Creations/lovations/oliver Norman

Guest Ferrett

Guest Ferrett

Can anyone help with a spare copy of these 3 beauties?

Oliver Norman - Drowning in my own despair

Creations - Oh Baby

Lovations - Later Baby

Cheers

Ferrett

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can anyone help with a spare copy of these 3 beauties?

Oliver Norman - Drowning in my own despair

Creations - Oh Baby

Lovations - Later Baby

Cheers

Ferrett

Hi Ferrett, I think my good friend 'Rod Shard' has a Creations for sale, he's on here as 'Modernsoulsucks', hope this helps and i think he still has it??? he had a few records on here for sale a few days ago and i think it's listed there.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Hi Ferrett, I think my good friend 'Rod Shard' has a Creations for sale, he's on here as 'Modernsoulsucks', hope this helps and i think he still has it??? he had a few records on here for sale a few days ago and i think it's listed there.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Creations here.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=47006

Social source share

Guest Ferrett

Cheers chaps, I've PM'd him :thumbsup:

Have you noticed the similarity between 'Oh Baby' and 'One Dance' by the Classics on YAN G (B'side to So glad that I found you). Is there any connection between the two groups or just a case of two groups from the same city sharing a good idea for a backing track?

Anyway, I'm straying off my own thread here :(

Can anyone help with the Oliver Norman and Lovations tracks please?

Ferrett

Social source share

Cheers chaps, I've PM'd him :thumbsup:

Have you noticed the similarity between 'Oh Baby' and 'One Dance' by the Classics on YAN G (B'side to So glad that I found you). Is there any connection between the two groups or just a case of two groups from the same city sharing a good idea for a backing track?

Anyway, I'm straying off my own thread here :(

Can anyone help with the Oliver Norman and Lovations tracks please?

Ferrett

"one dance" and "oh baby" are exactly the same song but there's no connection between the two groups (except that they are both southside of Chicago). Billy McGregor wrote it, and Gerald Dickerson of the creations confirmed that Billy should have had writing credit on the creations 45 even though he doesn't.

Social source share

Guest wrighty

yes.gif

LOVATIONS is hard to find now. Can go for 100 to 150 I think. Got a good flip aswell (very uptempo) 'Drifting Offshore'. Good luck paul-s

have seen it go for a bit more recently paul, last ebay copy about £200 :ohmy:

Social source share

Boba, Do you know if McGregor was in the Yan-G Classics outfit?

McGregor was definitely NOT in the classics on yan-g and he remembers little about them. The classics were a high school group, went to englewood high school. McGregor is much older, he was in a group in the 50s and early 60s. His group was the Antennas on Clay, who are also exactly the same group as Shirley and the Squires on Constellation and who are the backing group of Perk Lee on Boss, but somehow are NOT the Squires on Boss (I think the label did something funny...). The Squires also included George McGregor, not the detroit George (who was Billy's cousin), but Billy's brother George (who had a record on Twinight backed by the Bronzettes). Billy went solo after writing "mr. shy", which was originally supposed to be a ruby andrews song, but Don Clay asked him to sing it himself.

I'm still badly looking for a copy of shirley and the squires on constellation, or even a recording, to give to the group members. Thanks.

Social source share

Guest Michael Higgins

Never mind, "once heard" -- he appears as "Norman Oliver" in the writing credits. :ohmy: Wonder what he's doing now. Probably a chartered surveyor living in Surrey.

Here's an Oliver Norman (real name "Norman Oliver" I once heard!) on Brady's list:

https://www..co.uk/product_detail.asp?id=6083

It's got a good flipside as well, by the by.

Social source share

Guest Ferrett

Never mind, "once heard" -- he appears as "Norman Oliver" in the writing credits. :shades: Wonder what he's doing now. Probably a chartered surveyor living in Surrey.

Cheers Michael :wicked: Just placed the order with the good Mr Brady.

You're all stars - THANKS !!

Just a cheap Lovations to find now!!!! shades.gif

Social source share

Guest Ferrett

Oliver Norman and Creations safely received now. Thanks Rod and Pat.

Was surprised to see Oliver Norman was recorded in England. How did that happen then? Is he english?

The missus says it sounds like 'Bernadette' by the Four Tops. I reckon she's right too :thumbsup:

Anyone got a Lovations out there?????

Ferrett

Social source share