Till Death Us Do Part

How long do you think you would keep going to soul nights.....Who is the oldest geezer/women on the scene at the moment...I saw a thing about the Midlands soul scene on BBC and this guy said "they will have to put wheel chair ramps at soul nights because we aint gonna stop".Could be a problem at the 100 club,will Kenny take cash at the backdoor for all the four wheel soulie crowd..Don't mean to offend anyone out there....We have to be able to laugh at ourselves sometimes...

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

How long do you think you would keep going to soul nights.....Who is the oldest geezer/women on the scene at the moment...I saw a thing about the Midlands soul scene on BBC and this guy said "they will have to put wheel chair ramps at soul nights because we aint gonna stop".Could be a problem at the 100 club,will Kenny take cash at the backdoor for all the four wheel soulie crowd..Don't mean to offend anyone out there....We have to be able to laugh at ourselves sometimes...

link

Just look at Me! age 46 Look like a 36 and move like a 86 get the Zimmer ready for me boys! :lamsey:

Social source share

link

===========

There's a guy I used to see at Manchester Ritz, (don't go anymore, so not sure if he's still about) who looked like he was between 65 and 70. He mostly used to wear a white shirt, and used to see him dancing well into the night. Maybe not dancing trad northern style, and I don't mean this at all disrespectfully, just floating around the floor.

Seen some at the 100 over 50 I think, but at the end of the day, as long as you're enjoying yourself, and your incontinence trousers don't leak, who cares :-)

Winnie......heading into the above bracket very soon:-)

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

link

I think it all comes to down to the physical aspect as to how long you continue - The longer it takes to recover etc is a major determing factor and also it hard to dance with a cathether inserted (a problem that Little Stevie I know is having difficulties in coming to terms with this )

I would say go as long as physically possibly as minds were shattered into a million tiny pieces in some cases years ago

Social source share

Seen the guy from the Ritz at a soul event in the last few months,fantastic to see older soulies still giving it some...Leaking pants could be a problem,we can bring more talc to soak it up..COOOOOOOOOOOOOL...

link

You mean Ian don't you? The "older gentleman" mod from Blackpool. I see him all the time at Bury, Lowton, New century... I can remember him from when I first started on the scene in the 80s. Think he's mid 60s (not a guess, he told me once) :lamsey: He's usually in the modern room ..always tells me and the Shuffler how gorgeous we're looking....nice chap :lol::lol:

Social source share

Seen the guy from the Ritz at a soul event in the last few months,fantastic to see older soulies still giving it some...Leaking pants could be a problem,we can bring more talc to soak it up..COOOOOOOOOOOOOL...

link

==========

As I generally put water on the floor anyway (to slow it down) I don't think I'd find it a major problem....and look forward to the time when I can surreptitiously empty a bit onto the floor via the incontinence knickers, in a "Wooden horse" stylee :lamsey:

Winnie:-)

Social source share

You mean Ian don't you? The "older gentleman" mod from Blackpool. I see him all the time at Bury, Lowton, New century... I can remember him from when I first started on the scene in the 80s. Think he's mid 60s (not a guess, he told me once)  :lamsey: He's usually in the modern room ..always tells me and the Shuffler how gorgeous we're looking....nice chap :lol:   :lol:

link

Yes he is called Ian and the guide dog is called????Joke...

Social source share

The music has and will change with us.

The 100mph records of the past will inevitably fade as we all get older and cannot dance to them.

I forsee the day when we consider a Max Bygraves song as heart attack inducing stuff and demand "something a bit slower" :lamsey::lol:

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

Spoke to a top guy at Bidds the other week and his first ever soul night he attended was in 1959 at the tender age of 15,

........Andrew

Edited by andrew bin
Social source share

The music has and will change with us.

The 100mph records of the past will inevitably fade as we all get older and cannot dance to them.

I forsee the day when we consider a Max Bygraves song as heart attack inducing stuff and demand "something a bit slower" :lamsey:   :lol:

link

=====

Think we'll just change the way we dance, for example......

Shuffle for 20 seconds

puff on inhaler

Shuffle for 15 seconds

Spin

Wait for 20 seconds til we regain our bearings

Sit down but grab the arms of the chair as if in backdrop mode

Attempt to get up for 1 minute, multi backdrop scenario

Shuffle for remaining 5 seconds of track, clap, limp off floor.

Then do the whole thing the week after :lol:

Social source share

=====

Think we'll just change the way we dance, for example......

Shuffle for 20 seconds

puff on inhaler

Shuffle for 15 seconds

Spin

Wait for 20 seconds til we regain our bearings

Sit down but grab the arms of the chair as if in backdrop mode

Attempt to get up for 1 minute, multi backdrop scenario

Shuffle for remaining 5 seconds of track, clap, limp off floor.

Then do the whole thing the week after  :lamsey:

link

The sad part is when we get to the "shall I take my teeth out or leave them in"

In case you bite your tongue whilst attempting a backdrop.

Social source share

.... and also it hard to dance with a cathether inserted (a problem that Little Stevie I know is having difficulties in coming to terms with this )...

link

Ha Ha and i was stumped to know what to get little-stevie for his up and coming birthday, but now i have a lead.

When i was a sixth former i had a part time job in a Nursing home near Loughborough. I am well aware of the various "anti pissing your pants devices" on the market. I seem to recall that the less permenant versions, lets say "roll on's" came in various sizes.....Little-Stevie care to share the details....? :yes:

You can still perform all the jumpy squatty things you do so well as these little suckers come with a rubbery double sided sticky tape thing ma jig to hold everything in place :shhh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!