i once played it out at gary todds event

it was my last record of my set

the floor had been full for the whole hour

to my horror it cleared the floor

personally i love it

moldie

Social source share

Why how many versions is there?----sorry edited below

sorry that sounded rude ... Kim Western is the only version I know, is there more.. (thats better shouldn't rush things)

https://www.soulclub.org/stream/Kim_Weston_...ll_A_Moment.ram

sorry but i was scratching my head about,"thrill a moment" and who sung it you missed out the "A" in a thrill a moment in that case its an absolutely brill tune kim weston hitting the high notes is just awesome will never part with my gordy white promo of this baby!!!!,in my top ten tunes... :thumbsup::lol:thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Why how many versions is there?----sorry edited below

sorry that sounded rude ... Kim Western is the only version I know, is there more.. (thats better shouldn't rush things)

https://www.soulclub.org/stream/Kim_Weston_...ll_A_Moment.ram

I don't know of any other versions, but there is an unissed band track of it out there. One of my favourites, put on to many years ago by Ady Pountain. The bit I like most is that she comparing being with him to dreaming of holidays - makes me wonder how many in Detroit could afford a holiday fromthe  Ford or GM production lines which Berry Gordy based his hitsville set up on?

Social source share

Feel bad about hijacking anther thread but if you don't know this classy piece of vinyl you'll be pleasantly surprised to know that this will be one of the tunes we will be featuring at Boogaloosoul's Motown extravaganza this Sat night 12th may in London.

Enjoy

Warren Boogaloo

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Love it.

Took years to catch on, in comparison to other Motown classics.

I played it at the last Prestatyn and was amazed that some of my colleagues had never heard (of) it.

Great tune IMO

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Don't know about years to catch on I used to play it as my ender in my spots during the 70's and 80's and it always kept the floor. :huh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!