Male & Female Duettes

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

First of all; Betty Lou one of the most interesting voices on vinyl?? whistling.gif One of the worst bloody hell the woman can't sing a note! :D (brill record though)

This has to be one of the best M&F duettes:

Beverly & Duane - "You belong to me"/"Love" - Brown Bomber - Rare, Detroit, 2 good sides, nice looking label... Need I say more?? :wicked:

Billy :D

Social source share

Vernon and Jewel recorded some great tracks in this genre.

Another tremendous slice of male/female duet-soul, in a seventies ballad style is John Freeman and Almeta Latimore's electrifying "I Need You" on VR. You can almost hear sparks fly by the fade-out.

I've always preferred Marvin & Tammi's version of "Baby I Need Your Loving" to the 4 Tops: so much more exciting than dreary old Levi Stubbs and co. (I'll probably get strung up for saying this.)

Edited by garethx
Social source share

First of all; Betty Lou one of the most interesting voices on vinyl?? :wicked: One of the worst bloody hell the woman can't sing a note! whistling.gif (brill record though)

I didn't say she had a 'good' voice, Billy. I said she had an interesting voice. Although the recording is a 60s one, voice has the qualities of a woman from a much earlier period . You hear voices like this on the field recordings that the Lomaxes made.

To my mind it's this that helps to make it a brilliant record.

Social source share

Lovely! Thanks for letting me hear this. Do you have any info on this record?

link

HERE IS A LABEL SCAN BILLY...I DONT HAVE ANY MORE INFO.

I'M AFRAID I'M NOT VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT WRITERS PRODUCERS AND LABELS ETC...I JUST LOVE THE MUSIC, AND I GUESS WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT, THATS ALL THAT MATTERS

OH....THE OTHER SIDE IS CALLED ETERNITY

Social source share

HERE IS A LABEL SCAN BILLY...I DONT HAVE ANY MORE INFO.

I'M AFRAID I'M NOT VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT WRITERS PRODUCERS AND LABELS ETC...I JUST LOVE THE MUSIC, AND I GUESS WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT, THATS ALL THAT MATTERS

OH....THE OTHER SIDE IS CALLED ETERNITY

link

Nice one! like this thanx for sharing :)

Particular fav of mine is Sandy Hollis and the uncredited bloke from the Falcons..... "Im Tempted" on Big Wheel

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!