Cd Of Lp Tracks November Swap

I got the first two thru the letter box this morning...Bully and Val..just giving Bullys a spin, absolute class mate, some great stuff..standout so far is the Love peace and Happiness track, never heard that before!

Mine wont be out for a week or two.....

Chris

L P & H appearing on me web site next week :thumbsup:

SUBLIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with the others, Val & Bully - first two out the stalls and sounding veerrryyy nice if you don't mind me saying!

Mine are nearly ready to go..........

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

• Replies 240
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Guys, Been playing both vals and Bullys Cd to death...wonderful stuff guys and right in the spirit of what we are trying to do with this.

This is not at all connected to the two CDs i have received so far but i think it would be a good idea to try and avoid LP tracks as long as you are 100% sure nobody used it in the last swap. Also, if you do use LP tracks can you state on the listing the title track and the name of the LP please?

Keep em coming...

Chris

Social source share

Obviously Chris,

I was Not Part of the Swap last time, but that is what I have done isn't it in the sheet that I contained with the CD saying what format it was on and the label etc. I am Sorry if any of the tracks that I have put on mine where used last time SORRY :thumbsup:

Bully!

Social source share

Hi just about to put mine in the post, so should be landing on you doormats in the next couple of days,got val's and bullys cds excellent start some nice bits on them and very well presented can i just say :thumbsup:

A couple of repeat tracks from bully on mine sorry but i had them burnt and not going to do them again, i guess it just means we both have good taste :thumbsup:

I have gone for £20 and under some very much under if you look hard enough, all on 45 but some on lps also, so more chance of picking one up i guess, quite a few done by other artists so even more choice.

I have done the cd in a hour of dancers and ending on a few ballards, i think the cd works well and you can just put it on and leave it to play, had a real goodtime making it brought back a few good memories.

Hope it gets you to dig out a few tunes from the collections and play them again enjoy these singers doing what they do best

Cheers

Andy

ps feedback welcome good or bad

Social source share

Hi Guys, Been playing both vals and Bullys Cd to death...wonderful stuff guys and right in the spirit of what we are trying to do with this.

This is not at all connected to the two CDs i have received so far but i think it would be a good idea to try and avoid LP tracks as long as you are 100% sure nobody used it in the last swap. Also, if you do use LP tracks can you state on the listing the title track and the name of the LP please?

Keep em coming...

Chris

Just burning mine now , have included a couple of album tracks , 100% sure they weren't included before.Best ,Eddie

Social source share

Guest miff

Just recorded mine and burnt the first one off to test it, Not got the address list yet can some one PM me it as my email is not workimg thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Hi just about to put mine in the post, so should be landing on you doormats in the next couple of days,got val's and bullys cds excellent start some nice bits on them and very well presented can i just say :huh:

A couple of repeat tracks from bully on mine sorry but i had them burnt and not going to do them again, i guess it just means we both have good taste whistling.gif

I have gone for £20 and under some very much under if you look hard enough, all on 45 but some on lps also, so more chance of picking one up i guess, quite a few done by other artists so even more choice.

I have done the cd in a hour of dancers and ending on a few ballards, i think the cd works well and you can just put it on and leave it to play, had a real goodtime making it brought back a few good memories.

Hope it gets you to dig out a few tunes from the collections and play them again enjoy these singers doing what they do best

Cheers

Andy

ps feedback welcome good or bad

LOVE THE 'CHUCK BROOKS' I'VE BEEN PLAYING THAT OUT, IT'LL GET A BLAST TONIGHT TOO :no: TOP STUFF SO FAR GUYS.....RECORDING MINE OVER WEEKEND SO OUT SOON , :D

Social source share

Keep em coming...

Chris

NO ADDRESES YET CHRIS..MY EMAIL PLAYING UP SO HAD TO CONTACT YOU HERE , CAN YOU BUNG THEM ME ...CHEERS CHRIS M thumbsup.gif
Social source share

Have now recieved 5 CD's through the door, but still have no list of addresses to send mine out to :thumbsup: .

Can someone PM me the list, mines now complete, only two doubles from other CD's but i've tried to make the CD flow so don't really want to change it now. and i agree with Drew, it just means that we have the same great taste!!!

Social source share

Have now recieved 5 CD's through the door, but still have no list of addresses to send mine out to :thumbsup: .

Can someone PM me the list, mines now complete, only two doubles from other CD's but i've tried to make the CD flow so don't really want to change it now. and i agree with Drew, it just means that we have the same great taste!!!

you have pm

cheers sean

Social source share

THANKS TO ALL YE SWAPPERS........A FEW TUNES ADDED TO SHOPPING LIST......GREAT STUFF !!!!! I TOO NEED ADDRESSES AS MINE ARE READY TO ROLL OUT

CPTN M :rolleyes: GOT ADDRESSES NOW THANKS SEAN (OCKERS) :thumbsup:

Edited by bearsoul
Social source share

I was thinking, Alan Pollard who was in the last swap has`nt been too well lately, maybe we should all send Alan a copy of our Cds...maybe cheer him up a bit...what do you think?

Cheers, Chris

Hi Chris and everyone else on the CD swap list, Chris you are right I was in last years CD swap and I really enjoyed everyones CD infact I'm still listening to them, but I wasn't going to get involved with this swap as you correctly pointed out I haven't been well and I didn't want to let everyone down by committing to doing a CD and then not being well enough to do it. However over the last few days a few CD's have popped through the letter box and then last night at the 3 Greyhounds Chris explained why I was receiving CD's so all I can say is thank you very much firstly for thinking about me during these difficult times and secondly for the wonderful CD's and I will over the next few weeks see if I can put a CD together but no promises but I will try my best, so Chris will you pm me all the addresses please.

Best Regards

Alan

Social source share

Guest miff

THANKS TO ALL YE SWAPPERS........A FEW TUNES ADDED TO SHOPPING LIST......GREAT STUFF !!!!! I TOO NEED ADDRESSES AS MINE ARE READY TO ROLL OUT

CPTN M :thumbsup: GOT ADDRESSES NOW THANKS SEAN (OCKERS) :thumbsup:

How come no ones sending me the address list, do i smell or something. Gotta be the 4th time ive asked. or is it because ime listed under my proper name rather then my user name ? or because yove listend to the crap I usally post up on hear and dont want my CD ph34r.gif

Cheers Miff ( Graham Smith)

Social source share

How come no ones sending me the address list, do i smell or something. Gotta be the 4th time ive asked. or is it because ime listed under my proper name rather then my user name ? or because yove listend to the crap I usally post up on hear and dont want my CD :thumbsup:

Cheers Miff ( Graham Smith)

Sent via PM

Social source share

Being a tight bugger, mine went out origami stylee with a second class stamp on it on Friday evening. So i guess they should be arriving this morning?

Got 5 at the mo'

Listened to Val's, Bully's & Andy's so far - top drawer :thumbsup:

This swap's definitely the business!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest Darks

Evening swoppers.

Just finished my effort. Holidays and other excuses hence the delay. Need to burn the copies but would be grateful if some kind person can sort me out with the addresses.

A pm or e-mail would be appreciated.

Like last time this is looking good.

Regards Alan

Social source share

Hi Guys, I have some PC problems so cant get on my email archives at the moment. If you havent got the addresses then please post on this link and someone will pm you them. Due to my PC probs, can someone PM me the addresses??!!

I did my CD over the weekend, too much slow stuff but that was the mood i was in at the time, all are under £40....mostly under 20.....will get them out before the weekend...

Thanks for the back up.

Chris

Social source share

Hi Guys, I have some PC problems so cant get on my email archives at the moment. If you havent got the addresses then please post on this link and someone will pm you them. Due to my PC probs, can someone PM me the addresses??!!

I did my CD over the weekend, too much slow stuff but that was the mood i was in at the time, all are under £40....mostly under 20.....will get them out before the weekend...

Thanks for the back up.

Chris

check you PMs

Social source share

Thanks for the back up.

Chris

SOME OF MINE LAID-BACK TOO BUT HEY CHEAP AND I LIKE THEM HOPE EVRYONE ELSE DOES.... ALL READY TO ROLL WILL BE WINGING THEIR WAY TO Y'ALL NEXT FEW DAYS :thumbup:

CHRIS MORGAN

Social source share

Mine went out yesterday and this morning. Quite an eclectic mix of tunes from me. I've looked at keeping it below £20, either by benchmarking on Gemm or purchased for £20 or under in the last 6 months.

Steve's CD is a cracker, especially with the name that tune game. Makes me feel quite embarrassed that I don't have them all, but that will change...

I still need the one remaining address.

John

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Steve's CD is a cracker, especially with the name that tune game. Makes me feel quite embarrassed that I don't have them all, but that will change...

John

Cheers John :thumbup:

A few have asked for the track listing and a few have asked for more time while they figure it out!

I'm just finishing listening to me fourth CD (out of 5 received) - Simon T in fact and as with the other 3 it's a goodie! Charles Drain on Checker still going round in me head - an old favourite of mine BUT i haven't heard it for years and years and it still sounds the biz thumbsup.gif

In fact that's been my fave bit of this swap - listening to stuff i've not heard for years and of course being enlightened to things you've seen on lists but have never got round to buying (yet) - which is what it's all about eh?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest Adrian

Finished burning the last of mine yesterday, gotta pop out lunchtime get some stamps and they will be away.

Thanks for those so far.

Adrian

Social source share

Cheers John :thumbsup:

A few have asked for the track listing and a few have asked for more time while they figure it out!

Cheers

Steve

Has yours gone out then Steve? Cos I haven't received it!

What you done? Sent it out without a track list?

Good Idea.

And then are you going to publish it on here at a later date?

Love it.... but can I have a copy?

Pretty Please.

Sean

Social source share

Guest stromberg

just like to thank Bullie & Andy Mann for their CD's....great stuff boys......setting that bar high :thumbsup:

received 4 so far and great, great stuff, this swap is really the business. Good thing no duplicates to mine so far, which will go out on friday, after a burning and packaging marathon thursday(german bank holiday)

best,

stefan

Social source share

Guest miff

Just burnt 30 discs of all play fine up to track 20 then is all gos wonkey and wont play, 30 knacked disks :thumbsup: goona start again while on nights tonight. sorry for the delay folks

Social source share

Guest Adrian

I got one disc left and sure I burnt 30 so if you haven't had one from me by say friday give me a shout!

Adrian

Social source share

3 or 4 through already. I haven't had time to listen to them yet, so looks a weekend of catching up. 7 week old daughter permitting!!

I'm currently doing mine as I type, so all things being well you should have them all by the weekend.

I should mention that the PC is making one hell of a racket at present. If it does pack in, never fear I've got a new one landing anyday now.

ps I've gone down the 7" only route as well (25 tracks in total)

Edited by tsu tomatoes
Social source share

I got one disc left and sure I burnt 30 so if you haven't had one from me by say friday give me a shout!

Adrian

Aren't we still waiting for Neil Clark's address? He not sending his address until he sends his discs out. Hopefully your not a house burgler Neil, but if you are, tidy mine up a bit before you leave! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Social source share

Just burnt 30 discs of all play fine up to track 20 then is all gos wonkey and wont play, 30 knacked disks :thumbsup: goona start again while on nights tonight. sorry for the delay folks

There's probably a limit on how many Golden World records you can burn to CD before thing start going wrong! :-)

Social source share

Guest Adrian

Aren't we still waiting for Neil Clark's address? He not sending his address until he sends his discs out. Hopefully your not a house burgler Neil, but if you are, tidy mine up a bit before you leave! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

that explains that then, cheers Simon.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert