Looking For Northern Soul Dancers

By the way I am Janine, Bretts older sister, and I was 22 last week.  And I generally pull a crowd of 30+ when I dance,  :D

link

===========

Does cause a bit of a problem space wise when you plonk that pole in the floor though. You're much better when using your spacial awareness technique of one on one lap dancing :):lol::)

Social source share

• Replies 66
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

At every venue, every weekend up and down the country you will be able to see some fantastic dancers. If your looking for people who can really cut the mustard then you need to be prepared to go to the venues and watch these people in action, research is surely the most important issue when trying to re-create an atmosphere of any era? 

The people most likely to fit your ability requirements are not going fit the age group your after.

link

I agree with Janine, I love watching others dancing, of course when Im not dancing myself, I think its great that everyone has there own 'style' and its good to see other woman dancing as well as men!

By the way I always wanted to do 'pole' dancing but of course with some clothes on!

Social source share

gasp! how can you be so mean about little richard. i suggest a battle royale between me n you instead. i'd cry if his arm got hurt. we can concentrate on kicks & punches instead of sissy arm wrestling, that's for girls :lol:

yours sincerely

president of the little richard fanclub

(membership card no. 0001)

link

I wouldn't be fooled by him Wendy...he's a chancer and a pool hustler to boot..and he's not half as weedy as he looks-the NCH fight is a rematch, he's already beat me once!!

Social source share

Many thanks Janine ... yep ... the 'look' of the dancers being 18 - late 20's is more appropriate ...

Thanks again!!

At every venue, every weekend up and down the country you will be able to see some fantastic dancers. If your looking for people who can really cut the mustard then you need to be prepared to go to the venues and watch these people in action, research is surely the most important issue when trying to re-create an atmosphere of any era? 

The people most likely to fit your ability requirements are not going fit the age group your after.  I can only think of maybe Heikki who isn't over here right now and Ray's son who can normally be found at Prestwich (and I just forgot his name LOL) that will fit both.  Asking on a forum like this is obviously an excellent way to reference this sort of information, and recommendations are great, but if your dancers must be of that age group your really going to struggle.  Now if your asking for dancers who 'look' 18 - late 20's then there are quite a few more candidates.   

We have a SSCDT section on here and I think that with a little tweak or two the 'average' age of dancers could be put around the 20 something mark, but with the large increase of taxation on leg braces and ralgex over the past few months, their fee's have hiked considerably, so ultimately it will depend on the size of your budget.

By the way I am Janine, Bretts older sister, and I was 22 last week.  And I generally pull a crowd of 30+ when I dance, Bretts only allowed out late on a Friday night, and school nights he is free till 8pm  :)

link

Social source share

Chalky, I'll go along them lines, little Sammy comes out on top, they both drop nicely, Sammy is a much stronger spinner.

Cheers Billy

link

no disrespect but i wouldnt ever consider the 'acrobatic' dancers as being the best. i hate all that throwing yourself about on the floor. i find it embarrasing especially fat bald guys in their 40's. i respect that the backdropping etc was an integral part of the scene but its something best forgotten in my opinion. the best dancers stay on their feet!

my fave dancer is my mate Paul from Sheffield. he is by far the best I have seen. he moves perfectly and in time with every little change in the song. I also love to watch Carol from Manchester (dont tell her fella! :D )

maybe this will start another thread and I will have my critics no doubt! :)

Shane

Social source share

no disrespect but i wouldnt ever consider the 'acrobatic' dancers as being the best. i hate all that throwing yourself about on the floor. i find it embarrasing especially fat bald guys in their 40's. i respect that the backdropping etc was an integral part of the scene but its something best forgotten in my opinion. the best dancers stay on their feet!

my fave dancer is my mate Paul from Sheffield. he is by far the best I have seen. he moves perfectly and in time with every little change in the song. I also love to watch Carol from Manchester (dont tell her fella!  :D )

maybe this will start another thread and I will have my critics no doubt!  :D

Shane

link

===========

Caz's fella is 'tall Paul', and he won't mind that you think she's a good dancer and neither will Caz ::--))

Have you ever seen her go into a drop sequence? Splits and everything. Personally if I could still drop, I would, but father time has decreed it's not to be, and if I were a member I'm sure BUPA would agree with him :)

Social source share

===========

Does cause a bit of a problem space wise when you plonk that pole in the floor though. You're much better when using your spacial awareness technique of one on one lap dancing :shades:   :shhh:   :wicked:

link

YOU TALKING ABOUT ME AGAIN WINSTON blush.gif

Social source share

maybe this will start another thread and I will have my critics no doubt!  :wicked:

Shane

link

i'm with you on that shane ...i like watching footwork meself

Davie

Social source share

Totally agree with all the comments on 'Acrobatics', every now & then I don't mind watching someone who can really pull it off.

The best dancer I've seen, and I ain't seen anyone to touch him yet for quick feet, is my Dad's mate, Mally Meah from Leeds.

I don't know if anyone on this list knows him, but when he goes, no-one can touch him. He's the only person I've seen who can do justice to Seventh Wonder 'Captain Of My Ship'.

I've only really been attending venues across the country for about the last 5 years and have seen some really neat, smooth dancers. But not anyone who has taken my breath away with the speed of their footwork.

I know Lagerlout (Pete Smith) and maybe Rich Buckley (not sure if he's seen him?) will back me up on this.

Jamie :wicked:

Social source share

• 3 months later...
Guest woolie mark

i don't mind doing a bit of fancy dancing for ya

thats as long as it's not within 200metres of a convent as that would put me in breach of the terms of my ASBO

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert