Most Widely Loved Sound

Dayo

Now the dust has settled, I just wanted to say hi and thanks to everyone who took part and tried to police the "most widely loved sound" thread. I had no idea it would turn into such a monster.

I hope you found it as interesting and stimulating as I did. I think that most people followed the spirit of it very well. I think we'd agree that here and there the odd ego got in the way, but it's understandable and forgiveable.

With hindsight, I suspect we may never find a single sound that unites us - although I think that both Spyder Turner and Jerry Williams came mighty close! On a personal note, I was betting on the Salvadors winning through. I've never met a single soul who didn't love that powerhouse.

Suspect it may have run it's course now. Be interested to hear any other considered reflections. Anyway thanks again for "getting it"!

Best wishes

Colin

Edited by Dayo
Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I was hoping for the Salvadors, too-as it's my personal all time favorite song and to me a "perfect" specimen of northern soul.

KTF

Jas

link

I though this had finished! Squash Salvadors and nominate Willie Hutch ' Love Runs Out' rolleyes.gif

Social source share

Now the dust has settled, I just wanted to say hi and thanks to everyone who took part and tried to police the "most widely loved sound" thread.  I had no idea it would turn into such a monster.

I hope you found it as interesting and stimulating as I did.  I think that most people followed the spirit of it very well.  I think we'd agree that here and there the odd ego got in the way, but it's understandable and forgiveable.

With hindsight,  I suspect we may never find a single sound that unites us - although I think that both Spyder Turner and Jerry Williams came mighty close!  On a personal note, I was betting on the Salvadors winning through.  I've never met a single soul who didn't love that powerhouse.

Suspect it may have run it's course now. Be interested to hear any other considered reflections.  Anyway thanks again for "getting it"!

Best wishes

Colin

link

==========

Really enjoyed the thread, even though taking part in it jeapordised my bollox rating on SSCDT rolleyes.gif Amazed that Toby Legend didn't win it myself, but would happily go along with Jerry Williams ;-)

Winnie:-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!