Catacombes Club

Guest Kolla

• Replies 3
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sums up those sweaty nights in '73 beautifully...how anyone could manage to dance right through Cindy Scott's "Time can change a love" in that heat beats me - but I'd love the chance to try again, and this time I wouldn't sacrifice the last half-hour for a little (ahem) "quality time" with the girlfriend in the back of a car round the corner :)

Jerry.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I love reading stuff like this even tho I am too young to have gone. I liked the way the excitement of going to a club you love is captured. It reminds me of how I felt in the days when I didnt have to worry about mortgage payments, credit card bills, bank loans etc and could ask mum and dad to "lend me a fiver" which they wouldnt ask for back, so I could go to Stroud or Gloucester. Where the hairs would be up on the back of my neck boarding the bus, or even better, getting a lift on a scooter or in Conway's old Toyota.

Being a very young one back then I was too shy to talk to most people unless they spoke to me first. but I can picture their faces and remember clear as a bell certain events. Reading stores like that take me way back. And I just love it. Cheers for putting that up Kolla :)

Social source share

Found this on the net today - may be of interest to those who went

https://www.thisoldsoul.com/catacombs.html

link

Very interesting, I was lucky to experience, as soon as you got through the door, you are in a different world. Everything that was said was very true. Except the last nighter was called the death of the cats.

There is still a few lads on the scene who experienced the cat, who I say hello to today. I have to say the girls out shone the lads when it came to dancing.

Cheers Billy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!