Cd Of Lp Tracks November Swap

• Replies 240
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest miff

There's probably a limit on how many Golden World records you can burn to CD before thing start going wrong! :-)

O dear gonna have to rethink my selections now ive been rumbled :D

Social source share

O dear gonna have to rethink my selections now ive been rumbled :D

Only ribbing you mate.

Re: knackered CDs Miff, have you tried

defrag you HD

turn of your screen saver off

burn a copy at a low speed i.e. X4 and then use your sortware to copy it

Social source share

Guest miff

Only ribbing you mate.

defrag you HD

No but i,ll give it a go, Cheers :D

Social source share

Has yours gone out then Steve? Cos I haven't received it!

What you done? Sent it out without a track list?

Good Idea.

And then are you going to publish it on here at a later date?

Love it.... but can I have a copy?

Pretty Please.

Sean

They all went out 2nd class last Friday Sean - even by Yorkshire standards you should have it by now????

Mind you, yours was special because i altered the graphic design on the label for yours - everyone else's said 'All Green & Crinkly'...........yours was altered at major cost to myself to read 'Al Green & Crinkly' - hope you appreciate the expense i went to to get this altered on my CD label :Dwhistling.gif:lol:

Cheers

Steve

ps Received 6, played 5 - still top drawer, surely we can't keep up this standard, can we?

Social source share

Guest Adrian

ps Received 6, played 5 - still top drawer, surely we can't keep up this standard, can we?

you haven't heard mine yet :D

Social source share

I've just got arrived home from work to find Mr Plumbs CD. :thumbsup:

Now that's very canny of you Steve, not to include the playlist. I shall look forward to listening to it tomorrow in London's traffic........however........

even cannier was not sending them 1st class, thereby ensuring it cost me £1.16 due to 'Insufficient Postage". Bloody tightwad :D

I'm glad I haven't put a stamp on yours yet!! whistling.gif

Social source share

They all went out 2nd class last Friday Sean - even by Yorkshire standards you should have it by now????

Mind you, yours was special because i altered the graphic design on the label for yours - everyone else's said 'All Green & Crinkly'...........yours was altered at major cost to myself to read 'Al Green & Crinkly' - hope you appreciate the expense i went to to get this altered on my CD label whistling.gif:thumbsup::D

Cheers

Steve

Aha! I appreciate your tailoring the Masterpiece on my behalf.

Very impressed.

BTW... I got a card through the door this morning from the Postman.

Says there's a few bob to pay on an envelope at the Post Office.

Could that be it?

Either way, I'm sure it will be worth it.

:thumbsup:

Sean

PS:

I'm emailing my copy to your office tonight....just to make sure you get it ok...

...so if your server's down in the morning... you'll know why!

:yes:

Social source share

Guest Darks

I've just got arrived home from work to find Mr Plumbs CD. :lol:

Now that's very canny of you Steve, not to include the playlist. I shall look forward to listening to it tomorrow in London's traffic........however........

even cannier was not sending them 1st class, thereby ensuring it cost me £1.16 due to 'Insufficient Postage". Bloody tightwad :lol:

I'm glad I haven't put a stamp on yours yet!! whistling.gif

Ahh, I was wondering what the note from the postman, requesting a £1.16 charge, was all about. I was hoping it was some records. It better be worth it Steve!!!

Still burning mine. Only one duplicate with mine so far, which is nice.

Regards Alan

Social source share

Guest miff

Just burnt 30 discs of all play fine up to track 20 then is all gos wonkey and wont play, 30 knacked disks :lol: goona start again while on nights tonight. sorry for the delay folks

Only ribbing you mate.

defrag you HD

Ok Just burnt another 30 disks of after a defrag and they are all knackerd at just the same point track 20, tried on some other disks and it records just fine, so 100 cake of memorex disks going back tomorrow. and will get some new ones, again apoligies for the delay on my part. please bear with me. thumbsup.gif

Edited by miff
Social source share

Guest biggray1

Ahh, I was wondering what the note from the postman, requesting a £1.16 charge, was all about. I was hoping it was some records. It better be worth it Steve!!!

Still burning mine. Only one duplicate with mine so far, which is nice.

Regards Alan

Same here Alan...will b sending my Cd too Mr Plumb the same way,some folk....I tell ya. :angry:

Social source share

I've just got arrived home from work to find Mr Plumbs CD. thumbsup.gif

even cannier was not sending them 1st class, thereby ensuring it cost me £1.16 due to 'Insufficient Postage". Bloody tightwad :lol:

I got mine surcharged as well , and I'm a postman !!! If you hadn't put card in the package Steve , it would have made the 2nd class rate , still, looking forward to playing it ,Cheers ,Eddie

Social source share

Hi Guys....Sorry , been out of the fold for a few days due to PC probs. all sorted now. Sorry if i let anyone down not sending addresses etc

Just catching up, playing Eddies Cd for the first time...love that John Byrd mate, and its only the second track i heard off the Cd (i play them on random!).

Finally.....E I E I O....Off to football here we go....when we win promotion.........

The Rams at Wembley....cant wait!!!!

Chris

Social source share

Chris

Not as much fun as a play off final, but less stressful, automatic promotion for Bristol City, at last.

Beat Forest in the process, which must have been good for yourself.

Too close to call wether we'll be playing you next season.

Sorry for turning this thread football related, but neither of us have much too shout about recently.

John Lloyd

Social source share

Hi just got a few more cd's in the post really exciting getting nice post and not just bills :D

Had to go to the post office to pick up and pay for my steve plumb sales cd :D just a word of warning if you are gonna put a bit of card to protect the cd, it may go up to the large letter rate with the royal mails new rates, meaning you will have to pay 40p not 24p, just warning future swappers.

Really good swap so far and a very high standard by all so far

Cheers

Andy thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Hi just got a few more cd's in the post really exciting getting nice post and not just bills :D

Had to go to the post office to pick up and pay for my steve plumb sales cd :D just a word of warning if you are gonna put a bit of card to protect the cd, it may go up to the large letter rate with the royal mails new rates, meaning you will have to pay 40p not 24p, just warning future swappers.

Cheers

Andy thumbsup.gif

Thanks for your CD Andy , and everyone else who's sent them so far , think I'll have to throw a sickie to listen to them all !! Cheers ,Eddie

Social source share

Cheers

Andy thumbsup.gif

So It is not just me that has had to pay £1.16 for the pleasure of listening to Mr Plumbs CD!!!!

Steve, you have Officially took Mr Hampsey's title of Tight BAS***D of the CD SWOP title!!!

CONGRATULATIONS :D:D:D:D:D:D

Social source share

Hiya Sean,

I will wait the Delivery by Hand! At least I know it will be coming, with Johnny Nelson I was not so sure boxing.gif till I was using the top rope to get back on my feet.

Bit of a suprise that (Which is what Nelson's Right Hand was ) you delivering by hand.

Steve Plumb reckoned that you would opt for the Carrier Pigeon method :D:D:D

Cheers Mate :D:D:D:D:D

The Bulmeister!!

P.S.

Been listening to Eddie's CD the last couple of days - Top Drawer!!

Social source share

P.S.

Been listening to Eddie's CD the last couple of days - Top Drawer!!

They all contain some superb stuff don't they.

Makes a mockery of the whole 'Rare Soul' thing when you hear what could.... and ought to be... played out by some of our Top DJ's, these days.

Thanks to all for the time, effort and imagination that's going into these CD's.

Just can't wait to get off to work in the car in the morning this past week or two, such is the quality.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

blush.gif:thumbsup::Dblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

Oops!

Sorry guys!

My new PO sheet sez that if it's under 100g and fits thru the '#1 Letter' slot it can go for 24p????

All i can think of is that some PO's decided it wouldn't go thru the slot, so they bumped it up to a '#2 Large letter' which is 16p more at 40p.........................and a quid for their troubles = £1.16

You wouldn't guess i run a bloody 45's mail order service would you!!!!!!!!!???????????

Once again really sorry for the hassle and to top it off you don't even get a fookin track listing!

Leave it at the depot is what i say whistling.gif

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Got 11 Cd's now (and haven't had to go to the depot for any of them whistling.gif )

On #6 (Eddie) in the car at the mo'

Not heard a bad track yet - in fact I had a major panic yesterday when i realised there was a track i couldn't live without owning from John Lloyd's CD that i played 5 times straight...........................the 45 landed on the door step this morning with me being £4.50 worse off.....................thanks John this is what it's all about thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest Rich

Hi Guys....Sorry , been out of the fold for a few days due to PC probs. all sorted now. Sorry if i let anyone down not sending addresses etc

Just catching up, playing Eddies Cd for the first time...love that John Byrd mate, and its only the second track i heard off the Cd (i play them on random!).

Finally.....E I E I O....Off to football here we go....when we win promotion.........

Chris

Haven't missed too many big games but unfortunately the play-offs went out of the window when I got a short notice detachment with the Yanks over at Fort Gordon in Georgia :wicked: Some of our lot are off to Kandahar so we had to have a round of training with our 'coalition partners' before they departed. :yes:

Fortunately, I'll be back for the final. :ohmy:

A consequence of all this is that I am well behind the drag curve on this - our lass tells me the CD's are piling up for my return. So I do apoligise but circumstances are well beyond my control on this on - hope to be home for next weekend, so I'll crack on with them then.

Sorry about this lads :shades:

Social source share

All the Cds I have played are top drawer without exception. Colin Dilnots CD looks great but my copy is cracked in half....any chance you can send me another mate please?

I need to type up the track listing and mine will be in the mail Monday or Tuesday...

Chris

ps, Rich, see you at Wemley mate, although we have never met we have had many a conversation about the Rams!

Social source share

Mine are all packaged up and ready to go, will dorp them through the mailbox in the morning. £40 and under, and in my defence, the ones that are listed at £40 on certain web sites I have picked up for a lot less by trawling round various sites!!!

Loving the sets so far, mine are ALL original US 7"'s, I now need to go in a long drive to play them all in the car!!!!!

Social source share

Mine are all packaged up and ready to go, will dorp them through the mailbox in the morning. £40 and under, and in my defence, the ones that are listed at £40 on certain web sites I have picked up for a lot less by trawling round various sites!!!

Loving the sets so far, mine are ALL original US 7"'s, I now need to go in a long drive to play them all in the car!!!!!

Got yours today Mark , thanks , it looks great !! Best ,Eddie

Social source share

All the Cds I have played are top drawer without exception. Colin Dilnots CD looks great but my copy is cracked in half....any chance you can send me another mate please?

I need to type up the track listing and mine will be in the mail Monday or Tuesday...

Chris

ps, Rich, see you at Wemley mate, although we have never met we have had many a conversation about the Rams!

Hi Chris

I'll get another in post asap

Cheers

Colin

Social source share

Guys, Mine should be with you Friday am, yes sent em second class with my sales Cds from my next list, expensive buying 120 second class stamps! Yes, I am originally from Yorkshire too.....

Really enjoyed playing Frazers CD, some great stuff mate....does`nt mean i dont like the others, most are still in envelopes on the desk waiting to be played and savoured one at a time!

Chris

Social source share

Okay guys, turntable now fixed and have Monday/Tuesday holiday with me and my record room as company so will get them done and out by COB Tuesday, sure you wont be surprised at me being last but trust me that causes difficulties as quite a few I had thought of have already appeared, need to get my caps on.

Only listened to a couple Andy Manns (many times, great stuff, we have very similar taste I think) and Big Bad Bully Boy's, half way through and the top record so far goes to Bully's Percy Sledge, very unexpected from that artist. Tuuunnnne

Okay off to get my silver hotpants out Wardrobe for Birmingham A&S gig! © V Challoner

Social source share

Okay guys, turntable now fixed and have Monday/Tuesday holiday with me and my record room as company so will get them done and out by COB Tuesday, sure you wont be surprised at me being last but trust me that causes difficulties as quite a few I had thought of have already appeared, need to get my caps on.

Only listened to a couple Andy Manns (many times, great stuff, we have very similar taste I think) and Big Bad Bully Boy's, half way through and the top record so far goes to Bully's Percy Sledge, very unexpected from that artist. Tuuunnnne

Okay off to get my silver hotpants out Wardrobe for Birmingham A&S gig! © V Challoner

You can't be last Jock... I've not copied mine yet!

Like you, they keep coming through with tracks I've got on my Master (such as Clarence Reid "Part Time Lover" - Bobby Bland "I Wouldn't Treat A Dog" - Veda Brown "Shoutin Out Love" etc) so I'm constantly deleting and adding at the moment as there's not much point in sending stuff out that's a repeat... when the space could be used for something else.

Agree that Percy Sledge is a great track. One of the best double siders on the planet as it features an incredible version of "Rainbow Road" on the flip! Always been a popular choice in this neck of the woods.

How many CD's have we had so far? Anyone kept count?

Sean

Social source share

You can't be last Jock... I've not copied mine yet!

Like you, they keep coming through with tracks I've got on my Master (such as Clarence Reid "Part Time Lover" - Bobby Bland "I Wouldn't Treat A Dog" - Veda Brown "Shoutin Out Love" etc) so I'm constantly deleting and adding at the moment as there's not much point in sending stuff out that's a repeat... when the space could be used for something else.

Agree that Percy Sledge is a great track. One of the best double siders on the planet as it features an incredible version of "Rainbow Road" on the flip! Always been a popular choice in this neck of the woods.

How many CD's have we had so far? Anyone kept count?

Sean

I've had 18 (i think) so far.

Onto me 8th at the mo' (giving each one a good listen in the car every day)

100% Quality - top notch for all at the mo'

I guess it's gonna take a good few weeks for us all to listen and appraise every one (but i'm sure we all will!)

Steve

Social source share

I've had 18 (i think) so far.

Onto me 8th at the mo' (giving each one a good listen in the car every day)

100% Quality - top notch for all at the mo'

I guess it's gonna take a good few weeks for us all to listen and appraise every one (but i'm sure we all will!)

Steve

Thanks Steve.

You Da Best!

:thumbsup:

Poser Man

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Chris

Not as much fun as a play off final, but less stressful, automatic promotion for Bristol City, at last.

Beat Forest in the process, which must have been good for yourself.

Too close to call wether we'll be playing you next season.

Sorry for turning this thread football related, but neither of us have much too shout about recently.

John Lloyd

I hope its a better game than the CRAP i watched last Saturday John...Oh and i have read reports on the Prices FOR DRINKS AND FOOD ETC that are for sale inside Wembly..Their havi a larf at us...£4 for a small bottle of water....Twats or wot.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, anyone keeping count of the CD swap so far and how many are still to come as I have lost count. Anyone know?

regards Fraser.

I have 18 now. Could anyone who has not sent there's out yet, PM me for a updated address to sent it to.

Ta

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest biggray1

SENT MY CD OUT LAST WEEK..Y'ALL GOT UM... :thumbsup: HAD SOME CRAKIN Cds from you all.still some too come me hopes,had 18 sent me and i sent out 29..so there is 11 to come i hope..Graham.

Social source share

SENT MY CD OUT LAST WEEK..Y'ALL GOT UM... :thumbsup: HAD SOME CRAKIN Cds from you all.still some too come me hopes,had 18 sent me and i sent out 29..so there is 11 to come i hope..Graham.

Did my original copy weeks ago Graham, but i'll be damned if I know where it is (following the chaos here).

Might have to re-record it. Hope ya'll give me little more time to get it sorted.

Sean

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Did my original copy weeks ago Graham, but i'll be damned if I know where it is (following the chaos here).

Might have to re-record it. Hope ya'll give me little more time to get it sorted.

Sean

DiD YOU GET MY cD SEAN.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!