Pete Lawson Memoribillia

There have been lots of threads on the legend Pete Lawson about his various adventures on the northern scene, but do any of you soulies have items that he left before he went to the big allnighter in the sky........I found and old cardboard record sleeve from a record that I bought from him way back at one of the Allanton/ Shotts allnighters. Petes desriptions verbally were out this world and so were his record sleeve comments as you can see below...I`ve been lookin for this for years and have just found it again...brings back fond memories

Andy

post-2620-1178449490_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

:unsure:

I know Andy... weren't his record sleeves great.. better than the records inside them a lot of the time!

Have got loads and loads of letters from him... used to get on average at least a couple a week... ranging from the certifiable to really sweet...

He certainly was a very complex person... and yet he wasn't.. if you know what i mean.

Feel very proud to have the memories i have of the man..

Social source share

There have been lots of threads on the legend Pete Lawson about his various adventures on the northern scene, but do any of you soulies have items that he left before he went to the big allnighter in the sky........I found and old cardboard record sleeve from a record that I bought from him way back at one of the Allanton/ Shotts allnighters. Petes desriptions verbally were out this world and so were his record sleeve comments as you can see below...I`ve been lookin for this for years and have just found it again...brings back fond memories

Andy

i remember buying peggy paxton and regina sherard off pete at shotts for 30 quid he was holding regina sherard shouting in my ear you got a bargain you scottish wanker this will be 200 quid one day.../quality
Social source share

i remember buying peggy paxton and regina sherard off pete at shotts for 30 quid he was holding regina sherard shouting in my ear you got a bargain you scottish wanker this will be 200 quid one day.../quality

the f..kin 2 of them for 30!!........Ah Allanton! they were the days.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

i got some of his sleeves somewere, ones got his blood on it..which he was pretty proud of, haha he was always hardcore like that

though when he passed he had more of my stuff then i had of his.

his brothers still knockin round, he still goes to local soul nites in ormskirk

rip

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Ah yes Pete

Some great and not so great memories. He stayed with me for a couple of days in Halifax back in the late 80's and my then wife couldn't make head nor tail of him. He was cutting EMI's at a studio in Huddersfield near the Fish n' Chip shop I had at the time.

I also remember one time on a trip up to Scotland and he didn't shut up all the way up and all the way back down - and he was straight at the time!!!

I will have a look to see if I've got anything but again I don't think that I've got any photos 'cos they were left behind when I split up with Jayne.

Mick Howard

Social source share

Ive still have Petes mag that he did............ the gospal according to Dave Godlin......... think thats what is was called, must dig it out and take another look after all these years...........................................................................

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Andy (& others)

I had a good look through what's left of my 'stuff' and have found a couple of things of Pete's including a photo taken on a minibus on our way to Scotland (Allanton I think). I'll post them when I've scanned them.

Shute

I also found issue 2 of 'The Gospel According to Dave Godin' but wouldn't mind a copy of issue 1 (must've lost my copy along the way) if you would copy it for me (I'll pay for the copying and P&P of course). If you're agreeable then send me a personal. Thanks in advance.

Social source share

Andy (& others)

I had a good look through what's left of my 'stuff' and have found a couple of things of Pete's including a photo taken on a minibus on our way to Scotland (Allanton I think). I'll post them when I've scanned them.

Shute

I also found issue 2 of 'The Gospel According to Dave Godin' but wouldn't mind a copy of issue 1 (must've lost my copy along the way) if you would copy it for me (I'll pay for the copying and P&P of course). If you're agreeable then send me a personal. Thanks in advance.

mick ive got issue 1 ,i will find it and get it copied for you pm me your address mate :D

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest frenchie

Ive still have Petes mag that he did............ the gospal according to Dave Godlin......... think thats what is was called, must dig it out and take another look after all these years...........................................................................

I did the artwork for 'Gospel' and sorted the printing out for Pete. I cant believe I've lost my copies, mind you, it was a few years ago now. He met Godin through Stan from Preston. How ironic Godin did a reading at his funeral. As a present for helping him with the magazine, Pete gave me 4 unpressed paper labels that he'd got off Godin. They are the first releases of Godins record labels; Soul City 001, Soul Deep 91001, Right On 110 and the never issued four, forty four (444). I have them in a frame on my wall. Nice one Pete, I'll never forget you mate ;-))

Social source share

Guest frenchie

I did the artwork for 'Gospel' and sorted the printing out for Pete. I cant believe I've lost my copies, mind you, it was a few years ago now. He met Godin through Stan from Preston. How ironic Godin did a reading at his funeral. As a present for helping him with the magazine, Pete gave me 4 unpressed paper labels that he'd got off Godin. They are the first releases of Godins record labels; Soul City 001, Soul Deep 91001, Right On 110 and the never issued four, forty four (444). I have them in a frame on my wall. Nice one Pete, I'll never forget you mate ;-))

Stuart Raith

(frenchie is my wife's avatar)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!