70's Soul Jam Uk Tour

Just seen advertised the following "Stylistics,Delfonics,Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes,Eddie Holman, Carl Carlton & Major Harris" on tour on

15th April at the Alexandra Theatre-Birmingham, 25th April Southport Theatre-Merseyside, 1st May Brighton Centre, 2nd May New Theatre-Oxford.............got my tickets :D

• Replies 30
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just seen advertised the following "Stylistics,Delfonics,Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes,Eddie Holman, Carl Carlton & Major Harris" on tour on

15th April at the Alexandra Theatre-Birmingham, 25th April Southport Theatre-Merseyside, 1st May Brighton Centre, 2nd May New Theatre-Oxford.............got my tickets :D

link

[/quote

Do you have any more info on the tour dates?, would love to know if they have dates planned for London.

Cheers Garv :D

I got the information from www.ticketmaster.co.uk if you put 70's Soul Jam in the search area it will bring up the venues & dates, looks like they are only doing the 4 shows :D

I got the information from www.ticketmaster.co.uk if you put 70's Soul Jam in the search area it will bring up the venues & dates, looks like they are only doing the 4 shows :D

link

===========

harold melvin is dead aint he??

1st anniversary at stafford - what a nite

also the first niter i took illegal drugs!!!

just thought id share that with you

Guest Leigh J

===========

harold melvin is dead aint he??

1st anniversary at stafford - what a nite

also the first niter i took illegal drugs!!!

just thought id share  that with you

link

Was It The Pink Stuff Off Dave From Leicester ? If So That Doesnt Count ,Pro Plus & Baking Powder :D

I got the information from www.ticketmaster.co.uk if you put 70's Soul Jam in the search area it will bring up the venues & dates, looks like they are only doing the 4 shows :)

link

link

I can confirm that they are on at Blackpool Opera House Sat 23rd April, all tickets £25 tel 01253 292029.

Good night as this is also the local 'neighborhood' soul night at the Winter Gardens until 2am, 4 rooms of classic soul so go have a soulfull weekend at the seaside.

Guest in town Mikey

Am I the only one who keeps spotting this title, and think the Jam are going to do another tour? A la Wonderstuff, Scorpio Rising, and, God Love 'em, P.W.E.I.

I can confirm that they are on at Blackpool Opera House Sat 23rd April, all tickets £25 tel 01253 292029.

Good night as this is also the local 'neighborhood' soul night at the Winter Gardens until 2am, 4 rooms of classic soul so go have a soulfull weekend at the seaside.

link

Didnt Realsie this was happening again(Winter gardens)- Whose running it? :)

I really hope that the soul fraternity give these guys their support and go to see them in concert, I don't think it is being advertised very well as regards to who is in the actual lineup, I managed to get front seats at my local venue so I guess there are plenty of seats still available at Southport,Birmingham,Oxford, Brighton & Blackpool :)

Guest sharynm

I really hope that the soul fraternity give these guys their support and go  to see them in concert, I don't think it is being advertised very well as regards to who is in the actual lineup, I managed to get front seats at my local venue so I guess there are plenty of seats still available at Southport,Birmingham,Oxford,  Brighton & Blackpool :thumbsup:

link

Just got our front row seats for the Blackpook concert - can't wait! whistling.gif

Guest sharynm

Just got our front row seats for the Blackpook concert - can't wait!  whistling.gif

link

sorry, meant Blackpool :thumbsup:

I have a friend who would like to go but lives down South, anybody know if they are planning any concerts in the London area?

Didnt Realsie this was happening again(Winter gardens)- Whose running it? :lol:

link

The Blackpool 'Neighborhood' soul nights are usually every two months at the Winter Gardens, one in Feb and this one April 23rd, organised by Roly Ferguson with help from others.Incidentally on the same night the northern soul play, 'Once upon a night in Wigan', is also on, presumably at the Grand Theatre. As I have already seen this last year (and very good it was too), I will be giving the Opera house soul jam my support, I have also got my front row ticket.

Stop press!! In the middle of this post just spoken to Roly and the neighborhood night is not in fact on the 23rd, however there will be another event to tie in with the Wigan play, possibly still in the Winter Gardens.

• 2 weeks later...

15th April at the Alexandra Theatre-Birmingham, 25th April Southport Theatre-Merseyside, 1st May Brighton Centre, 2nd May New Theatre-Oxford.............got my tickets :thumbsup:

link

Here's a link to the tour dates....

https://www.ents24.com/web/artist/19941/The_Stylistics.html

Looking forward to this event, mind dont know what to expect from The Bluenotes.... without Harold Melvin or Teddy Pendergrass wink.gif

And not really expecting to hear Eddie doin "Where I'm Not Wanted" or Carl Carlton's "Competition" nor Major's "Call Me Tomorrow"!! but ya never know!! :thumbsup:

be a lot of "nut grabbing" vocals from William Hart in Delfonics Russel wotz his name in Stylistics, and Eddie Holman! :wicked:

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to this event, mind dont know what to expect from The Bluenotes.... without Harold Melvin or Teddy Pendergrass  :)

And not really expecting to hear Eddie doin "Where I'm Not Wanted" or Carl Carlton's "Competition" nor Major's "Call Me Tomorrow"!! but ya never know!!  :shades:

be a lot of "nut grabbing" vocals from William Hart in Delfonics Russel wotz his name in Stylistics, and Eddie Holman!  :shades:

Steve

link

Looking forward to this event, mind dont know what to expect from The Bluenotes.... without Harold Melvin or Teddy Pendergrass  :)

And not really expecting to hear Eddie doin "Where I'm Not Wanted" or Carl Carlton's "Competition" nor Major's "Call Me Tomorrow"!! but ya never know!!  :lol:

be a lot of "nut grabbing" vocals from William Hart in Delfonics Russel wotz his name in Stylistics, and Eddie Holman!  :lol:

Steve

link

Thankyou for the info, very informative website, with regards to Harold Melvin it's actually advertised as Harold Melvin's Bluenotes, I think that this might just be one of the best tours of the year :shades::shades::lol:

And not really expecting to hear Eddie doin "Where I'm Not Wanted" or Carl Carlton's "Competition" nor Major's "Call Me Tomorrow"!! but ya never know!!  :shades:

be a lot of "nut grabbing" vocals from William Hart in Delfonics Russel wotz his name in Stylistics, and Eddie Holman!  :shades:

Steve

link

The show will be absolute dynamite. I interviewed all of them on Tuesday.

Any chance of getting Carl Carlton performing at a Northern gig in the UK doing all his Northern faves ? To hear him doing Competition would be amazing !

link

I'm on the case

When & where can we hear your interviews blush.gif

link

The show airs on 4 different stations a week. If you go to my site www.kevroberts.com you can see theair times and download the weeks interview.

The Philly lot I just did will be added one per week.

The show airs on 4 different stations a week. If you go to my site www.kevroberts.com  you can see theair times and download the weeks interview.

The Philly lot I just did will be added one per week.

link

Did the interview cover their 'sweet stuff' or was it "northern soul" based please?

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a list of venues/dates for this tour:

15th April - Alexandra Theatre, Birmingham (No Bluenotes on this date)

16th " - Athena Club, Leicester ( " " " " " )

17th " - Pavilion Theatre, Bournemouth ( " " " " " )

18th " - Victoria Theatre, Hanley

19th " - Colston Hall, Bristol

21st " - Civic Hall, Wolverhampton

22nd " - Sands Centre, Carlisle

23rd " - Opera House, Blackpool

25th " - Southport Theatre, Southport

26th " -North Wales Theatre, Llandudno

28th " - City Hall, Hull

29th " - Royal Centre, Nottingham

30th " - Guild Hall, Portsmouth

1st May -Brighton Centre, Brighton

2nd May - New Theatre, Oxford

3rd May - Fairfield Hall, Croydon

:thumbsup:

Did the interview cover their 'sweet stuff' or was it "northern soul" based please?

link

The interviews were Northern based due to the nature of the weekly programme. And not forgetting I only have around 10 minutes of interview time available .

Major Harris is the best talker!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sharynm

The Blackpool 'Neighborhood' soul nights are usually every two months at the Winter Gardens, one in Feb and this one April 23rd, organised by Roly Ferguson with help from others.Incidentally on the same night the northern soul play, 'Once upon a night in Wigan', is also on, presumably at the Grand Theatre. As I have already seen this last year (and very good it was too), I will be giving the Opera house soul jam my support, I have also got my front row ticket.

Stop press!!  In the middle of this post just spoken to Roly and the neighborhood night is not in fact on the 23rd, however there will be another event to tie in with the Wigan play, possibly still in the Winter Gardens.

link

can anybody confirm that there is a northern night on at the Winter Gardens after the Soul Jam show and the Wigan play?

thanks