Alfie Davison

Can anyone shed any light on this......

I recently heard this 12" and noticed that the playing time was exactly the same as the 7" - but I'm sure I remember hearing a longer mix of this track many years ago ?

Any ideas fellow soulies ?

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before. From my dreadful memory, i seem to remember it being said that they ARE both the same length of time, on the 7 and 12 inches. An extended track might have been messed about with and stuck on a cd, but all you get for the extra is more instrumental at either the beginning or end.

Social source share

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before. From my dreadful memory, i seem to remember it being said that they ARE both the same length of time, on the 7 and 12 inches. An extended track might have been messed about with and stuck on a cd, but all you get for the extra is more instrumental at either the beginning or end.

link

The 12" is just over 5 minutes long ( in a typical late 70's extended mix fasion), I'll post it up in the sounds section later

Social source share

link

Didn't Soul Sam start playing a 12" of this that had a long monotonous instrumental break half way through that totally ruined the record?

Dave G

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!