Leicester Oddfellows

• 1 month later...

Yep just to add my two penneth. Was a great niter this. Used to travel from Lincs with my mate Terry. Used to pick up a couple of girls at lincoln on the way.

Always sat on the left of the stage as you looked at it. Liked me modern.

hello pete i still have a vhs video of the oddfellows niter in the uk somewhere if i come back for the cleethorpes weekender which i am planning i will sort it out we are all on it me, you ,ross,adam,shippo,curly,craggy,pickles,terry,the dance comp is on it as well,some of it is in the modern room downstairs ,very entertaining,we always sat on the left of the stage everywhere we went if you think about it .

Social source share

Yep just to add my two penneth. Was a great niter this. Used to travel from Lincs with my mate Terry. Used to pick up a couple of girls at lincoln on the way.

Always sat on the left of the stage as you looked at it. Liked me modern.

Social source share

Guest southpaw

hello pete i still have a vhs video of the oddfellows niter in the uk somewhere if i come back for the cleethorpes weekender which i am planning i will sort it out we are all on it me, you ,ross,adam,shippo,curly,craggy,pickles,terry,the dance comp is on it as well,some of it is in the modern room downstairs ,very entertaining,we always sat on the left of the stage everywhere we went if you think about it .

Rob mate, How's things going aint seen you in years, yes had some greats nights at this nighter really nice to see you posting on here :thumbup::yes:

Alan (pickles)

Social source share

i am after getting touch with Gaz Keen as I haven't seen him for a long time,good times and all that.. has anyone got his contact number etc...

Debbie I will PM you with details, still speak to Gaz at least once a week still one of my best mates

Social source share

=======

IM NOT SURE IF I ALREADY SAID BUT

THE 2ND ANNIVERSARY AT LEICESTER IS IN MY TOP 3 ALLNITERS OF ALL TIME!!!!- IT WAS TOO BRILLIANT FOR WORDS...

Social source share

god I remember Anna and Cindy well before nighters, used to see them at the Scooter Clubs in Leicester, and yes I also attended the Saracen's Head Soul nights. Did the whole scooter thing which led me to the nighters. does anyone remember Paul Clay who hung around with Fat Daz????

dazandcrew.jpg

See anyone you know!

Social source share

No cant say i know any of these .. are you in the pic ?? Must get aly , adam, etc, to get a leic re-union niter going sometime... demand is there. cant believe this thread is still going ??? martyn. (leic,s best dancer).. ha

That's Fat Daz hidding in the middle! Taken at a Hinckley Allnighter, hence the wonderful surroundings!

Social source share

ha ha is that Daz in the blue. god this must have been when he was a whipper snapper. remember the parka and a vespa 50 way back when.....

well this was me dancing at the oddfellows and then leicester line up...

Pic 1 : Chad, Dave Wheeler, Sarah? Gaz Keen, ? Not sure and Andy Newman!!!!

Am I right biggrin.gif

Came back with Daz with him on his 50 from Scarborough in 82 and we ended up on the A1/M1 motorway Doh!!! Me nursing a broken exhaust!

Social source share

yes you are right..

Debbie

Has Gaz been in touch yet? He promised me he would ring you

If not let me know and I will harass him

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest lemonde

yes you are right..

debbie this is daz ?????? i since the pic must have been before i discovered the benefits of speed

god we all look young

Social source share

Guest lemonde

Am I right :thumbsup:

Came back with Daz with him on his 50 from Scarborough in 82 and we ended up on the A1/M1 motorway Doh!!! Me nursing a broken exhaust!

hi this is daz ???

Social source share

Guest lemonde

don't even get me started on the blasts from the past o my god.... lol x but where are they now I wonder.....?

after i discoverd the benefit of speed did all nighters every weekend until 90 meet my wife/girlfriend jo from stroud at all nighters

moved to bedford, got into the rave scence brillant days and moved to london in 95 still here

duid you have ginner hair..remond me the memory grows old

Social source share

Guest lemonde

i am after getting touch with Gaz Keen as I haven't seen him for a long time,good times and all that.. has anyone got his contact number etc...

is gaz keen still around say hello from me

daz

Social source share

Guest lemonde

==========

i would love to see tommo again...used to be everywhere in the 80's !

do you mean tomo from lecicester ia m afraid he died in early 90's if this is the same tomo...tomo the bombo eyres monsell

sorry to bring you bad news i think of him a lot

Social source share

Guest lemonde

Hi Steve, he needs Harassing......

thanks

Debbie

i remember you now...how are you ????

Edited by lemonde
Social source share

Guest lemonde

Am I right :D

hi this is daz what si your real name

Social source share

Now then Rob :lol:

Yep we always sat on the left of stage didn't we! Yep wouldn't mind a copy of the vid. Let me know for definite if you coming

back we ought to meet up.

Peter

Social source share

That's Fat Daz hidding in the middle! Taken at a Hinckley Allnighter, hence the wonderful surroundings!

From the left. Weird Wayne, Poo (Paul Clay) Bunny (at the back) Daz in the middle. Dennis Cains and Me on the far right. (ooh dont we all look young!!)

Social source share

Joan,

went to every one!! It was Fantastic. tommo and pete lawson taking the piss out of anything that moved back stage. 13 card bragg in the cloakroom.

Got even better when the second room opened downstairs.

See Ya!!

Trill.

Andy

It was crash we played back stage, cracking nights

Social source share

Hi Steve, he needs Harassing......

thanks

Debbie

Debbie

Just rang him to remind him and Im calling on him tomorrow so I will give him a kick for you

If necessary I will ring you on my phone and pass it to him

Steve

Social source share

is gaz keen still around say hello from me

daz

Daz

you old git havent seen you in years, how the hell are you

Still have pictures of you, Tommo, Cong, Martin, Ozzie , Phil Worrel round our house when we lived in Wigan.

Anita still has one of Jo's tops that she was altering for her but then never saw either of you again

Still see Gaz fairly regularly and Phil Flavel and occasionaly bump into Eric, havent seen Cong or many of the others in years unfortunately some of them are no longer with us, Tommo, Ozzie & Terry Mac to name a few

Are you still getting out and about? If you go to the 100 Club let me know and I will see if I can drag him down.

Dunc from Warrington has just got back into the the scene and is spending hundreds on records again

ATB

Steve

Social source share

Daz

Still have pictures of you, Tommo, Cong, Martin, Ozzie , Phil Worrel round our house when we lived in Wigan.

Anita still has one of Jo's tops that she was altering for her but then never saw either of you again

Still see Gaz fairly regularly and Phil Flavel and occasionaly bump into Eric, havent seen Cong or many of the others in years unfortunately some of them are no longer with us, Tommo, Ozzie & Terry Mac to name a few

Are you still getting out and about? If you go to the 100 Club let me know and I will see if I can drag him down.

Dunc from Warrington has just got back into the the scene and is spending hundreds on records again

ATB

................ :D This could turn out to be the longest running post soon, :P Saw Phil Flavel other week, he is still the same.. he still see,s Gaz Kneen most weeks i believe. who iv heard is still djing out there.. :) .Anyone know what happened to Andy Newman ? not seen him in ages. :lol: think he may have left the uk ? About time aly got a niter or something going... :yes: Martyn (leic best dancer still) ha. :D:D:boxing:

Social source share

................ :) This could turn out to be the longest running post soon, :D Saw Phil Flavel other week, he is still the same.. he still see,s Gaz Kneen most weeks i believe. who iv heard is still djing out there.. :) .Anyone know what happened to Andy Newman ? not seen him in ages. :lol: think he may have left the uk ? About time aly got a niter or something going... :yes: Martyn (leic best dancer still) ha. :D:lol::lol:

Hi Mart...........see Andy once a year, every year at Prestatyn in March..........never forget the first time about 5/6 years ago?........I was DJ'ing in the Vic on the Friday and in he walked......hadn't seen him for nearly 20 years and we instantly recognised each other. It was great to get to meet him again.........had some great trips up to Parr Hall in his old Austin A60 van,either from his then home, in Oadby, or picking us up along the way. He was married to Tracy at that time. Still got one of his tapes "All Night Floorshakers Vol #?"......Vince Apollo, Scotty Willimas......loads of goodies!

Now lives on Isle of White and I'm sure he said he ran a B&B or similar???

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Hi Daz my name is Wayne lookin in the Photo Albums, key in:

Wayne and Sian

That me!

Hi Wayne. Sian was on here for a while last year. I met up for a drink with her as she was working in Newport one evening. She hasnt changed a bit.

Social source share

:lol: MARK, thanks for that, not seen andy in years..? Cant remember the last time.. getting old, ha.. :thumbsup: .. Wonder how many of the , ODDFELLOWS crowd are still out there today ?? bearing in mind its been, over 20 YEARS.... for me i enjoyed it, Better than, Wigan.. :(

Hope to cu soon mate.. have a good Cleethorpes if you go.. AND THE SOUL BOAT TRIP.. HA. :lol: .. MART. (LEIC BEST MOVER )..

Social source share

:D MARK, thanks for that, not seen andy in years..? Cant remember the last time.. getting old, ha.. unsure.gif .. Wonder how many of the , ODDFELLOWS crowd are still out there today ?? bearing in mind its been, over 20 YEARS.... for me i enjoyed it, Better than, Wigan.. ohmy.gif

Hope to cu soon mate.. have a good Cleethorpes if you go.. AND THE SOUL BOAT TRIP.. HA. :thumbup: .. MART. (LEIC BEST MOVER )..

Oddfellows top nite went to most. Still movin an groovin. Loads used to go from Norhants... hence Northants wide awake club. Martyn da jazz saw yagroovin at R Royce last week don't know ya but ya shake a MEAN tailfeather. Get your fine self to SOUL REPUBLIC in acouple of weeks.....your sorta vibe. KIMbo

Social source share

Oddfellows top nite went to most. Still movin an groovin. Loads used to go from Norhants... hence Northants wide awake club. Martyn da jazz saw yagroovin at R Royce last week don't know ya but ya shake a MEAN tailfeather. Get your fine self to SOUL REPUBLIC in acouple of weeks.....your sorta vibe. KIMbo

Thanks for the comment mate.. ha.. Come upto me next time and say hi..ok, smile.gif That is when iv stopped dancing , ha. biggrin.gif hope to get to that modern nite by the way.. mart

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lemonde

hi steve and anita

many years and many drugs we moved to bedford in 89 and then got into rave...moved to london in 95 still here but going on our travels soon

what top...send pic...send all pics get my memory going

you still see eric the black dagger (say that to him), gaz say hi to them

yeah i know about tommo, oz and terry...went to terry's furneal

me and jo are doing good getting married in july

all the best

yes 100 club we should all go and i will drag lizzie down as well

Daz

ATB

Steve

Social source share

Guest lemonde

andy

how you doing nice to see you alive and kicking

still in lecicester?? do you still go

is that really bunny ftom eyres monsell in back... is not is it

and yes we lookyoung..that if you could see my face

lol

daz

From the left. Weird Wayne, Poo (Paul Clay) Bunny (at the back) Daz in the middle. Dennis Cains and Me on the far right. (ooh dont we all look young!!)
Social source share

ha ha is that Daz in the blue. god this must have been when he was a whipper snapper. remember the parka and a vespa 50 way back when.....

well this was me dancing at the oddfellows and then leicester line up...

O.M.G. That is Chad (not seen him for years), Dave Wheeler ( last time I saw him has Bretby in about 98 and at that time he was living in the very top part of Scotland in a croft), Sarah Ward, Sharron Harris aka "panda"( she ended up marrying Briam Mickelwright aka "pickle", "spin", they had a house together in Barwell, but it all ended with Pickle selling everything in the house to get his next fix. The last I saw of her she was very happily settled with her new Guy, Me, and Gaz Keen in front.

Great pic, will have to have a rummage and see what I can find

Andy Newman

Social source share

I recon that it is actually a very young Colin Bonham,who went out with Jane right at the back.

It certainly was. I bought his Lambretta off him, really bad silver overblack metal flake side panels and I think it had a rat on it somewhere! I forgot about Jane!

Hi Andy, last time I saw you was in Enderby - Vintage scooter do on Enderby Road.

Social source share

Guest lemonde

colin yes i remember him

I recon that it is actually a very young Colin Bonham,who went out with Jane right at the back.
Social source share

It certainly was. I bought his Lambretta off him, really bad silver overblack metal flake side panels and I think it had a rat on it somewhere! I forgot about Jane!

Hi Andy, last time I saw you was in Enderby - Vintage scooter do on Enderby Road.

Yeah, I remember that scoot, and it did have a rat on it. Last time I saw Colin, he had just bought a new vespa, had it for about a week and thought what the f**k and choped it in for a big bike. He was living in Derby at the time, this must have been round about 1995.

The Durkopp scoot that I had is now in Beaulie motor museum and I've still got my LI 2 that I use most days for getting around the Island.

post-7619-1213183182_thumb.jpg

Social source share

:P MARK, thanks for that, not seen andy in years..? Cant remember the last time.. getting old, ha.. unsure.gif .. Wonder how many of the , ODDFELLOWS crowd are still out there today ?? bearing in mind its been, over 20 YEARS.... for me i enjoyed it, Better than, Wigan.. :rolleyes:

Hope to cu soon mate.. have a good Cleethorpes if you go.. AND THE SOUL BOAT TRIP.. HA. :D .. MART. (LEIC BEST MOVER )..

You nearly got it right, I ran a guest house at Mallory Park untill upping roots and moving to Alderney in the Channel Islands (no we dont speek French at we arn't near Jersey, but we the closest Island to France) Great fun living here, but a logistical nightmare to get to nighters, so only tend to do the weekenders nowerdays.

Social source share

You nearly got it right, I ran a guest house at Mallory Park untill upping roots and moving to Alderney in the Channel Islands (no we dont speek French at we arn't near Jersey, but we the closest Island to France) Great fun living here, but a logistical nightmare to get to nighters, so only tend to do the weekenders nowerdays.

Hi Andy :lol:

Social source share

Hi Andy :unsure:

Hi Joan,

Wasn't the same this year at Cleethorpes without you, was good to chat with you and your man at the bar last year.

Hope you are both keeping well, can't believe how many old names are on this forum.

Has everyone forgoten about baggy Dave and Alison? Not to mention Ian Stacy.

Social source share

Hi Joan,

Wasn't the same this year at Cleethorpes without you, was good to chat with you and your man at the bar last year.

Hope you are both keeping well, can't believe how many old names are on this forum.

Has everyone forgoten about baggy Dave and Alison? Not to mention Ian Stacy.

What about Jimmy Elder!

Would love to know what he's up to.

Yes - was great to see you at the bar, but jeez wasn't it hot! :unsure:

Social source share

Hi Mart...........see Andy once a year, every year at Prestatyn in March..........never forget the first time about 5/6 years ago?........I was DJ'ing in the Vic on the Friday and in he walked......hadn't seen him for nearly 20 years and we instantly recognised each other. It was great to get to meet him again.........had some great trips up to Parr Hall in his old Austin A60 van,either from his then home, in Oadby, or picking us up along the way. He was married to Tracy at that time. Still got one of his tapes "All Night Floorshakers Vol #?"......Vince Apollo, Scotty Willimas......loads of goodies!

Cheers,

Mark R

Hi Mark,

As promised a pic of the old A60 van we used to go up and down the country in, long before the seat belt law, and health and safety n all that.

It might have been grey primer when you knew it, If you look on the Blackburn t.v. documentary you can see it at the end parked outside.

Happy days

post-7619-1213204636_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Hi Mark,

As promised a pic of the old A60 van we used to go up and down the country in, long before the seat belt law, and health and safety n all that.

It might have been grey primer when you knew it, If you look on the Blackburn t.v. documentary you can see it at the end parked outside.

Happy days

D'ya know mate........I saw the pic before I read the post, and thought "it wasn't red......it was a grey colour" :unsure::ohmy:

Here's a blast from the past, from one of the Warrington Parr Hall nights......5 July 1986 in fact!!

post-4568-1213211201_thumb.jpg

Think that's Walsall Rod in the foreground.

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Hi Mark,

Happy days

Ahh Memories mr Newman..remember trowing something out the window on the M6 coming back from blackburn?? :Drolleyes.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!