Sleepless Nights - Dublin

Well it looks like I'm the first one in who's sober enough to post.... :unsure:

The perfect venue. Bedrooms on the top floor, restaurant on the ground floor and The Music in the basement.

I feel well and truely musically satisfied, every spot was excellent...... :wicked:

We were, of course, all very well behaved and totally sensible.....

Except for........just wait for the fotos..... :)

If anyone decides to go over to this venue, I recommend the family room and then try to cram in 10 people....because that's how many we had in there by this morning.....

• Replies 66
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well it looks like I'm the first one in who's sober enough to post.... :unsure:

The perfect venue. Bedrooms on the top floor, restaurant on the ground floor and The Music in the basement.

I feel well and truely musically satisfied, every spot was excellent...... :wicked:

We were, of course, all very well behaved and totally sensible.....

Except for........just wait for the fotos..... :)

If anyone decides to go over to this venue, I recommend the family room and then try to cram in 10 people....because that's how many we had in there by this morning.....

just seen some of Daves photos looks like a good time was had by all.

Lou, wait till you see the one of woody, i will get dave to put them up later if i can drag him out of bed, it will take a week for him to get over last night.

Guest SteveC

What an amazing event!!!! One of the best ever - musically outstanding with a perfect venue which was condusive to the electric atmosphere and most importantly an open minded crowd who had a hell of a load of passion. Perfect Northen/Rare soul event ingredients!!

From the off the floor (which was superb for the dancers) was rammed with Pip showing he'd been busy buying quality sounds over the last year - Curly Moore being one of them. A blinding spot predominantly uptempo (thats my boy :) ) and so lovely to hear Viola Wills - I got love - sounding awesome.

I can't remember the running order but Harpo, Karl and Phil Shields were outstanding giving the place an air of Stafford - proof is in the pudding and anyone who knows my Carole will know she picks and chooses what she dances to. Not last night coz every sound was a corker and she was on the floor for approx 6 hours with hardly any breaks and resembled her old man in the wet clothing stakes - unheard of - but that for me is the sign of how good this event really was.

Thanks to Phil for the Soul "Joe" Clements (proving very ellusive), to Harpo for making my wife musically fulilled and to Karl and Steve T for sharing "one offs", c/u's and lesser played gems which stokes up any flagging enthusiasm/passion one may have - totally refreshing and I'm delighted that I can class those two guys and their respective partners as my friends.

Dave Rimmer - just the gentle drinking giant. Micky Cruze - crazy. The Rugby girls - pure fun. Fudge and Tina - simply Fudge and Tina. Chris and Marcelle - steady friends. Jo from York - wonderful dancer and a lovely person. Steve Cato and Lydia - looking forward to your southern excursion next month. Steve T and Lydia, Karl and Debs - always a pleasure to be in your company, you guys always give me a buzz when we talk music! Baz for being the placid happy man that he is - he just needs to get a new passport for next time he goes to Dublin. Many more that made the event the success it was.

Most importantly to Danny Duggan for putting on a smashing do - many thanks and keep this venue m8 - its tailor made for N/Rare soul.

Any chance of the superb playlists guys to help us reminisce of the night. We will be going back to Dublin - and not just on the anniversary's - not now we've experienced on line checking in :unsure: - just the easiest trip to make for us - and worth every penny!!!

hi just back home from a busy night in dublin.

really fabulous night, thanks danny for the spot, steve thank you for the kind words.

rugby + jo always a pleasure, see you in june if not before it somewhere :thumbsup:

some highlights for me...

ciara telling sian they weren't open yet and to come back in 10 minutes :wub:

paying for lunch only to find they hadn't ordered anything for me :P

and some soft walking with jo in the fresh air, deciding what tunes to play, then playing some different tunes :P

and harpo playing emmit long call me...........tune

Edited by phil shields

just seen some of Daves photos looks like a good time was had by all.

Lou, wait till you see the one of woody, i will get dave to put them up later if i can drag him out of bed, it will take a week for him to get over last night.

:wub: well I am waiting, woody just got out of bed, heres me, took the time to cook a dinner, and he does not want it, get them photos up sian! :thumbsup:

Did you get a present maggie, I did, oh oh !! mr rimmers is big big trouble now :P looks like you all had a great time, dave said the music was spot on.. lou x

Wonderful weekend. Great venue, great music, great beer, and most of all great people.

One scary thing though. On the thread before the event, it was alleged that the Rugby crew would be sitting on the plane singing 'Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep'. They didn't, BUT, guess what was playing in the first pub we went into in Dublin

Scary or what. Even more scary was the fact that Ganche knew all the words :thumbsup:

Fan bloody tastic weekend, was great to be in company of soo many friendly and up for it people.

Music all weekend was fanstastic, unfortunately i had to sneak off about 11.30??? last night as i couldnt stand up any longer and seriously into meltdown mode :thumbsup:

So sorry to all friends new and old that i never got to say good bye too! you'd have only of had to pick me up off the floor after wards :wub:

Fan bloody tastic weekend, was great to be in company of soo many friendly and up for it people.

Music all weekend was fanstastic, unfortunately i had to sneak off about 11.30??? last night as i couldnt stand up any longer and seriously into meltdown mode :thumbsup:

So sorry to all friends new and old that i never got to say good bye too! you'd have only of had to pick me up off the floor after wards :unsure:

HI BAZ , And all great weekend top crowd, great venue, top top tunes...... thanks to danny pip caira for putting me on ....hope i can do it again next year ?? for all who didn,t go pencil in the date for next year!! :thumbsup:

will post play list later.....heads still like a jigsaw in a washing machine at the mo :thumbsup:

good to chat to you phil s, great to see cristie and big mark back out after along while away

steve T

IT WAS A MAD ONE!!

Morning campers! :thumbsup:

Blinding weekend can only repeat what everyone else has said musically uplifting and an up for it crowd. Boy, did we have a crack. Cant wait to get back there. Hi to Carole bum chikka wah wah wah sexy bird. :thumbsup: And Steve C, Tina, Fudge, Sian and Dean, The three Jo's, Chris (I can dance all night) Morgan, Carlos, Phil Sheilds (great set btw) and of course lovely Kev from Newry, Woody and Dave. Little-stevie and Lydia , Marcelle and Chris, Baz and Mickey the mad one. Itwas also great to see people I'd met other places - especially Wendy. Top Bird!! :thumbsup: Well, Marg and Lou, we can safely say they were very well behaved, Sian was mother and they didnt dare be naughty!!

Was great to put soul-source names to faces and I found it funny that people who were introduced to each other gave the obligatory nod and hand shake til I was pointing out their soul-source name and they were hugging and saying Oooooooooooh, hello mate!!!

Well done to Tina who always has me in stitches. She told the customs officer that although the bottle of lotion in her bag said it contained 200ml it was only half full ! Priceless.

Thanks to all involved for some great memories.

Denise

xxx

HI BAZ , And all great weekend top crowd, great venue, top top tunes...... thanks to danny pip caira for putting me on ....hope i can do it again next year ?? for all who didn,t go pencil in the date for next year!! :thumbsup:

will post play list later.....heads still like a jigsaw in a washing machine at the mo :thumbsup:

good to chat to you phil s, great to see cristie and big mark back out after along while away

steve T

IT WAS A MAD ONE!!

Sorry i missed your spot Steve, was one of the ones i was really looking forward to hearing, alas lenny lightweight here was too hammered to make it though the night.......Im ashamed of myself! :thumbsup:

JUST SURFACED FROM WHAT WAS A MARATHON WEEKEND (SOME OF US DID FRIDAY TOO :thumbsup: )AMAZING WEEKEND EVERY LITTLE BIT OF IT . BIG THANKS TO DANNY & THE GUYS FOR PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER. BRILLIANT TUNES ALL WEEKEND . THINK I DANCED TO MOST WHEN I WASN'T BEHIND THE DECKS MYSELF..SHOULD HAVE BEEN SPONSORED !! THE CROWD WERE ACE ON THE FRIDAY BUT SATURDAY BLIMEY !!! IT WAS ELECTRIC...ONCE IT FILLED UP IT WAS LIKE A BOILING CAULDRON...THE FLOOR WAS A NON-STOP SEETHING MASS OF FLEET-FOOTED FANATICS HARD TO FIND A SPOT TO THROW MYSELF ABOUT! BRILLANT TO SEE SO MANY FRIENDS IN ONE PLACE AND CRIKEY TALK ABOUT CRANKED UP YOU'D HAVE THOUGHT IT WAS THE LAST PARTY EVER !!! BRAIN STILL RECOVERING NOT TO MENTION ME PLATES ! GOT SOME PICS WHICH WILL APPEAR SOON. WOULDN'T WANT TO SINGLE ANY DJ OUT THEY WERE ALL SPOT ON. EVERYONE THERE WERE STARS AND THEY MADE IT SPECIAL CAN'T WAIT TO DO IT ALL AGAIN!

CPTN M :thumbsup:

Guest kevnewry

Well where do ya start,what a fantastic bloody do. Respect to every single dj i cant remember hearing one bad tune the whole time.

Greetings and love to those crazy people from Rugby top human beings,

Was great to meet my old mates from Telford after so many years God you's really turned out ugly :shades: . Mr Waterman was brilliant to see you again me old mate and Marcelle was a pleasure meeting you, just had a great time with top people cant wait to do it all again soon :thumbsup: .

A wee mention for Phil Jo and Joe the BSC posse ktf :shades:

Guest SteveC

Well where do ya start,what a fantastic bloody do. Respect to every single dj i cant remember hearing one bad tune the whole time.

Was great to meet my old mates from Telford after so many years God you's really turned out ugly :lol: . Mr Waterman was brilliant to see you again me old mate and Marcelle was a pleasure meeting you, just had a great time with top people cant wait to do it all again soon :shades: .

A wee mention for Phil Jo and Joe the BSC posse ktf :shades:

Great to meet you Kev, but I'm sure we've crossed paths b4. BTW watch this man when he lights your woman's ciggie - he seems to need to rest his hand on "something" to keep it steady :thumbsup:

Guest SteveC

JUST SURFACED FROM WHAT WAS A MARATHON WEEKEND (SOME OF US DID FRIDAY TOO :thumbsup: )AMAZING WEEKEND EVERY LITTLE BIT OF IT . BIG THANKS TO DANNY & THE GUYS FOR PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER. BRILLIANT TUNES ALL WEEKEND . THINK I DANCED TO MOST WHEN I WASN'T BEHIND THE DECKS MYSELF..SHOULD HAVE BEEN SPONSORED !! THE CROWD WERE ACE ON THE FRIDAY BUT SATURDAY BLIMEY !!! IT WAS ELECTRIC...ONCE IT FILLED UP IT WAS LIKE A BOILING CAULDRON...THE FLOOR WAS A NON-STOP SEETHING MASS OF FLEET-FOOTED FANATICS HARD TO FIND A SPOT TO THROW MYSELF ABOUT! BRILLANT TO SEE SO MANY FRIENDS IN ONE PLACE AND CRIKEY TALK ABOUT CRANKED UP YOU'D HAVE THOUGHT IT WAS THE LAST PARTY EVER !!! BRAIN STILL RECOVERING NOT TO MENTION ME PLATES ! GOT SOME PICS WHICH WILL APPEAR SOON. WOULDN'T WANT TO SINGLE ANY DJ OUT THEY WERE ALL SPOT ON. EVERYONE THERE WERE STARS AND THEY MADE IT SPECIAL CAN'T WAIT TO DO IT ALL AGAIN!

CPTN M :shades:

Good to catch up with you and Carlos again albeit briefly in the madness that was Saturday- although its just taken me half an hour to suss out who "Bearsy" is via your website :fool:

What a great weekend.

Fantastic atmosphere both nights and incredible music throughout. Well done to Danny and all the djs for serving up a feast of soul.

Hard to single out a dj.........i thought everyone was on the money and I can't wait to see all the playlists

Great to meet so many people from all over Ireland and of course the UK (apologies to those I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to)

Here's most of what I played though not necessarily in the right order........

Natural 4: I Thought You Were Mine (ABC)

Archie Bell: 1000 Wonders (Atlantic)

TJ Williams: Baby I Need You (Josie)

Channel 3: Sweetest Thing (Dakar)

Spiedells: Dream Girl (Providence)

Chantels: Indian Giver (Verve)

Bogis Chimes: I Think You'll Find (Champ)

Little Tommy: Baby Can't You See (Sound Of Soul)

Lonnie Lester: You Can't Go (Nu-tone)

Wade Flemmons: Jeanette (Ramsel)

Ann Sexton: You've Been Gone Too Long (SS7)

Ko Ko Taylor: Fire (Checker)

Ronnie Love: Chills and Fever (Dot)

Cookie Jackson: Do You Still Love Me (Progress)

Jimmy 'Preacher' Ellie: I'm Gonna Do It Myself (Jewel)

Soul Bros Six: I'll Be Loving You (Atlantic)

Supremes: He's All I Got (TMG)

Peggy March: Losing My Touch (RCA)

Here's to year 6. Hope to see you all again soon

Best

John

Guest in town Mikey

Any chance of getting the dates for the next couple.

I'm planning on visiting friends in Cork and Listowel later this year, and would like to include this in my trip.

Thanks

Good to catch up with you and Carlos again albeit briefly in the madness that was Saturday- although its just taken me half an hour to suss out who "Bearsy" is via your website :fool:

never stopped did it crazy all-weekend , great to see you Steve BTW i'm Bearsoul.....'never met 'Bearsy' but enjoy his postings ..obviously equally fanatical about this Ace music which brings us all together :wicked:

Was great to meet my old mates from Telford after so many years God you's really turned out ugly :yes: . Mr Waterman was brilliant to see you again me old mate and Marcelle was a pleasure meeting you, just had a great time with top people cant wait to do it all again soon :lol: .

A wee mention for Phil Jo and Joe the BSC posse ktf :P

BRILLIANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN KEV AND TALK ABOUT OWD TIMES IN TELFORD ETC. BIG HELLO TO ALL BELFAST CREW HOPEFULLY SEE YOU AGAIN SOON !!!!!!!! :wicked:

Yes, a fantastic Weekend. Great to put some faces to the names on here. Steve Cato & Cap'n Chris Morgan could get a party going in a phone booth!!!! Laughed a lot over the weekend.

Two brilliant nights of first class soul. Hopefully all the DJ's will post up their playlists, so here's mine to join John D's .......

Here's what I played double decking with Steve Cato on the Friday night (not in order but did finish with Staple Singers)...

We're Not Happy - Wales Wallace (Bashie)

Don't Forget About Me - TNJ's (Chess)

You Keep Coming Back - 100% Pure Poison (EMI Int'l)

If You Don't Want To Be In My Life - Holland-Dozier (Invictus)

Sauerkraut - Frederick Knight (123)

Love With Hope - James Taylor (Ovide)

You Made Me Over - Melvin Davis (Invictus)

Love Won't Wear Off (As The Years Wear On) - J.R. Bailey (Calla)

My Home - Big Brass Apple (Royal Flush)

Time Will Take Care Of Everything - Lou Rawls (PIR UK)

I Just Can't Get You Out Of My Mind - Four Tops (ABC)

Snowflakes - J.J. Barnes (Volt)

A Woman Can't Do (What A Man Do) - Dino & Doc (Volt)

I'm A Winner - Just Bobby (R/R)

Where Is The Love - Betty Wright (Alston)

Trippin' On Your Love - Staple Singers (Stax)

Saturday evening;

Don't Pretend (Just Be Yourself) - Roscoe Robinson (Fame)

Thanks For Nothing - Na Allen (Atco)

Today I Want To Stay Inside - Act III (Harley)

Never Gonna Leave You - Voice Masters (Bamboo)

Take Me To Paradise - Cheers (Okeh)

Love Control - Greg Perry (Chess)

Did It Ever Cross Your Mind - Jimmy Burns (Minit)

On The Real Side - Larry Saunders (Turbo)

I'm On To You Girl - Skip Jackson (Dot Mar)

Lonely Teardrops - Linda Lane (Cub)

I Feel Like I'm On Top Of The World - Leo McCorkle (Popside)

I'm Losing You - Kenny Ballard (Roulette)

Love Now Pay Later - Lee Shot Williams (Gamma)

Lift This Hurt - Elvin Spencer (Winner)

I Got The Vibes - Joshie Jo Armstead (Gospel Truth)

Happy- Velvet Hammer (Scozi)

I Got What You Need - Oscar Perry (Peri-Tone)

Love Factory - Eloise Laws (Music Merchant)

Big thanks to Danny for asking me to play, and to all and SN etc for making me feel so welcome....

Edited by Soulfreak

Hey Chris glad you got home ok, you looked a little ropey Sunday lunchtime. Great to meet up with some fantastic people again the 2 Steve's and the 2 Lyddia's, Steve C and his better half, Dave Rimmer, The irrepresible Rugby lot, Chris & Marcelle, Karl & Debbie, Phil from Stoke, The Manchester mob, lightweight Baz, Mr & Mrs Lagerlout, Mick C,..probably forgot some soul sourcers who came, really appreciate it and the fun you bring too when added to the irish humour it was bound to be a laff, its you people I look for when I get across the way now I have a few more names to faces added to the list and honoured that we know you and you come over here

to all the soulies who travelled from near and far, the buzz was electric, the craic brill. music superb throughout with a floor full of up for it dancers...dont think heard any record played twice, and so much quality... too many heroes to mention at mo but Wendy n Ciara were stars on the day (the 2 hilda's) and Karl big thanks for producing all the cds at the last mo after my laptop n me went separate ways for a while late fri-sat. heads still on backwards memory slowly getting there, lets get all them playlists up.

Couldnt think of better company to be with for a madcap weekend

Thanks for keeping the faith.

Oh yeah and now i know Fudge too

Guest SteveC

never stopped did it crazy all-weekend , great to see you Steve BTW i'm Bearsoul.....'never met 'Bearsy' but enjoy his postings ..obviously equally fanatical about this Ace music which brings us all together :lol:

My mistake m8. What's more I put that posting up after checking both "the bearmen" out and thought "they've got the same username" :wicked: What do they put in the beer over there :P

BRILLIANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN KEV AND TALK ABOUT OWD TIMES IN TELFORD ETC. BIG HELLO TO ALL BELFAST CREW HOPEFULLY SEE YOU AGAIN SOON !!!!!!!! :lol:

AND A BIG HELLO FROM THE BELFAST CREW!!!

What a fab/fun time,so good to meet up with folk who came together for the Birthday Party..I did'nt get any cake though.. :wicked:

Hope everyone that made the journey ,made it home in one piece...and Dave the hairdryer is in the post.. oh and Jo I fell asleep so :P hope to visit Rugby for your next night xxjo

Guest CaroleC

What an ideal way to spend a Saturday....

Perfect venue, fantastic music, excellent dancefloor and a really friendly crowd! :lol:

Thanks to the guys for organising such a brilliant dayer. I havent danced so much in years :wicked: fab tunes!

Let us know the dates for the next ones ASAP.....

Carole

Guest SteveC

Perfect venue, fantastic music, excellent dancefloor and a really friendly crowd! :lol:

Thanks to the guys for organising such a brilliant dayer. I havent danced so much in years :wicked: fab tunes!

Carole

Wot - posting at work :P:yes:

Guest CaroleC

Wot - posting at work :unsure::(

Unlike some... who leave the house at 10.30am and are home by 3pm....... I am at work, but we are moving offices (thats my excuse). :unsure:

What a great weekend.

Fantastic atmosphere both nights and incredible music throughout. Well done to Danny and all the djs for serving up a feast of soul.

Hard to single out a dj.........i thought everyone was on the money and I can't wait to see all the playlists

Great to meet so many people from all over Ireland and of course the UK (apologies to those I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to)

Here's most of what I played though not necessarily in the right order........

Natural 4: I Thought You Were Mine (ABC)

Archie Bell: 1000 Wonders (Atlantic)

TJ Williams: Baby I Need You (Josie)

Channel 3: Sweetest Thing (Dakar)

Spiedells: Dream Girl (Providence)

Chantels: Indian Giver (Verve)

Bogis Chimes: I Think You'll Find (Champ)

Little Tommy: Baby Can't You See (Sound Of Soul)

Lonnie Lester: You Can't Go (Nu-tone)

Wade Flemmons: Jeanette (Ramsel)

Ann Sexton: You've Been Gone Too Long (SS7)

Ko Ko Taylor: Fire (Checker)

Ronnie Love: Chills and Fever (Dot)

Cookie Jackson: Do You Still Love Me (Progress)

Jimmy 'Preacher' Ellie: I'm Gonna Do It Myself (Jewel)

Soul Bros Six: I'll Be Loving You (Atlantic)

Supremes: He's All I Got (TMG)

Peggy March: Losing My Touch (RCA)

Here's to year 6. Hope to see you all again soon

Best

John

Love the Channel 3 - Sweetest Thing... I was delighted when you played it, John.

Martin.

Edited by Soulfreak

Will stick my playlist up from the friday night later, thought it was a great intro to the weekend as a sort of meet and greet night, sure beat sitting in a pub with loads of cheesy JOHNS STAG DO TOUR 2007 t-shirted blokes :unsure:

Will defo be making it to every anniversery, and hopefully more, loads of great folk to catch up with over there :unsure:

took a day of work today :unsure:

so before things get mixed up in the record room heres what i played sat night...

THE LOST SOUL "A SECRET OF MINE" RAVEN.

MINZI BERRY "DON'T YOU DARE TO CRY" SCORE.

MOUSIE AND THE TRAPS "HOW ABOUT YOU" TODDLIN TOWN.

SOUL JOE CLEMENTS "EVER EVER" PLEXIUM.

THE MARTELLS "WHERE CAN MY BABY BE" A LA CARTE.

RICHARD ANTHONY "KEEP ON LIVIN ON" VIRTUE.

THE CAUTIONS "NO OTHER WAY" SHRINE.

JESSE DAVIS "GONNA HANG ON IN THERE GIRL" ERA.

EPLISONS "MIND IN A BIND" HEM.

THE DURETTES "SWEET, SWEET LOVE" SVR.

MARY WHEELER "I FEEL IN MY HEART" ATOM.

GUITAR RAY "YOU'RE GONNA WRECK MY LIFE" SHAGG.

THE JADES "LUCKY FELLOW" MODE.

KENARD "WHAT DID YOU GAIN BY THAT" DORE.

THE FIESTAS "THINK SMART" OLD TOWN.

JIMMIE & THE ENTERTAINERS "NEW GIRL" TODDLIN TOWN.

THE PENTAGONS "GONNA WAIT FOR YOU" SUTTER.

RON BAXTER "THIS IS IT" OLE-9.

IMAGINATIONS "STRANGE NEIGHBOURHOOD" FRATERNITY.

THE EMBERS "FIRST TIME" JCP.

THE ARABIANS "PLEASE TAKE A CHANCE ON ME" LE MANS.

again a big thanks to Danny for making it all happen....

didn't have jimmie ellis with me michael sorry....

and thanks to Jo, Joe and Kev for travelling down with me...brilliant :unsure:

Guest Budgie

Our third Sleepless Nights Anniversary and perhaps the best yet.

Danny,I think you've found yourself a cracking venue at the Belveder.

Started out Friday evening with a lovely meal in the bar then it was quality music all the way.Did 11.40 spot on Friday night and it was an absolute pleasure,many thanks to those that danced.Playlist was as follows.

Towana & Total Destruction-Help Me Get That Feelin' Back Again.

Grover Mitchell-What Hurts.

The V.I.P's-Strange Little Girl.

The Specials-Everybody Say Yea.

Wayne Anthony-Blow Me A Kiss.

Keni Lewis-What's Her Name.

Daddy Maxfield-I've Always Been In Love With You.

Shirley Alston-Can't Stop Singing.

Kenni Woods-Can't He Take A Hint.

Michael & The Continentals-Little School Girl

Johnson Sisters-I Found My Place.

Joe Valentine-I Lost The Only Love I Had.

Basic Black & Pearl-There'll Come A Time.

Jan Jones-Independent Woman.

Andrea Henry-I Need You Like A Baby.

Jimmy Beaumont-I Never Loved Her Anyway

Terry Callier-Ordinary Joe.

Many thanks to Danny and the rest of the guys for all the hard work you put into what for us has now become a must go event,and also making us feel so welcome.

Looking forward to our first visit to Cork later in the year,once some dates have been sorted.

All the best

Pete & Hilary.

What a Fantastic day in Dublin we had, Great venue, music and atmosphere from start to finish!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Danny for inviting me over to play a few tunes over there at Sleepless nights.

Play list from 11.40 - 12.40pm Sat in no order,

Volumes---Aint gonna give you up---Karen

Lazy---Tommy Turner---Elbam

C.L.Blast---What can I do---United

Frankie & Damons---Man from soul---JCP

El Anthony---Weve been in love to long---La Cindy

Billy Sha-rea---Do it---Spectrum

John Thomas---It sure is groovy---Veep

Bunny Sigler---Sunny Sunday---Parkway

Silky Hargraves---Hurt by love---D-Town

Willie Mason---Why---Kalama

Bobby Smith---Girl---C/U

Caressors---I cant stay away---Ru-Jac

Soulville allstars---Im gonna get to you---Soulville

Marvin Gaye---Bitter pill to swallow---Tamla LP

Billy Butler---I'll bet you---Brunswick

Lonnie Russ---Say Girl---Kerwood

Perfections---I love you my love---SVR

Oscar Perry---Main string---Peri-tone

George Smallwood---Hey Mamma---Smallwood

Eboney Essence---Let me in---Goodie train

Crystal Motion---Youre my main squeeze---Sound gems

Daybreak---I need love---PAP

Bitter and the sweet---I wont have any babies for you---Anything Everything

Pages---Heartaches & pain---Sunstruck

Cliffhangers---Since you've gone away---K-CEA

Jessie James---Are you gonna leave me---Shirley

Thanks again everyone involved and all the soulies for making this such an exiting and fun place to be!!!!!!!!

Regards Karl and Debz

Guest Marcelle

Perfect venue, fantastic music, excellent dancefloor and a really friendly crowd! :thumbup:

Thanks to the guys for organising such a brilliant dayer. I havent danced so much in years :thumbsup: fab tunes!

Carole

Hello sweetie & welcome to SS ...

as always being in your company is just so much fun (oh & mateys too :D )

but just one question how did you get the kettle working ? :lol: you witch !

was good to see you strutting your stuff, girl you can move .... hmmmm now did I get a picture of that tattoo ? :shades:

Well as always I will keep it brief !

Arrived at the Thomas`s, ON TIME ! but of course our journey wouldnt be the same if we didnt get delayed somewhere, so keeping the tradition going Chris in his usual calm way managed to delay the Ferry ! :lol:

My first time on a ferry, so was a little bit worried when I saw Mark counting lifeboats & telling me how many each one could hold (120) :ohmy:

When do men revert back to being boys ?

Just an observation as we all disembarked the bus & all I could hear from the boys, was "where`s me bag / box" anyway bags / boxes retrieved, the chidren gathered up, & off we trecked to the hotels, leading the line Mr T & Mr W who of course decided to take us the scenic way !!!!

So (un)fortuntly by the time we had arrived at our destination it was to late to go shopping ! so after a few hello`s & few drinks, it was time to party & thats what I did .... till Chris dragged me off to the Lap Dancing Club! yes I have wrote that right !!! (im sure someone took a photo)

Sorry I didnt get to hear all DJs .... but those that did played something for everybody so thank you.

Was good to meet up with Kev, who "told me no stories" bah humbug ! though he was shocked that the "wee man" had grown !

The atmosphere was great "music,fun & frolics" all around, so much so that im sure my hair turned white at one point ! :yes: of course my glasses got mislaid ! yes they turned up on the FERRY the next day !

My thanks to all the crew for a great night (my first) I think we are next booked over for Nov ?

SPECIAL THANKS to Wendy who took on the responsibilty of not only finding the Cruise Mans records, but made sure that I put them away safely ! only to be told off by her 10mins later when she saw me giving them back to him ! what a darling :yes:

To Kira thank you for making time to chat, I know it can be a bit hetic.

Well thats my brief lookback .... oh the journey home well it was not a quiet one thats for sure !!!

but was a journey made in great company.

So thanks to you all for making my first Ferry trip & visit to Dublin a memorable one! :thumbsup:

oh & I managed to get a pic of Fudge DANCING not once but a few times!

Friday nights tunes, nearly in that order i think

Danny Cobis - The two of us

Fabulous Four - If i knew - Saintmo

Ebony Jam - Ride on - Amos

Walter & Admirations - Stop - c/up

Soul City - Who do you think you are - Good Time

The Mods - Dry my eyes - Fona

Lee Calvin - You got me - Sansu

Parisians - Twinkle little star - Demon hot

Mello souls - Hey girl - c/up

Freddie Scott - I'll be gone - Shout

Dickie Wonder - Knobody knows - Golden triangle

Tobi Lark - True, true love - Kent

The Monzas - You know you turn me on - Moon

The Citations - Keep the faith - Ballad

Eddie Whitehead - Just your fool - Blackjack

Boss Four - Walkin by - Rim

Soulful Twins - Cant let you go - Sable

Othello Robertson - So in luv - Era

Little Herman - Gonna keep on walkin - Gina

most my plays, not in order

Hesitations - that's what love is - Kapp lp

Otis Leavill - keep on loving - Columbia

Herb Ward - Honest to goodness - RCA

Freeman brothers - My baby - Soul

Vonettes - Touch my heart - Cobblestone

Carol Anderson - it shouldn't happen to a dog - Mid town

Isonics - Sugar - Kammy

Barbara Banks - River of tears - Veep

Ray Pollard - It's a sad thing - UA

Heartbreakers - Ive got to face it - Derby

Masqueraders - That's the same thing - Soultown

Hesitations - Is that the way to treat a girl - GWP

Detroit Emeralds - Holding on - Westbound

Bobby Womack - Home is where the heart is - CBS

Archie Bell - Where will you go when the partys over - PIR

Irma & the Larks - Without you baby - Priority

Tobi Lark - Sweep it out in the shed - Topper

Steve Mancha - Friday Night - Groovesville

George Byrd - Im available - TRC

Four Perfections - Im not strong enough - partytime

Precisions - Such misery - Drew

Dells - make sure - Cadet

Willie tee - first taste of hurt - gatur

Smoke - im so glad - j bridge lp

Eliminators - Loving explosion - Brc lp

big thanks to all

what I played 5:40 - 6:30

Kenny & Yvonne - Come on and be my love - Columbia

Alex Campbell with the FAX - Not too long ago - Trans Action

Johnny Bartel - If this isn't love - Solid State

Brenton Wood - Sweet Molly Malone - Brent

The De Vons - Someone to treat me - King

Cindy Malone - Try to understand - Capitol

Ted Taylor - Somebody's always trying - Okeh

Al Gardner - Sweet baby - Gooda Mooga

Irene Reid - I must be doing something right - Pilgrim

Harvey Averne Dozen - Never learned to dance - Uptite

The Invincibles - Can't no one man - Ciray

Joan Baker - Everybodys talking - Diamond

Victor Knight - Chinatown - Ron Cris

Paul Vann - One track Mind - Chance

The Kittens - Is it over baby - ABC

Roy Roberts - Got to have your love - Ninandy

Margo White - If only your were here - Jin

Tommy Navarro - Whats wrong with you baby - c/u

The Diplomats - Cards on the table - Arock

Little Gigi - I volunteer - Decca

Lorraine Chandler - Mend the torn pieces

George Jackson - I don't have the time to love you - Mercury

Guest JoeMoran

my friday night set

hey little girl - charles mann - lanor

i'll cry alone - gale garnett - rca victor

guilty - gigi and the charmaines - columbia

someone to treat me - the de vons - king

gotta have your love - sapphires - abc paramount

your little sister - marvelows - abc paramount

i'm so glad - e jackie hines - cosmic

here comes baby - bobbie smith - big top

contract on love - little stevie wonder - tamla

sorry aint good enough - joe matthews - thelma

i'll come running - carolyn crawford - motown

guess i'll have to take whats left - little charles - jewel

lover set me free - roosevelt grier - battle

wishing and hoping - billy keene - vault

when love goes wrong - lou rawls - capitol

its all over - charles mann - abc

Guest SteveC

so much so that im sure my hair turned white at one point ! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: wish I,d seen that ! when can we see the photos cos I vaguely remember one involving my knickers! And Carole's and Steve's ..................

ur imagining things Ganche.... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guest lagerlout

well the lager,s have finally arrived back from the emerald isle, what can i say a blinding weekend,great music and great people.

this will not be my last visit to sleepless nights from blighty,thanks to everyone old and new who made this the best weekend for a long time for me and jules..

brilliant :thumbsup:

pete & jules

Guest JoeMoran

Towana & Total Destruction-Help Me Get That Feelin' Back Again.

Grover Mitchell-What Hurts.

The V.I.P's-Strange Little Girl.

The Specials-Everybody Say Yea.

Wayne Anthony-Blow Me A Kiss.

Keni Lewis-What's Her Name.

Daddy Maxfield-I've Always Been In Love With You.

Shirley Alston-Can't Stop Singing.

Kenni Woods-Can't He Take A Hint.

Michael & The Continentals-Little School Girl

Johnson Sisters-I Found My Place.

Joe Valentine-I Lost The Only Love I Had.

Basic Black & Pearl-There'll Come A Time.

Jan Jones-Independent Woman.

Andrea Henry-I Need You Like A Baby.

Jimmy Beaumont-I Never Loved Her Anyway

Terry Callier-Ordinary Joe.

Budgie - meant to say it to you on friday (but i was three sheets to the wind at the end of it all ahem! :thumbsup: ) really enjoyed the set - it was like you picked my brain for tunes i wanted to hear. Ta

Joe

Glad to hear you all had a fantastic weekend over with us.

Had great fun hanging out with Chris and Carlos, Steve C and Lydia and Baz, good to meet u

Marcelle, i think by the time i got talking to you on saturday i was already feeling a bit worse for wear :thumbsup:

But had so much fun all weekend, so thanks to everyone who travelled over from England and Wales and Belfast and Cork.

Had so much fun, and hope to see you all soon,

Ciara

Guest CaroleC

but just one question how did you get the kettle working ? :thumbsup: you witch !

I know, we were sat on the bed and the thing just switched on!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: Did you take any photos of the room?

Guest irishpip

Had a great weekend. Was great to see so many people travelling from all over.

Here's what I played on saturday:

Alexander Patton - A Lil Lovin' Sometimes - UK Capitol

The Caesars - Girl I Miss You - Lanie

Sugar and the Spices - Have Faith In Me - Swan

Curly Moore - You Don't Mean - Sansu

Marjorie Black - One More Hurt - Sue

J J Barnes - Chains Of Love - Groovesville

Viola Wills - I Got Love - Bronco

The Determinations - You Can't Hold On To Love - Important

The Arter Set - Sermon - Musicland USA

The Fabulous Playboys - Honkey Tonk Woman - Apollo

Herbs - Never, Never (Will I Fall In Love) - Smoke