Alfie Davison

Can anyone shed any light on this......

I recently heard this 12" and noticed that the playing time was exactly the same as the 7" - but I'm sure I remember hearing a longer mix of this track many years ago ?

Any ideas fellow soulies ?

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before. From my dreadful memory, i seem to remember it being said that they ARE both the same length of time, on the 7 and 12 inches. An extended track might have been messed about with and stuck on a cd, but all you get for the extra is more instrumental at either the beginning or end.

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before. From my dreadful memory, i seem to remember it being said that they ARE both the same length of time, on the 7 and 12 inches. An extended track might have been messed about with and stuck on a cd, but all you get for the extra is more instrumental at either the beginning or end.

link

The 12" is just over 5 minutes long ( in a typical late 70's extended mix fasion), I'll post it up in the sounds section later

link

Didn't Soul Sam start playing a 12" of this that had a long monotonous instrumental break half way through that totally ruined the record?

Dave G

Didn't Soul Sam start playing a 12" of this that had a long monotonous instrumental break half way through that totally ruined the record?

Dave G

link

I'd be in favour of a shortened version. Shorter the better in fact :D:D:)

I'd be in favour of a shortened version. Shorter the better in fact :no:   :no:   :yes:

link

Long intro on the 12 as I recall. I remember Sam playing me the 12 back in the 80s when I was in Peterborough, and I thought I was dozing off before the vocals started :no:

Long intro on the 12 as I recall. I remember Sam playing me the 12 back in the 80s when I was in Peterborough, and I thought I was dozing off before the vocals started  :yes:

link

I'd have carried on dozing... :no:

Godz

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links