Ebay Paypal Chargeback; Watch Out For This Bidder

Check this out, fellow soulies..

His package was sent immedietely after he paid, and barely 3 weeks later he filed a claim of item not received with Paypal. He made no effort to contact me first.

He never checked with his local post or customs despite me begging him to, and now paypal has given him back his money ($53 for a Winstons 45...maybe he overpaid knowing he could win it, then do this chargeback?).

Paypal claims according to your user agreement, unless you have a tracking number or delivery confirmation, the buyer can do this all they want. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a nice letter that was just sent to him...

You are out of line for your chargeback... stealing is unethical.

You will be made an example of in the Funk and Soul scene for your actions for a

long time.

I will make sure you are well known for this, Jonathan.

Taking advantage of a system to benefit you and knowingly steal from others is

VERY bad karma.

Your package was sent and you know it...

You probably even have it...

NEVER show your name in the 45 collectors world again, people will know what you

have done. You messed with the wrong dealer.

Remember.

Mike

Ps You have been blocked on Ebay from doing any more business with us, so dont

even think of ever bidding on my auctions again.

Sorry that I sound like a whining bitch, but everyone reading this sould take note of this person and what they may do in the future to them as well.

Thanks for listening.... :angry:

Someone please send a link (John Manship, old pal!) to get info on alternatives to Paypal!

Edited by MikeVague
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I do sympathise that you have lost money and you obviously feel aggrieved because the buyer hasn't responded to your emails but before I join in any condemnation I would be interested to know the buyers ebayID and see their feedback.

Having been on the receiving end of bad sellers ( of couse I'm not suggesting you are ) who have cost me money and even refused refunds when I have returned the goods then I'm more inclined to resort to the paypal fallback sooner rather than later. I once went along with endless excuses from a seller called oldgrandparocks - check his feedback :sleep3: - and got to the stage where it had been left so late I had no recourse.

As I said I do sympathise but not sure whether this forum is the place to vent your frustration in this instance unless the buyer in question has feedback to suggest he's trying it on????

Cheers

Mike

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(Mike B @ Apr 25 2007, 10:44 AM) link
I do sympathise that you have lost money and you obviously feel aggrieved because the buyer hasn't responded to your emails but before I join in any condemnation I would be interested to know the buyers ebayID and see their feedback.

Having been on the receiving end of bad sellers ( of couse I'm not suggesting you are ) who have cost me money and even refused refunds when I have returned the goods then I'm more inclined to resort to the paypal fallback sooner rather than later. I once went along with endless excuses from a seller called oldgrandparocks - check his feedback :lol: - and got to the stage where it had been left so late I had no recourse.

As I said I do sympathise but not sure whether this forum is the place to vent your frustration in this instance unless the buyer in question has feedback to suggest he's trying it on????

Cheers

Mike

His user name is in my heading;

The implication is he didnt come directly to me, but straight to paypal first which leaves a poor taste in any sellers mouth...

He has a pretty low level of transactions maybe 50 or so at least under that name..

I have had packages go missing before, and simply sent another copy of the record WITHOUT being asked to..No one has questioned my integrity (I DID send his M-, well packed record), the way this is set up leaves too many legit situations open for fraud!

You'll be seeing more of these situations in the future...

Social source share

QUOTE(Mike B @ Apr 25 2007, 10:44 AM) link I do sympathise that you have lost money and you obviously feel aggrieved because the buyer hasn't responded to your emails but before I join in any condemnation I would be interested to know the buyers ebayID and see their feedback.

Having been on the receiving end of bad sellers ( of couse I'm not suggesting you are ) who have cost me money and even refused refunds when I have returned the goods then I'm more inclined to resort to the paypal fallback sooner rather than later. I once went along with endless excuses from a seller called oldgrandparocks - check his feedback :lol: - and got to the stage where it had been left so late I had no recourse.

Cheers

Mike

His user name is in my heading;

The implication is he didnt come directly to me, but straight to paypal first which leaves a poor taste in any sellers mouth...

He has a pretty low level of transactions maybe 50 or so at least under that name..

I have had packages go missing before, and simply sent another copy of the record WITHOUT being asked to..No one has questioned my integrity (I DID send his M-, well packed record), the way this is set up leaves too many legit situations open for fraud!

You'll be seeing more of these situations in the future...

You have my complete sympathy Mike, as you might remember, I got done for 3 records - $100, claimed via paypal, guy had been kicked off, paypal didn't evend eal with my claim or my complaint against them. They are f*cking useless and the sooner we get a new system for this sort of thing the better. Previously I'd been robbed of over £200 by bastards using the same tactic as the guy did against you.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert