Tony Galla One Sided J-boy Copy Question

Guest Matt Male

Guest mattmale

The Tony Galla - In love, the one sided Joe Boy promotion copy 4275 just went for about £60 on ebay

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

What's the story behind this? Why is it on a replica swan label, but says Joe Boy promotion copy on the label, and only has one side with the other blank? Is it a boot or is it actually a demo? I picked it the same version a few years ago, but now i'm wondering was this ever booted? Is is possible to have a boot of a boot?

:lol:

Matt

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:lol::lol::lol: Bought one of these off Manship for a tenner when I was still buying reissues, sold it for just over £20 (stating it was a reissue) which I thought was lucky! It's just a reissue with a replica label - a few of the Joe Boy releases were one-sided.
Social source share

The Tony Galla - In love, the one sided Joe Boy promotion copy 4275 just went for about £60 on ebay

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

What's the story behind this? Why is it on a replica swan label, but says Joe Boy promotion copy on the label, and only has one side with the other blank? Is it a boot or is it actually a demo? I picked it the same version a few years ago, but now i'm wondering was this ever booted? Is is possible to have a boot of a boot?

:lol:

Matt

link

It was booted with the yellow label and black lettering.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

A few years back i got in touch with Tony Galla and asked the usual question........only to hear that a company from my own country was re-issuing the "In Love " track (Joe Boy). Also available as Southbound Freeway on Swan just a mispressing, same version.

Social source share

Guest lagerlout

A few years back i got in touch with Tony Galla and asked the usual question........only to hear that a company from my own country was re-issuing the "In Love " track (Joe Boy). Also available as Southbound Freeway on Swan just a mispressing, same version.

link

hi brett

i know and you know a certain leeds d.j.

who,s got red red wine...on the ( wilton shagpile) label

very rare and not many seen it..

Social source share

hi brett

i know and you know a certain leeds d.j.

who,s got red red wine...on the ( wilton shagpile) label

very rare and not many seen it..

link

Hi Pete yeah dead right mate, believe a Welsh fellow though has got it in it's original form :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Looks like someone has just dropped a very expensive bollok.

Naughty seller fails to state its a re-issue, and his picture doesnt help really.

WOOF!

link

I mailed him about this and he said it was a reissue as stated in the description.

By this he meant when he said "one sided copy" he meant it was a COPY of a real one! Misleading yes, but he covered his tracks with that answer, so anyone who bought it would have no comeback! Devious :thumbsup:

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

I mailed him about this and he said it was a reissue as stated in the description.

By this he meant when he said "one sides copy" he meant it was a COPY of a real one! Misleading yes, but he covered his tracks with that answer, so anyone who bought it would have no comeback! Devious :thumbsup:

link

Did Pete Smith make these?

heh heh heh...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!