Thee Midnighters Live In Los Angeles

:P

Great show...

The band is tighter than ever, 9 musicians including full horn and back up vocal sections..

They did most songs you'd expect, including Thee midnite feeling, I wanna testify (Parliments choon), Whittier Blvd., It'll never be over, Land of a 1000 dances, etc...

There was easily over 1000 people watching the show.

I requested "Your gonna make me cry", and Willie G told me to cheer up (ha ha!)!

His voice is still AMAZING.

It was at a local flea market called the "Santa Fe Springs"; it used to be a drive in movie theatre, but has been a swap meet now for about 15 years I think. They have a stage and beer garden area in the middle :D and you can shop while you drink!!

Joe Battan and Malo performed there recently as well.

This spot is a Chicano destination; there's usually some wicked Low rider cars in the parking lot. Very much an East L.a. vibe.

Perfect environment to see Thee Midniters in!

Best part...It costs $1.00 to get in. :wicked:

Oh to live in L.a..... :P

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Tommy

:boxing:

Great show...

The band is tighter than ever, 9 musicians including full horn and back up vocal sections..

They did most songs you'd expect, including Thee midnite feeling, I wanna testify (Parliments choon), Whittier Blvd., It'll never be over, Land of a 1000 dances, etc...

There was easily over 1000 people watching the show.

I requested "Your gonna make me cry", and Willie G told me to cheer up (ha ha!)!

His voice is still AMAZING.

It was at a local flea market called the "Santa Fe Springs"; it used to be a drive in movie theatre, but has been a swap meet now for about 15 years I think. They have a stage and beer garden area in the middle :lol: and you can shop while you drink!!

Joe Battan and Malo performed there recently as well.

This spot is a Chicano destination; there's usually some wicked Low rider cars in the parking lot. Very much an East L.a. vibe.

Perfect environment to see Thee Midniters in!

Best part...It costs $1.00 to get in. :lol:

Oh to live in L.a..... :lol:

I saw them a couple of months ago. Great stuff. Only 3 of them are the original members of the group, but the replacements are top notch. I took along my 'You're gonna make me cry" to get the sleeve signed, but of course the line was too bloody long :lol: Oh well, i'll be seeing them again soon.

P.S. Nearly forgot to say, Willie G (the lead singer) is such a great guy. Very nice, and extremely funny. If you ever make it to one of their shows, be sure to have a chat with him. He's more than happy to talk to any fans.

Edited by Tommy
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!