Teddy Cash & The Cha Cha Label Outta Chicago

Recently purchased the Teddy Cash single on Cha Cha Records out of Chicago from another member on here (thanks NC). I bought it for the haunting empty ballad "You are so wonderful" - OK there are a couple of shaky moments in it that drop it down a bit but on the whole methinks its a good sound. The uptempo flip "I love the sound of music" is dire. It's a label that hadn't rung any bells with me previously and to be honest a "must investigate their releases sometime" type thought had never crossed my mind. I came across a Marvello's release on the label "Come back my love" on a red design but couldn't find a mention of this release - or indeed label - in Robert Pruter's excellent 'Chicago Soul' book. However a quick trawl through Gemm soon turned up alot more information about the Cha Cha imprint which I'll add on later.....

derek

post-1224-1177193283_thumb.jpg

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

my friend lives a block away from where the Cha Cha label was.

Hey up Bob - always think it's fantasic when I hear Americans say this. Damn it's not often I get a little bit jealous (laughs).

I'm curious about the Otis Bush release on Cha Cha 778 "So much in love/Someone to love" - described on Gemm as "earthy late 60s Chicago midtempo; deep soul flip".

Here's the Marvello's label scan post-1224-1177248191_thumb.jpg

Mr Manship currently has a copy of Teddy Cash for sale

onwards, derek

Social source share

Hey up Bob - always think it's fantasic when I hear Americans say this. Damn it's not often I get a little bit jealous (laughs).

I'm curious about the Otis Bush release on Cha Cha 778 "So much in love/Someone to love" - described on Gemm as "earthy late 60s Chicago midtempo; deep soul flip".

Here's the Marvello's label scan post-1224-1177248191_thumb.jpg

Mr Manship currently has a copy of Teddy Cash for sale

onwards, derek

I have the otis bush, it's an okay early soul / popcorn sound, more mid-uptempo. I think there's a second otis bush on the label but I'm not sure. I have two 45s by Jim Easter and the Artistics on Cha cha, presumably there's some connection to the soul artistics but I'm not sure what it is. I also have a syl johnson 45 on the label, but it's not memorable. That Teddy Cash you got sounds nice, I think I'll try to find it a little cheaper than MS first. Thanks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert