Pete S

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The Masqueraders - "How - La Beat

My God what a sound...if I ever get this again I'll never sell it this time  :lol:

link

100% top notch sound.

Perfect dancer, not too fast , not too slow-

Social source share

The Masqueraders - "How - La Beat

My God what a sound...if I ever get this again I'll never sell it this time  :lol:

link

Yep great sound, had the pleasure of dancing to it sat during Mark Bicknells spot at Soulgirls birthday bash in Bournemouth.

Funny thing is Pete last time I was at this venue ( Jo Wallace birthday) you were Djing and I think you played it then, certainly you played Monique, Nat 4, Majestics, didn't you have yours around this time?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Yep great sound, had the pleasure of dancing to it sat during Mark Bicknells spot at Soulgirls birthday bash in Bournemouth.

Funny thing is Pete last time I was at this venue ( Jo Wallace birthday) you were Djing and I think you played it then, certainly you played Monique, Nat 4, Majestics, didn't you have yours around this time?

Cheers

Steve

link

You've got a good memory mate, though I actually did two hours cos someone didn't turn up, yes I had a stack of originals back then but obviously I sold them all - Stuart T had Monique, no idea who had Masqueraders...was about 4 years back that wasn't it?

Social source share

You've got a good memory mate, though I actually did two hours cos someone didn't turn up, yes I had a stack of originals back then but obviously I sold them all - Stuart T had Monique, no idea who had Masqueraders...was about 4 years back that wasn't it?

link

==========

have to be the different one but i cant stand 'how'

does nowt for me whatsoever

Social source share

Beautiful sound, very chilled - as Billy said; spacey. Lovely harmonies. Satisifyingly long instrumental break. Gorgeous from the the first note till the last.

When I hear records like this I often wonder if anyone in Detroit actually went to the record store and bought it? Did it get played at any local "record hops"? Did any DJ's plug it on the radio? Did any teens in the projects spin it endlessly on a bedroom Dansette (or the US equivilant)?

I guess we'll never know. Yet another piece of sublime soul artistry that probably sank without a ripple...

Social source share

link

Yeah sounds about right, simple reason I remember your spot was simply coz it was so bloody good that in the last 6/7 years the only 60s spot I've heard better than that was Shiftys

BTW I had your Majestics Demo and Nat 4 WD off you :lol:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Yeah sounds about right, simple reason I remember your spot was simply coz it was so bloody good that in the last 6/7 years the only 60s spot I've heard better than that was Shiftys

BTW I had your Majestics Demo and Nat 4 WD off you :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

link

I'm going to print this out and frame it :lol:

Social source share

I just played 'Johnny Howard' - The chase is on. How good is that one!?

Fantastic sound which I think Dave Welding played at the wilton the other night.

Shane

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!