Cd Of Lp Tracks November Swap

• Replies 240
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mines still outstanding - I think there are around 10 still to come. I've got nearly all recorded and will get the CDs burned in the next week or so & out in the post......been listening to all that have arrived so far.....some top notch stuff !!!!

Cheers Girth

Social source share

I'm sure it'll be good Gareth, but I think it's a going a bit far to say it's outstanding.

Not like you to be boastful mate... but if yours is outstanding I'm confident that mine will be f#ckin' Amazing!

:lol:

I've heard that yours may be a little watered down........ :thumbsup: sorry, I couldn't resist.....

I'll get my coat.....

Girf

Social source share

Sure, it's not what it might have been, but at least you and me will enjoy the excerpts from Derek & Clive on there!

:D

Sean

"When the moonlight flits across your t.......... Brilliant

Have you dried out yet?

Blake+Nicky

Edited by BLAKE H
Social source share

"When the moonlight flits across your t.......... Brilliant

Have you dried out yet?

Blake+Nicky

No mate.

Will take months.

Can't really describe it.

Keep finding stuff in a soggy mess. Tough as hell.

Occasionaly come up for air and for a quick look on here, just to try and keep me sane (if ever i was).

We'll get there.

Hope you and the lovely Nicky are well.

x

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Guys, huge apologies, when sorting music files out I found the SS 07/07 swap and realised hadnt sent it out, really sorry, mixture of technology breakdowns, Cleethorpes recovery time, bad organisation and bad organisation, will get them out in the post this week, will include a bonus one of new stuff as apology, Anyone who has moved (Simon T), pm me your new address.

Yours red faced!

Jock O'Connor

Social source share

Guys, huge apologies, when sorting music files out I found the SS 07/07 swap and realised hadnt sent it out, really sorry, mixture of technology breakdowns, Cleethorpes recovery time, bad organisation and bad organisation, will get them out in the post this week, will include a bonus one of new stuff as apology, Anyone who has moved (Simon T), pm me your new address.

Yours red faced!

Jock O'Connor

Jock, I'm guilty too.

My excuses include a devastating flood, the arrival of a new baby and a feckin Kidney Stone... and apart from the fact that I lost the master copy I'd done some months ago in the flood (it'll be on a Refuse Tip somewhere on the outskirts of Chesterfield) I aim to record it all over again, this week, and get it out before the end of August.

So... you're not the only Slacker Mr O'Connor!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK Guys...Its that time of the year again...who is ready for another CD swap???

I`ll post up next week on a new thread and we will see who is interested again...

Meanwhile...how about a theme....any ideas?

Chris.

Yes, I've an idea Chris,

How about I post out the last one?

Following several months drying out and peeling apart my vinyl, I've Been sat at my desk burning CD's all day long (inbetween working of course).

Will (finally) be with you all in the next 2-3 days!

Apologies for the unforseen (and unfortunate) delay.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

good idea Chris.....I would like to suggest a 'Whatever Floats Ya Boat' theme, things that are doing it for you at the moment........ we have a wealth of knowledge and good record collections on here and it would be interesting to hear something a little different be it soul, r&b, funk, etc....

Edited by Chunky
Social source share

good idea Chris.....I would like to suggest a 'Whatever Floats Ya Boat' theme, things that are doing it for you at the moment........ we have a wealth of knowledge and good record collections on here and it would be interesting to hear something a little different be it soul, r&b, funk, etc....

Chunky

I am up for doing something different as well - I listen to all sorts of things deep, funk, R&B etc from the 50's to the present day and would be interested to hear what others are listening to??? How about - What have you been listening to in the last week or month? -and pick out a selection.

Cheers

Colin

https://indangerousrhythm.blogspot.com/

Social source share

I'd like to be in again, although I think I'm still missing about 10 CD's

What about tunes not in Manships price guide?

Yeah I think i sent out 29-30 and (from memory) only got 19-20 back too!

They were all bloody good though!!!

So it wasn't just Mr Hampsey - Let's be hearing the excuses of all those that didn't send any out (Sean you're excused mate thumbsup.gif )

Steve

Social source share

I'd like to be in again, although I think I'm still missing about 10 CD's

What about tunes not in Manships price guide?

Yeah I think i sent out 29-30 and (from memory) only got about 20 back!

So it wasn't just Mr Hampsey - Let's be hearing the excuses of all those that didn't send any out (Sean you're excused mate thumbsup.gif )

Steve

Social source share

Guest stromberg

Count me in, i too seem to be a few CD's short of a full swap :lol:

you all still have to get my CD,

you will get it next week, sorry for the delay, but now they are done, packaged and ready to go,

cheers,

Stefan

Social source share

Yeah I think i sent out 29-30 and (from memory) only got 19-20 back too!

So it wasn't just Mr Hampsey - Let's be hearing the excuses of all those that didn't send any out (Sean you're excused mate :thumbsup: )

Steve

Well am gonna put me hand up to this, No excuses Or bull, never got round to getting some discs to record them on, so, Yes I am a wanker.gif and as punishment I will not enter in to the next swap, apoligies to all who entered in to this in good sprit. I feel ashamed of myself, If it is of any consalation to the good people who sent me one, they were all excellant. thumbsup.gif

Goona find a dark corner to hide in now :D

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Well am gonna put me hand up to this, No excuses Or bull, never got round to getting some discs to record them on, so, Yes I am a wanker.gif and as punishment I will not enter in to the next swap, apoligies to all who entered in to this in good sprit. I feel ashamed of myself, If it is of any consalation to the good people who sent me one, they were all excellant. :thumbsup:

Goona find a dark corner to hide in now blush.gif

Nice of Miff to appologise to the Cd swappers who sent him Their Cds and got nothing in return,who are the others that didnt send thier Cd out..Hope these forum members arnt going to be invited back into the next Swap,have checked all the Cds i had sent me and am missing 13..I could post up who hasnt sent me their Cd but wont!! Name and shame never works and its obvious that the persons responsable should reply with their appols :D Blunt words i know but its how i feel..Count me in for the next swap..Thanx Graham.

Social source share

Hi Guys, must agree with the comments of the guys that entered into the thing properly, bit of a waste of time when you make the effort to send out the alloted number of cds and only get a certain amount and nothing like the number you sent. Leaves a bitter taste to say the least. Some of the guilty as was said did not have the decency to apologise for not sending. Mr Hampsey did have a perfectly valid excuse and I am sorry for what happened to him. But for the rest it just aint in the spirit of the swap IMHO. Still the ones that I did recieve were all top notch. Will have to think if it is worth all the effort to do it all again if this is the end result.

fdsoul6345789

Social source share

Guest stromberg

Hi Guys, must agree with the comments of the guys that entered into the thing properly, bit of a waste of time when you make the effort to send out the alloted number of cds and only get a certain amount and nothing like the number you sent. Leaves a bitter taste to say the least. Some of the guilty as was said did not have the decency to apologise for not sending. Mr Hampsey did have a perfectly valid excuse and I am sorry for what happened to him. But for the rest it just aint in the spirit of the swap IMHO. Still the ones that I did recieve were all top notch. Will have to think if it is worth all the effort to do it all again if this is the end result.

fdsoul6345789

apologies again for being very late in sending them out, but I always knew I would send them out.

And to be honest, I didn't have the time to listen in depth to all of the 20 or so received so far, so I wouldn't have a problem with a delayed CD, but people really should send them out, better later than never..

Social source share

Hi, by pure coincidence this thread has come back to life just as I have finished playing the last batch of CD's sent to me by you kind folks, as you probably remember I took part in the first CD swap but when it came to the second swap I ruled myself through the fact that I was quite poorly and I didn't want to let the swap team down, anyway CD's started to land through the letter box and then a week or so later I saw Chris and informed that he asked you guys if you would send me a CD even though I wasn't in the team to which I greatly appreciate. The CD's I received were of the highest quality, absolutely great listening, at what I like the best is listening to sounds that you have never heard before, the only problem being it extends your wants list.

Anyway it looks like a third swap is about to be organised and I would appreciate it Chris if I could come back on the list as although I'm still poorly I feel I could do a CD now, but one thing someone has mentioned which I think is a really valid point and that is the volume of CD's arriving through the door you can't really do any of them real justice and if you do play them quite alot then you aren't listening to them all, I'm not sure what the answer is because if you make the team smaller say 15 people then that would easier to handle as far as the amount of disc's arriving but it wouldn't be fair on the others, perhaps if we split the contributors up into 2 groups with one group providing a CD to the other group and then after an agreed time the original receiving group supplying the CD to the original providers, only a suggestion.

The theme I believe should be just to provide good solid soul music that you believe in and want to share with others.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Guys, I`m sorry some people didnt send theirs out last time, to be honest thats just not on...If someone can provide me with a list i`ll ensure these people are`nt included in this swap. I am glad to run the swap again from the point of view of collating the names and addresses etc but really cant keep tabs on everyone who should have sent a Cd out....

I think we will keep the number to 30 as we tried a smaller number the first time and got inundated with people wanting to be in....tell you what we will say 30 max and keep it open for 2 days, gives everyone a chance...

I`ll post a new thread for the new swap....probably over the weekend......

Still need a theme...? The Manship book one would be a toughie....how about, "the last 20 records I have bought" or "The best stuff i have bought/ discovered in the last year" or "the best double-siders"??

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Chris

Social source share

I'm away on business this week and despite the trials and tribulations (which I guess most are aware of) the 'Soul Within Reach' CD is being mailed from my office this week.

Bugger of it is, I'd done the master copy months ago, but it got washed up in the flood, before I got to duplicate it, and is now on some refuse dump, somewhere in deepest Derbyshire!

I then spent several months trying to salvage the remnants of my collection before being able to cobble enough material together to re-record it (as faithfully as I could remember) and as per the original.

Wonder if some hobo will find it (and the hundreds of other CD & vinyl pieces)... and end up a devotee as a result!

Either way.... mine will be with you shortly.

Hope you get as much pleasure from it (when it arrives) as I did all of yours.

Many thanks

Sean

PS: I've an address list which my faithful PA, Stephanie, is using to despatch with, however, I'm unsure if its kosher. If someone could forward me a current list I'd be much obliged.

Social source share

PS: I've an address list which my faithful PA, Stephanie, is using to despatch with, however, I'm unsure if its kosher. If someone could forward me a current list I'd be much obliged.

Sean, I have sent you the address list from the last swap by email.

Dont forget guys, I`ll be posting a brand new thread over the weekend and the first 30 people to EMAIL me their EMAIL ADDRESS and their POSTAL ADDRESS....(No PMs, half stories or missing information) will be on the CD swap for November 07.

just need a theme now????????

Chris

Theme - I'm up for the last 20 we bought!!!!

Cheers

Colin

Social source share

I'm gonna pass on this one this time fellas.....................unlike Sir Hampsey i haven't got a PA (hee hee) and i've a shedload of things to do in November that may see me struggle to record and copy a CD 30 times.................BUT i will be back for the next one hopefully (if there is room for me that is!)

Really have enjoyed the last two swaps with approx 40 CD's of LP tracks and cheap quality 45's - have learnt a bit and bought a bit from them so it must go down as a success :lol:

Will be watching the thread with interest though :no:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

I'm gonna pass on this one this time fellas.....................unlike Sir Hampsey i haven't got a PA (hee hee)

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

If you'd like to take advantage of mine, I'm sure she'd be happy to oblige!

:D

Hopefully she's got ya'll sorted in my absence.

If not... she'll be on the carpet in the morning!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

Why dont you post the tunes you have picked and the list of your Lp compilations up here.......on the site?

you probabley already have......and I have not read the thread..................and you would be right!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies to all for the delay.

I trust you've all now received a copy of my Comp CD "Soul Within Reach"

Unfortunately my trusty(!) assistant did not send out the track listing, as instructed, so here it is below....

Simply copy this section to a Word doc and there you have it!

1, Gladys Knight - Since I Lost You

2. Originals - You're The One

3. Creative Source - You're Too Good To Be True

4. Tyrone Davis - Keep Me Holding On

5. Otis Clay - Holding On To A Dying Love

6. Ovations - Sweet Thing

7. RB Hudmon - Cause You're Mine

8. Roy C - Got To Get Enough

9. James Carr - Let Me Be Right

10. Jackie Wilson - What a Lovely way

11. Jimmy Scott - What Am I Gonna Do

12. Bobby McClure - Was It Something I Said

13. Originals - I'm someone Who Cares

14. Walter Jackson - Not You

15. Joey Gilmore - Somebody Took My Baby & Gone

16. Little Milton - Man Loves Two

17. General Soul Assembly - Highwaymen

18. Sam Baker - It's All Over

19. Friday, Saturday & Sunday - Ther Must Be Something

20. Jo Ann Garrett - One Woman

21. Pat Brown - Love On Loan

22. Syreeta - What Love Has Joined Together

23. Sandra Feva - Just To Be Close To You

24. C & The Shells - On Your Way Home

Hope there's something on there for everyone.

All should be fairly easy to get hold of at present and none of 'em will require a remortgage to acquire... though I reckon a few will become quite pricey in future!

Enjoy.

:thumbsup:

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert