Offensive Language/images On Site

Mike

Try and avoid over moderation and majority of times all seems to work well, but does seem that there is a need to clear up a few things , one being the below

offensive language/images

One major difference between this site and other soul related sites is that this site is public This forum is public ie it is open for all to read and all are welcome

To keep it this way offensive language/images are discouraged

Mainly for the two reasons below

1. The use of offensive language/images is not always welcome by all members

2. The use of offensive language/images can result in the site getting banned by workplace filters, the site being classified as "adult" along with other negative effects. If this happens it does means that some members will not be able to access site to read forum posts and other site content

As said the site is public, to keep it that way and out of respect for other members who may prefer not to view/read such .....

we ask all members not to post offensive language/images.

Most users do appear to understand this, and so it should cause no major problems or changes to the way members use site

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Try and avoid over moderation and majority of times all seems to work well, but does seem that there is a need to clear up a few things , one being the below

offensive language/images

One major difference between this site and other soul related sites is that this site is public This forum is public ie  it is open for all to read and all are welcome

To keep it this way offensive language/images are discouraged

Mainly for the two reasons below

1. The use of offensive language/images is not always welcome by all members

2. The use of offensive language/images  can result in the site getting banned by workplace filters,  the site being classified as "adult" along with other negative effects. If this happens it does means that some members will not be able to access site to read forum posts and other site content

As said the site is public, to keep it that way and out of respect for other members who may prefer not to view/read such .....

we ask all members not to post offensive language/images.

Most users do appear to understand this, and so it should cause no major problems or changes to the way members use site

link

Nice on Mike, where I work, there is a very strict filter on the web. I have noticed recently that sometimes at work I cannot access certain topics, because expletives have been left by a poster, this can be very frustrating........

There is alot of passion on this site due to our common love of the music, I doesn't have to spill over into bad language....

Social source share

Guest lagerlout

Nice on Mike, where I work,  there is a very strict filter on the web.  I have noticed recently that sometimes at work I cannot access certain topics, because expletives have been left by a poster, this can be very frustrating........

There is alot of passion on this site due to our common love of the music, I doesn't have to spill over into bad language....

link

john ,i know whats happeninig here.

your trying to get your b*ll*cks

rating up

by condeming b*l*ck talk

Social source share

just in case any confusion

As said don't want to go down road of heavy moderation, common sense and so on should come into play with this

Apart from a few isolated posts this hasnt been much of a problem on here, so shouldnt mean much if anything, its been mentioned just so all are aware and to avoid any misunderstandings and tiresome moderation

If still not sure just what is acceptable

normal uk daily papers may be a good example

As with all moderation and guidelines on here, there are reasons for this, and in this case were explained in the first post

If still have queries or not sure on this matter either post here, or pm the moderators.

Social source share

Guess i have been gulity in using "Expletives" in some of my posts (usually just to emphasize something like i would on a night out) but i see the reasons in your request Mike and will take them onboard.

Brett

Social source share

Guest lagerlout

Guess i have been gulity in using "Expletives" in some of my posts (usually just to emphasize something like i would on a night out) but i see the reasons in your request Mike and will take them onboard.

Brett

link

i never swear much and like brett only use

as if i was out with the ss lot but will try and kerb

my foul abusive language in the future. :D

Social source share

Yes I agree we should cut out the swearing.

Its rude, its crude and it fu****g offends people.

On a seroius note we have to follow Mike's guidelines. He is the main man and puts a lot of effort into this site.

Afterall its not an adult site its open to anyone.

Shane

Social source share

Naughty people at work shouldnt be on here anyway, they should be doing their job.............. teeheeeeeee

Promise not to use naughty words again in their full whistling.gif:wicked:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Naughty people at work shouldnt be on here anyway, they should be doing their job..............  teeheeeeeee

Promise not to use naughty words again in their full  whistling.gif   :wicked:

link

As you've never had a job you wouldn't be aware that we get tea breaks/lunch breaks/the boss on the 'phone, which are all times when we can stop working and type naughty words into the internet search thing.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Once saw a brilliantly dubbed movie on the TV, where an expression used in a not too friendly way, asked the other person to go away in short jerky movements was changed to

Floor Cloth.

whistling.gif

And did anyone see the Harry Enfield sketch with Paul Whitehouse?

You fun my wife?? You fun my wife? I'll fun you you mother funner.

Suck my duck.

:wicked::D

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

just in case any confusion

If still not sure just what is acceptable

normal uk daily papers may be a good example

link

well my daily paper is the Guardian and they'll print ANYTHING!

It must have been like getting it on a plate when the song "Britain is Sh*t" by the splendidly named "Selfish C*nt' came out :D

My answer to the filter problem would be to adopt the old secret gay language, Polari.

Imagine seeing the old crowds at Wigan described as:

Chickens and Palonis in their Hoofing Batts and Quarter Dacha inch Kaffies with their Shush Bags on their Pallias, off their eeks on Doob whistling.gif

Translation: Young boys and girls in their dancing shoes and 40 inch trousers with their holdalls on their backs, off their faces on amphetamine pills.

Do you think it could catch on? :wicked:

Godz

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

My answer to the filter problem would be to adopt the old secret gay language, Polari.

Do you think it could catch on? thumbsup.gif

Godz

link

I think it would be absolutely bona!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!