and his good lady there, becoming at bit of a regular John, great to see you mate. Have a word with Tony and Mark I'm sure they will let you do a set some time.

Cheers

Alan

Social source share

femmefatale first put me on to the excellent Patti Ward tune, and i gave it spin at the Norths Premier night out The Greatstone Hotel, it went down very well but still obviously fairly unknown on the scene even though it appears that it has had a fair amount of exposure over the years.

Incidentally Sunday January 2nd at The Greatstone was by far the best night out I have had for a considerable time probably ever, and we attempted to raise plenty of money for Tsunami Disaster Appeal by people paying for requests but the beauty of it was the requests were for Greatstone sounds not the played out oldies. Can one of the promoters come and let us know how much we raised for the charity.

All the DJ's double up behind the decks and the sounds were awesome all night.

Nice to see John May and his good lady there, becoming at bit of a regular John, great to see you mate. Have a word with Tony and Mark I'm sure they will let you do a set some time.

Cheers

Alan

link

:shhh: Thanks Alan for the mention, really looking forward to Saturday, soul sam and all, Sure the guy's will have me on soon...... :yes::P

Again, Patti ward ..........excellent :yes:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Not that I am easily influenced, but I've just bagged one, and will play it next Saturday (22nd) at our night in Newport. (Thats what they call a blatent plug I think).

I dont think i've ever heard it, but I know Jo wouldnt push a duff tune, so i'm looking forward to hearing it.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I love girlie mid-tempo, but I'm afraid this one does nothing for me! I'ts O.K., but lacks that magic 'something' Nice label tho'. anyone want a copy, let me know! :yes:

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

I love girlie mid-tempo, but I'm afraid this one does nothing for me! I'ts O.K., but lacks that magic 'something' Nice label tho'. anyone want a copy, let me know! :)

link

Bought the Patti Ward from Roger Banks around 1994 and played it several times at local do's, never really did the business but I still rate it highly and recommend it to lovers of girlie midtempo stuff. :D
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

definitely a regular shuffler in the old canal tavern days - i think it also got a few spins at the early Bretby doo's?? a bit pissed off I missed the girls night out down the 100 club - clashed with FA Cup 3rd round day i'm afraid  - as last years was a belter too.

on the subject of blinding mid-tempo soul by lasses named Patti, try out the erstwhile Ms Stokes Mir-a-don outing, 'Is it true'.

the dogs :yes:

link

It was a dilema for me too........FA Cup 3rd round OR deejaying at the 100 Club :no: Decisions, decisions......I think I made the right one tho' :no: Jo
Social source share

FIRST HEARD THE PATTIE WARD AT THE MUSSELBURGH ALLNIGHTERS NOT PLAYED BY A DJ. I WAS STANDING IN THE RECORD BAR WHEN A GIRL I'D NEVER MET BEFORE CAME AND ASKED IF I'D HEARD IT SHE HAD JUST BOUGHT IT AND WAS REALLY EXCITED. WHEN I SAID NO SHE TOLD ME TO GO HAVE A LISTEN ON A BURGER BOX LIKED IT AND TRACKED DOWN A COPY FOR MYSELF GREAT TUNE

Social source share

:no: Thanks Alan for the mention, really looking forward to Saturday, soul sam and all,  Sure the guy's will have me on soon...... :no:   :yes:

Again, Patti ward ..........excellent :no:

link

hi alan

£300.00 raised on the night not bad going for an extra night and no entrance fee

mark

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!