Northern Soul In Norwich

jazzyjas

My friend Nigel Betts just moved back to Norwich this past July after being away from there since 1988. He used to be a part of the Back Street Soul Club and ran with guys like Keith Slater and Kev Lorrs (or Laws?).

He just moved up the road to Hingham for the quiet life, but if there was a decent soul scene going on in Norwich, I think he would come back out for it.

I heard there were a few quality nites there about a year or two ago. If anyone's on here from the Norfolk area, speak up.

Maybe we can get Nige to polish his brogues and get back on the scene.

KTF

Jas

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Richard Bergman

My friend Nigel Betts just moved back to Norwich this past July after being away from there since 1988. He used to be a part of the Back Street Soul Club and ran with guys like Keith Slater and Kev Lorrs (or Laws?).

He just moved up the road to Hingham for the quiet life, but if there was a decent soul scene going on in Norwich, I think he would come back out for it.

I heard there were a few quality nites there about a year or two ago. If anyone's on here from the Norfolk area, speak up.

Not a great deal , a bit rurual  -  Mind you I reckon you could get the Kindly Sheppards played !!!!!!!!!

KTF

Jas

link

Social source share

KTF

Jas

link

===========

Jas, perhaps Billy Whizz can help, think he's from the Norwich area :-)

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

KTF

Jas

link

Not a great deal , a bit rurual - Mind you I reckon you could get the Kindly Sheppards played !!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Yes. Nigel has mentioned Billy Whizz. Said he either knew him or his brother. I can't exactly remember. I wasn't sure if it was the same guy on this forum. Glad to hear he is. Nigel always told me Billy could spin about a million times and was on 'This England'

True?

Billy?

KTF

Jas

Social source share

JazzyJas there is a soul night going on in Norwich on Saturday the 5th Feb, not sure of exact details as I don't have a flyer.Why not PM BillyWhizz he knows the score about the night and will be glad to help you out :lamsey:

Social source share

There are soul nights occasionaly at The Talk which consist of commercial Motown for the handbaggers in the main room and mostly oldies in the smaller room.

OK if you need a soul "fix" and take it as you find it.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Yes. Nigel has mentioned Billy Whizz. Said he either knew him or his brother. I can't exactly remember. I wasn't sure if it was the same guy on this forum. Glad to hear he is. Nigel always told me Billy could spin about a million times and was on 'This England'

True?

Billy?

KTF

Jas

link

Not quite a million but Billy is still spinning away like crazy all over the place, and yes he was in this england and on the Soul Function DVD that just came out......

John

Social source share

The Talk of the East-Yes, he's been to that one. Told me it was a nice venue actually, but pretty common sounds. But you're right. It's a good place to go with people who aren't hardcore into northern. Everybody can still hang out together he said. You get your fix and they don't feel out of place.

KTF

Jas

Social source share

True?

Billy?

KTF

Jas

link

========

Yep true to both :-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!