Soulsmith

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Worst 3 records to end a niter

Joey Delerenzo, Ace Spectrum & any instrumental.

Surely no argument here.

I'll get me coat.

link

Don't get your coat just yet. I'm trying to think of an instrumental good enough to end on, but then again, I think you're right an ender should have words - meaning etc :lol:

Social source share

Don't get your coat just yet.  I'm trying to think of an instrumental good enough to end on, but then again, I think you're right an ender should have words - meaning etc :lol:

link

Wade in the water Ramsey Lewis :lol:

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

"Wade in the water Ramsey Lewis"......enjoyable record

but why would you play that when you should be playing Marlena Shaw?

link

didn't you mean big mama thornton ?

Davie :lol:

Social source share

The only instrumental that I'll accept as an ender would be California Montage, but I must admit that a song with good lyrics is the way to go.

My enders of choice (today, that is)

1. You're Gonna Wreck My Life-Guitar Ray

2. I'd Like to Get Near You-Richard Caiton

3. Lightin' Up-Ty Karim

In a crossover mood today.

KTF

Jas

Social source share

The only instrumental that I'll accept as an ender would be California Montage, but I must admit that a song with good lyrics is the way to go.

My enders of choice (today, that is)

1. You're Gonna Wreck My Life-Guitar Ray

2. I'd Like to Get Near You-Richard Caiton

3. Lightin' Up-Ty Karim

In a crossover mood today.

KTF

Jas

link

===========

Used to like hearing Jimmy Cobb at the Ritz

Social source share

didn't you mean big mama thornton ?

Davie  :lol:

link

Brill version Davie! "Big Mama and her Hound Dogs wading in the water" This vers. includes some brilliant Blues guitar work by Bee Houston IMO. As indeed does the flip side "Ball and Chain"

Big Mama recorded the orig. version of "Hound Dog" and took it to No. 1 R&B, she made 500 bucks, Elvis made a little more methinx!

Talkin bout "Wade In The Water", does anyone know who originally composed it? Ramsey's vers. credits him as writer, Marlena Shaw's credits Shaw & Magid, and Big Mama's credits only herself as arranger!

Steve

Social source share

Talkin bout "Wade In The Water", does anyone know who originally composed it? Ramsey's vers. credits him as writer, Marlena Shaw's credits Shaw & Magid, and Big Mama's credits only herself as arranger!

Steve

link

It's thought to be a traditional American African Slave song.

It tells slaves how to escape, by running through rivers (the hounds can't track them as they lose the scent).

Sung disguised as a spiritual, as the white slave masters wouldn't let them sing in their various native African tongues.

WOOF!

Social source share

It's thought to be a traditional American African Slave song.

It tells slaves how to escape, by running through rivers (the hounds can't track them as they lose the scent).

Sung disguised as a spiritual, as the white slave masters wouldn't let them sing in their various native African tongues.

WOOF!

link

Thanx for info PD :lol:

Steve

Social source share

Don't get your coat just yet.  I'm trying to think of an instrumental good enough to end on, but then again, I think you're right an ender should have words - meaning etc :thumbsup:

link

NINO RIENZI-THE PERSIAN KING-TRANS ATLAS

THE MOST AWESOME INSTRUMENTAL EVER

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Don't get your coat just yet.  I'm trying to think of an instrumental good enough to end on, but then again, I think you're right an ender should have words - meaning etc :thumbsup:

link

California Montage

Touch of Velvet - A bit cheesy but was often used :lol:

Social source share

Touch of Velvet - A bit cheesy but was often used :lol:

link

I often used to stagger out of a nightclub in Bridlington called "Fingers" on a Sat night in the late 70's to the strains of Mood Mosaic. It's always had connotations of skidding on vomit and chips for me, but I used to love it. Weren't the 'vocalists' the Ladybirds, the same women that used to do the Benny Hill music and other Sat night trash TV themes.

Jordi

link

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!