The Dome

Our first night at The Dome on 28th January is getting close, so i thought i'd better bring you up to speed on whats occurring.

Firstly regarding d.j. line up. Sadly Nige Brown can't make it, so i'm going to take his place, also Tommy will be over from L.A & he said he'd do a spot for us. I was hoping we would have another female d.j. put there name forward, but unfortunately this hasn't happened, so hence Tommy's stepping in.

So the d.j. line up is:

Alex Jones

Jodie

Rob Messer

Tony Parker

Graham & Andy (Hitchin Soul Club)

Ady & Tommy Potts.

Secondly regarding the sound system.

A number of people (including my self) have commented on how the sound quality has deteriorated. So i've taken this point up with the venue owner & he's put me in touch with the 'sound guy'. The result of that is, he's spending all this week revamping the full sound system in the entire premises. So it should sound good on the night!

Thirdly, the toilets.

After hearing, on Soul Source, that the toilets were in a bad state, i've taken this up with the management. They have informed me that this is going to be looked into, & rectified.

Also, are you Ladies aware there are toilets at the top of the stairs as well.

So there you have it.

We look forward to seeing you on the night.

Regards,

Ady.

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is what it's all about!!!

Organisers shouldn't take it personally if people criticise events... they should take action to rectify the points raised (if possible) .... it's in their best interests after all.

Sound systems are all important. And IMHO a lot of clubs don't seem to address this problem. Plinston last night is a prime example. This is the third occasion where their sound was out of whack.

Well done. Hope it goes well. Hope to be there. :D

This is what it's all about!!!

Organisers shouldn't take it personally if people criticise events... they should take action to rectify the points raised (if possible) .... it's in their best interests after all.

Sound systems are all important.  And IMHO a lot of clubs don't seem to address this problem.  Plinston last night is a prime example.  This is the third occasion where their sound was out of whack.

Well done. Hope it goes well. Hope to be there.  :D

link

Thank's Trifle,

look forward to seeing you there.

Ady.

Our first night at The Dome on 28th January is getting close, so i thought i'd better bring you up to speed on whats occurring.

Firstly regarding d.j. line up. Sadly Nige Brown can't make it, so i'm going to take his place, also Tommy will be over from L.A & he said he'd do a spot for us. I was hoping we would have another female d.j. put there name forward, but unfortunately this hasn't happened, so hence Tommy's stepping in.

So the d.j. line up is:

Alex Jones

Jodie

Rob Messer

Tony Parker

Graham & Andy (Hitchin Soul Club)

Ady & Tommy Potts.

Secondly regarding the sound system.

A number of people (including my self) have commented on how the sound quality has deteriorated. So i've taken this point up with the venue owner & he's put me in touch with the 'sound guy'. The result of that is, he's spending all this week revamping the full sound system in the entire premises. So it should sound good on the night!

Thirdly, the toilets.

After hearing, on Soul Source, that the toilets were in a bad state, i've taken this up with the management. They have informed me that this is going to be looked into, & rectified.

Also, are you Ladies aware there are toilets at the top of the stairs as well.

So there you have it.

We look forward to seeing you on the night.

Regards,

Ady.

link

Forgot to say, any record / merchandise dealers are welcome. You don't have to book space but please get there early, so i know how many tables to put out.

Thanks,

Ady.

Sound systems are all important. And IMHO a lot of clubs don't seem to address this problem. Plinston last night is a prime example. This is the third occasion where their sound was out of whack.

Hi

Sorry to read your comments about the sound at the Plinston it is something we take seriously (hence the sound guy is always ready to be called in) however if you don't tell us on the night, and no-one else has noticed it, how can we rectify it? That said we have had a couple of problems in the past but we have sorted them out at least, upgrading the equipment and so on.

If you think there is a problem on the night please have a word with either the girls or myself at the front of house as we don't get a chance to get in the main hall for any length of time.

As for last night I had to go home early as I was sick so can't comment on that one I'm afraid

Cheers :D

Sound systems are all important.  And IMHO a lot of clubs don't seem to address this problem.  Plinston last night is a prime example.  This is the third occasion where their sound was out of whack.

Hi

Sorry to read your comments about the sound at the Plinston it is something we take seriously (hence the sound guy is always ready to be called in) however if you don't tell us on the night, and no-one else has noticed it, how can we rectify it? That said we have had a couple of problems in the past but we have sorted them out at least, upgrading the equipment and so on.

If you think there is a problem on the night please have a word with either the girls or myself at the front of house as we don't get a chance to get in the main hall for any length of time.

As for last night I had to go home early as I was sick so can't comment on that one I'm afraid

Cheers :D

link

============

Neil, one of the speakers was louder than the other......probably should have said something, but just chose to dance in between them :-)

Winnie;-)

============

Neil, one of the speakers was louder than the other......probably should have said something, but just chose to dance in between them :-)

Winnie;-)

link

Take it it was in the Main hall Winnie. Sadly I wasn't there to tweak as normal but assure all Plinstonites (ooooh!) that we will address the problem. I know that we had a wire short upstairs in the main amp and that has been replaced already.

Neil

I for one am not backward in coming forward to complain about such things :D and on each occasion I have had a word with the DJs. I know that others have commented too.

The problem is the very loud buzzing from the speakers. Spoke to one of the DJs on Friday who said that the sound guy had not turned up.

It's a shame, cos Plinston is an excellent venue otherwise.

Altho, whilst I'm here.... can I also moan about the lighting from the bar flooding on to the dance floor..... haha sorry. :sweatingbullets

Next time, I will head in your direction and leave the poor DJs be for a change. :D :

Neil

I for one am not backward in coming forward to complain about such things  :D   and on each occasion I have had a word with the DJs.  I know that others have commented too.

The problem is the very loud buzzing from the speakers.  Spoke to one of the DJs on Friday who said that the sound guy had not turned up.

Altho, whilst I'm here.... can I also moan about the lighting from the bar flooding on to the dance floor..... haha sorry. :sweatingbullets

Next time, I will head in your direction and leave the poor DJs be for a change.  :D   :

link

Have an idea what caused the buzzing and will fix for the next night. Our sound guy had gone home early as everything was OK earlier, think the problem arose later and as I said have an idea what may have caused it.

As for the lighting from the bar I could of course close the door but that means a long walk around to get to the floor. But, may give it a try...

Do me a favour and PM me with a few more details (when you noticed the buzzing, who was DJing etc etc) as this would help me pin point the problem...otherwise see ya next one :D

Neil

I for one am not backward in coming forward to complain about such things  :D   and on each occasion I have had a word with the DJs.  I know that others have commented too.

The problem is the very loud buzzing from the speakers.  Spoke to one of the DJs on Friday who said that the sound guy had not turned up.

Next time, I will head in your direction and leave the poor DJs be for a change.  :D   :

link

hi sherry

sorry to hear about the problems you thought were with the sound system,in neils absence its me (kay) or neils wife jane you need to contact and we will go and beat someone soundly,as the djs are hearing something totally diferent being behind the deck, the sound guy was there alnite only he is hiding in his sound booth so if you feel this prob arrises again giv me a shout :D

kay