Cd Of Lp Tracks November Swap

Well, I`ve just about managed to play the last batch of CDs to death so i guess its time to do it all over again...Lets keep it to the same 25 guys as so many of you have requested. I`m sure you will agree that the quality of the last batch of CDs was amazing....

So, we need a theme, already had a few suggestions....so whats it gonna be???

Suggestions so far are.....LP tracks again, under £50 45s, stuff that hasn`t been on CD before, forgotten 70s oldies...

To all the guys who participated last time.....Please confirm your participation and if we have some spare places we will open it up to other people....dont wish to be elitest but this was requested by many of the first swapees!

Chris

Social source share

• Replies 240
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well, I`ve just about managed to play the last batch of CDs to death so i guess its time to do it all over again...Lets keep it to the same 25 guys as so many of you have requested. I`m sure you will agree that the quality of the last batch of CDs was amazing....

Suggestions so far are.....LP tracks again, under £50 45s, stuff that hasn`t been on CD before, forgotten 70s oldies...

To all the guys who participated last time.....Please confirm your participation and if we have some spare places we will open it up to other people....dont wish to be elitest but this was requested by many of the first swapees!

Chris

I'm In Chris!

How about a Gloves Off / No Holds Barred.......... '20 Incredible Soul Records That You've All Just Got To Hear' CD.

Or '20 Deep Soul Killers'................?

But I'd go for any of the above!

:lol:

Sean

Social source share

Guest Darks

I'm In Chris!

How about a Gloves Off / No Holds Barred.......... '20 Incredible Soul Records That You've All Just Got To Hear' CD.

Or '20 Deep Soul Killers'................?

But I'd go for any of the above!

Sean

Fine with any of the above and Chris's suggestions. I spend all day making decisions so happy to abide by the concensus.

Regards Alan

Social source share

I`m up for suggestions although i must admit "'20 Incredible Soul Records That You've All Just Got To Hear' sounds good...although it does rather take away the "Theme" element of the swap!

Lets say a closing date of next Wednesday 2nd May for all the people involved last time to PM me to confirm their involvement in this swap...after that we will open it up to others and put a strict 25 limit on it.

Meanwhile lets hear some more suggestions on themes.....

Chris

Social source share

...Lets keep it to the same 25 guys as so many of you have requested.

I thought that the point of these swaps was to give exposures to tunes people may not know. Surely this is an open forum for all to contribute. Keeping the CD swapping to the same 25 people is creating a "clicky" club and putting up barriers to other people. Suely it should be first come first served?

If you're allowing new people, i'd like to be included.

John

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Why don't we have 4 themes, lp tracks, under £50 45's, deep and ballards and a free style cd, then up to the to the individual to decide and then you get a right mixture of stuff ? just an idea see what people think.

Can i add also that in the current climate should we when making our cd's have to put a disclaimer on all the cd's just in case certain djs have the rights to the records :D and also pictures of the records and proof that they are in fact the origninal item and not pressings or boots or dubs etc :thumbsup:

Sorry about that just been looking and at another thread and shaking my head

Anyway count me in,

Andy Mann thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Why don't we have 4 themes, lp tracks, under £50 45's, deep and ballards and a free style cd, then up to the to the individual to decide and then you get a right mixture of stuff ? just an idea see what people think.

Can i add also that in the current climate should we when making our cd's have to put a disclaimer on all the cd's just in case certain djs have the rights to the records :D and also pictures of the records and proof that they are in fact the origninal item and not pressings or boots or dubs etc :thumbsup:

Sorry about that just been looking and at another thread and shaking my head

Anyway count me in,

Andy Mann :thumbsup:

Count me in although may need some help in here to get my USB turntable recording again f*****g thing is just recording white noise( I have already heard the comments thats better than my normal choices :lol: )

Happy with Andy's themes, might even do all 4 for myself and then send out different ones to different people, or is that just a little too confusing!!

Social source share

Andy Mann :thumbsup:

Classic!

Social source share

Guest Adrian

Yep count me in again, still playing the last ones, brillant stuff allround.

I would go with lp tracks again, or how about we just chose our own 'themes'?

Can't really do deep or female as i don't collect them!

Social source share

Count me in again - I'm up for anything. Under £40, downbeat or whatever. Just let me know when you want us to start............

Social source share

Guest stromberg

Chris

if "new" people can join, I'd like to be in as well, no matter what theme.

I might would have a problem with compiling a CD full of unknown early R'n'B stormers due to lack of records :thumbsup: but apart from that, I'd go with the flow..

best,

Stefan

Social source share

OK. ok, ok...... This is it.....................

The first 30 people to PM me with their postal address and email address will be included......then its 30 Cds each to do..... (its no good just replying to this thread saying "I`m in" you must PM me!!)

I`ll close the thread when all 30 people have PM`d me....

After the first 30 there will be no more exceptions or favours.....thats it!

I`m the good guy here, just trying to do right by everyone.....I dont mean to get anal (chance would be a fine thing!) but of the guys who participated last time many asked that it was the same people who are included next time...i think this gives everyone an equal chance....

If you miss out then I`m sorry...start another swap or something!

Still open to suggestions on a theme.

OK, PM me...starting now...........

in so far;

Sean H

Alan Darker

Adrian

Tony Turner

Plumby

TSU

Adrian

Drew

Rich Scott

JW

But i still need your postal and email addresses....

Chris

Social source share

pm'd you Chris, including address & email.

OK guys, lets get with the programme!

Increased to 30... but that's the limit!

Any other suggestions on themes?

How about........

Half the tracks Male.... Half Female?

Groups Only?

Detroit or Chicago?

Southern Soul?

Proper Soul?

Records that have not reached their potential... yet!

'Slipping Around' tunes?

Great Love Songs?

Songs about anything but love?

Major Label Rarities?

Minor Label Rarities?

One Hit Wonders?

Great A & B side 45's?

Obscure Records by Major Artists?

Major Records by Obscure Artists?

Records with the word 'Baby' in the title?

Records without the word 'Baby' in the title?

Records that sound better speeded up?

Records that sound better when you're speeded up?

Records you stole from the Youth Club?

C'mon... Help me out here :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

pm'd you Chris, including address & email.

OK guys, lets get with the programme!

Increased to 30... but that's the limit!

Any other suggestions on themes?

How about........

Half the tracks Male.... Half Female?

Groups Only?

Detroit or Chicago?

Southern Soul?

Proper Soul?

Records that have not reached their potential... yet!

'Slipping Around' tunes?

Great Love Songs?

Songs about anything but love?

Major Label Rarities?

Minor Label Rarities?

One Hit Wonders?

Great A & B side 45's?

Obscure Records by Major Artists?

Major Records by Obscure Artists?

Records with the word 'Baby' in the title?

Records without the word 'Baby' in the title?

Records that sound better speeded up?

Records that sound better when you're speeded up?

Records you stole from the Youth Club?

C'mon... Help me out here :thumbsup:

Sean

Quality Sean, just quality :thumbsup:

Steve

Social source share

OK Updated list below, if you are not on this list you aint in...you need to PM me your postal and email address, I make that 22..plus me...so another 8 places to go...and thats it...no exceptions!

Theme wise, some good suggestions...keep em coming!

Sean H

Alan Darker

Adrian

Tony Turner

Plumby

TSU

Adrian

Drew

Rich Scott

Jerry Welsh

John Lloyd

Mo Chapman

Bully

Val Challoner

Ockers

Roger Williams

Jock

Girth

Graham Dexter

Graham Smith

John reed

Fraser

Cheers, Chris

Social source share

Sean H

Alan Darker

Adrian

Tony Turner

Plumby

TSU

Adrian

Drew

Rich Scott

Jerry Welsh

John Lloyd

Mo Chapman

Bully

Val Challoner

Ockers

Roger Williams

Jock

Girth

Graham Dexter

Graham Smith

John reed

Fraser

Colin

Stefan

List in now as above...I make it 6 places left if there are any takers??

Chris

Social source share

Itching to start on the CD Chris.

Any thoughts on the theme?

How about the last few participants? Are all the previous crowd on board?

Think we'll all miss Eddie Hubbard's involvement if he's not included. Can I nominate him by proxy?

Thanks again for kicking this off again. Last one was a cracker!

Sean

Social source share

I've sent my PM, so hopefully got on the list again.

Been thinking about a theme, I like the under £50 theme, however how about the tunes that define a collection, not the big tunes that everyone knows but odd items that show everyone what your collection is all about?

I've got 100's of in expensive sounds that i think are great.

But it's probably too long a description to put on a CD :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Darks

Well I did say the other day that I'd abide by the majority, but I did have the ump at the time.

Given that one of us has no albums :thumbsup: I am liking the idea of cheap 45s that sound a million dollars. My view is that £20.00 should be the value or even a tenner. That would then encompass my collection LOL.

£50.00 seems a bit wide and is imho still a lot of money for a 45 especially if you don't earn that much or have other commitments.

Ballistic soul on a budget!

Regards Alan

Social source share

This is the list as it stands now.....

If your name is`nt included then you aint in yet.

Sean H

Alan Darker

Adrian

Tony Turner

Plumby

TSU

Adrian

Drew

Rich Scott

Jerry Welsh

John Lloyd

Mo Chapman

Bully

Val Challoner

Ockers

Roger Williams

Jock

Girth

Graham Dexter

Graham Smith

John reed

Fraser

Colin

Stefan

Mark George

This is the current list...still 5 places up for grabs...you cant say you were`nt warned...!!

As far as themes go....i`m liking the sound of "Budget records that sound like a million dollars"...gives everyone a chance and enables us to use a bit of imagination too....

Chris.

ps, Sean, I`ll miss Eddie too but he aint in yet...maybe you want to give him a nudge

Social source share

Gotcha Chris. Will do.

thumbsup.gif

So is that the title/theme then?

Sounds good to me!

So....... shall we get on wiv it? (assuming it includes LP tracks or whatever?)

Sean

Arrghh, if albums are in then some of my best stuff went on the last one :rolleyes: I'm off down the charity shops.

Social source share

Ok lets make a decision....the Theme will be "Budget tracks that sound a million dollars"

I`ll leave it to everyone to decide what they consider to be a budget track but i`d say they would have to be below 30 or 40 quid at least.....

Lps are included too and it does`nt have to be northern or 70s dancers, just good quality inexpensive soul music.

Still 5 places left which after the initial fuss is suprising to say the least! i`m sure we will fill the places so if you want to get on with it then do 30 CDs.....

Cheers, Chris

Social source share

Ok lets make a decision....the Theme will be "Budget tracks that sound a million dollars"

I`ll leave it to everyone to decide what they consider to be a budget track but i`d say they would have to be below 30 or 40 quid at least.....

Lps are included too and it does`nt have to be northern or 70s dancers, just good quality inexpensive soul music.

Still 5 places left which after the initial fuss is suprising to say the least! i`m sure we will fill the places so if you want to get on with it then do 30 CDs.....

Cheers, Chris

Good Call Chris.

On with it!

Sean

Social source share

Sean H

Alan Darker

Adrian

Tony Turner

Plumby

TSU

Adrian

Drew

Rich Scott

Jerry Welsh

John Lloyd

Mo Chapman

Bully

Val Challoner

Ockers

Roger Williams

Jock

Girth

Graham Dexter

Graham Smith

John reed

Fraser

Colin

Stefan

Mark George

Eddie

Chris Morgan

Simon T

This is the current list...still 2 places up for grabs...

Chris

Social source share

so my idea of records on yellow labels wasn't chosen angry.gif

'Budget Soul sounding like a Million Dollars' is OK by me - I take it it can be in any format then (including CD :wicked: )

oh and that doesn't mean you can put George Blackwell on because it came from a £10 compilation CD whistling.gif:thumbsup:

30 x 20 = 600 tracks

whoa baby can't wait :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Sean H

Alan Darker

Adrian

Tony Turner

Plumby

TSU

Adrian

Drew

Rich Scott

Jerry Welsh

John Lloyd

Mo Chapman

Bully

Val Challoner

Ockers

Roger Williams

Jock

Girth

Graham Dexter

Graham Smith

John reed

Fraser

Colin

Stefan

Mark George

Eddie

Chris Morgan

Simon T

Flanny

This is the current list...still 1 place up for grabs...

Just a reminder that the theme will be "Budget soul that sounds a million dollars"! LPs, CDs, 45s...whatever you want....affordable quality soul....its up to your interpretation but lets not have someone putting Jimmy Bo Horne in "cause i payed a fiver for it in 1976"!

I`ll send all the addresses out as soon as i get time, probably Friday when i`m off...in the meantime feel free to start recording...

Chris

Social source share

Sean H

Alan Darker

Adrian

Tony Turner

Plumby

TSU

Adrian

Drew

Rich Scott

Jerry Welsh

John Lloyd

Mo Chapman

Bully

Val Challoner

Ockers

Roger Williams

Jock

Girth

Graham Dexter

Graham Smith

John reed

Fraser

Colin

Stefan

Mark George

Eddie

Chris Morgan

Simon T

This is the current list...still 2 places up for grabs...

Chris

Right, done mine now. Most are £10 according to JM's site, a couple are £15 - £20, so all should be £10 at the most.

Can I ask that nobody posts their track lists up as it spoils the fun of waiting for the CD to turn up and being pleacently surprised!

Social source share

Sean H

Alan Darker

Adrian

Tony Turner

Plumby

TSU

Adrian

Drew

Rich Scott

Jerry Welsh

John Lloyd

Mo Chapman

Bully

Val Challoner

Ockers

Roger Williams

Jock

Girth

Graham Dexter

Graham Smith

John reed

Fraser

Colin

Stefan

Mark George

Eddie

Chris Morgan

Simon T

Flanny

This is the current list...still 1 place up for grabs...

Just a reminder that the theme will be "Budget soul that sounds a million dollars"! LPs, CDs, 45s...whatever you want....affordable quality soul....its up to your interpretation but lets not have someone putting Jimmy Bo Horne in "cause i payed a fiver for it in 1976"!

I`ll send all the addresses out as soon as i get time, probably Friday when i`m off...in the meantime feel free to start recording...

Chris

Great stuff!

Are you not participating in this one then Chris? :rolleyes:

I've counted 29 thus far... so with you we've got the 30!

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!