paultp

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 24
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

When there is N/A next to a title on JM's normally means its gone/out of stock or not available, i recently picked a white demo up and thought i was doing really well at £150.00, although this record has been around years and i suspect was originally played at 'Blackpool Mecca' or that kind of venue way back this is very much a current tune and is yet to go really big so in the scheme of things £125.00 to £150.00 and perhaps more?? is a fair reasonable price to pay as i reckon supply is soon gonna over shadow demand on this stunning version, this record is a monster in the making.

Good luck with finding this but it took me a good six months to find one and i did put a request 'want' on here.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

What do people think of the Karen Striblin version ?

That is the only version I have had but I sold it a couple of years ago. For me her voice didn't quite make the grade but its still pretty good.

When I had this KS version the CS version was an easy 45 to pick up for about 50-75 so i'm suprised to see these prices.

Social source share

What do people think of the Karen Striblin version ?

That is the only version I have had but I sold it a couple of years ago. For me her voice didn't quite make the grade but its still pretty good.

When I had this KS version the CS version was an easy 45 to pick up for about 50-75 so i'm suprised to see these prices.

I think 'The Continental Showstoppers' have the edge over 'Karen Striblin's' version, 'Jackey Beaver's' version is awesome and then there's 'The Cameros'' which is super rare of course, the CS version just seems to hit the spot with the dance floor, fantastic vocal and very right for now, it may have been an easy tune to locate a bit back but i suspect most of those copies available then are now all tucked away in collections and that's exactly where they will stay as demand seems to be pretty big on this 45.

Social source share

I think 'The Continental Showstoppers' have the edge over 'Karen Striblin's' version, 'Jackey Beaver's' version is awesome and then there's 'The Cameros'' which is super rare of course, the CS version just seems to hit the spot with the dance floor, fantastic vocal and very right for now, it may have been an easy tune to locate a bit back but i suspect most of those copies available then are now all tucked away in collections and that's exactly where they will stay as demand seems to be pretty big on this 45.

You keep talking it down mark, the copies will flood in :boxing::unsure:

Social source share

You keep talking it down mark, the copies will flood in :boxing::unsure:

Let's hope so then more people can get hold of a decent tune...lol and i'm not talking it down as i think it's the best version..time will tell if it turns up? possibly more issues will surface than the demo, like i said it's been around years and simply having it's day on the scene now like so many records deserve.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Let's hope so then more people can get hold of a decent tune...lol and i'm not talking it down as i think it's the best version..time will tell if it turns up? possibly more issues will surface than the demo, like i said it's been around years and simply having it's day on the scene now like so many records deserve.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

I was being ironic, telling everyone what a good tune it is doesn't help my search much :unsure::boxing:laugh.gif

Social source share

I was being ironic, telling everyone what a good tune it is doesn't help my search much :lol::thumbsup::lol:

Paul,

I'm afraid that the copy you PMd me for is the copy that landed with Mr Bicknell. Having blown him out of his shorts the last time we did a session in the Rhythm & Soul Shack, he just HAD to have a copy.

This really is a record that is going to hit the roof and then take it clean off the rafters!!! The Camaro's version is nice. More for the pretty label than anything - hardly a dancer. Karen Striblin, similar comment really, lovely X-Over but not a tune to bust your ribs. The next best thing is the Jackey Beavers on Jaber or Mainstream but seems to be just as hard to locate.

Laugh of the month? I found and bought a WD of the Jackey Beavers "When Something Is Wrong With My Baby" for the "Not Too Young" flip, only to find that the Mainstream WD copies are 'Double Headers' with the same track on both sides. Deep Joy!!!!

Hope this is the apt place to say..... It was last summer when Dolly spun this version for me after a 100 Club and I freaked when I heard it. Just SO perfect for now and I had to have it. I've been pushing this (often uphill it seems) for nearly a year and I know it will 'hit the mark' real soon, just like Hamilton Movement and the like took their time to sink in.

But hats off to Dolly for singling this one out for stardom, cos thats where it's going once it gets more plays!!!!

Neil :thumbsup:

Edited by burysoul
Social source share

Paul,

I'm afraid that the copy you PMd me for is the copy that landed with Mr Bicknell. Having blown him out of his shorts the last time we did a session in the Rhythm & Soul Shack, he just HAD to have a copy.

This really is a record that is going to hit the roof and then take it clean off the rafters!!! The Camaro's version is nice. More for the pretty label than anything - hardly a dancer. Karen Striblin, similar comment really, lovely X-Over but not a tune to bust your ribs. The next best thing is the Jackey Beavers on Jaber or Mainstream but seems to be just as hard to locate.

Laugh of the month? I found and bought a WD of the Jackey Beavers "When Something Is Wrong With My Baby" for the "Not Too Young" flip, only to find that the Mainstream WD copies are 'Double Headers' with the same track on both sides. Deep Joy!!!!

Hope this is the apt place to say..... It was last summer when Dolly spun this version for me after a 100 Club and I freaked when I heard it. Just SO perfect for now and I had to have it. I've been pushing this (often uphill it seems) for nearly a year and I know it will 'hit the mark' real soon, just like Hamilton Movement and the like took their time to sink in.

But hats off to Dolly for singling this one out for stardom, cos thats where it's going once it gets more plays!!!!

Neil :rolleyes:

Stop it! Its not helping you know! laugh.gif

Almost got a copy now thumbsup.gif

Social source share