45's For Sale

jocko

Selling these for a mate, he is not member on here or easily contactable during day so if you PM me with questions I can contact him and get back to you as soon as feasible, or I can give you a direct email to ask yourself. A direct email wouldnt be picked up till the evening though.

Its payment by cheque only so if you want something reserved PM me and I will give you an address to send cheque to.

Cheers

1, Bobby Sansom & The Light Years, The Happiest Day of My Life, Acta, 60,

2, Brown Sugar, The Game Is Over, Capital, 50,

3, Carl Carlton, I Can Feel It, Back Beat, 50,

4, Dean Parrish, Bricks, Broken Bottles & Sticks, Musicor Records - issue, 150,

5, Dee Clark, That's My Girl, Constellation - yellow issue, 35,

6, Denise Chandler, I'd Believe Him, Lock - Promo, 50,

7, Ed Cooper, Just Like A Hero, Nimrod Records, 160,

8, Garland Green, Ain't That Good Enough, Revue, 100,

9, Garland Green, Girl I Love You, Revue, 140,

10, George Carrow, Angel Baby (You Don't Even Love Me), Columbia - Demo, 120,

11, Isley Brothers, Take Some Time Out, Tamla, 15,

12, Jackie Wilson, The Who Who Song, Brunswick (2 copies), 15,

13, Jackie Wilson, I've Lost You, Brunswick, 15,

14, Jackie Wilson, Because Of You, Brunswick - issue, 100,

15, Jackie Wilson, Higher and Higher, Brunswick, 15,

17, James Conwell, The Trouble With Girls, J 4 Records, 40,

18, Johnny Bristol, Hang On In There Baby, MGM, 15,

19, Johnny Dixon, Where Are You, Boss Records, 40,

20, Johnny Watson, It's Better to Cry, Valise Records, 20,

21, Lamont Dozier, Why Can't We Be Lovers, Invictus, 10,

22, Linda Perry, It's All In The Back Of Me Know, Mainstream, 60,

23, Robert Tenard , Gotta Get Goin, Fabolus Records, 80,

24, Roosevelt Grier, Pizza Pie Man, D-Town, 40,

25, Roy Hamilton, The Panic Is On, MGM - Demo, 100,

26, Silky Hargraves, Hurt By Love, D-Town, 35,

27, Singing Sam, Move It Baby, DAN-DY Records, 40,

28, Terrible Tom, We were made for each other, Maverick, 125,

29, The Banks of Gold, You Won't Change Me, Smash, 30,

30, The Commands, Don't Be Afraid To Love, Dynamic, 50,

31, The Drapers, Your Love Has Gone Away, GEE - Promo, 50,

32, The Fuller Brothers, Time's A Wasting, Soul Clock - rare red writing, 60,

33, The Impressions, You've Been Cheatin, ABC - issue, 35,

34, The Luvs, You Used To Be, Stallion, 60,

35, Tutti Hill, He's A Lover, AROCK,

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 14
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Selling these for a mate, he is not member on here or easily contactable during day so if you PM me with questions I can contact him and get back to you as soon as feasible, or I can give you a direct email to ask yourself. A direct email wouldnt be picked up till the evening though.

Its payment by cheque only so if you want something reserved PM me and I will give you an address to send cheque to.

Cheers

1, Bobby Sansom & The Light Years, The Happiest Day of My Life, Acta, 60,

2, Brown Sugar, The Game Is Over, Capital, 50,

3, Carl Carlton, I Can Feel It, Back Beat, 50,

4, Dean Parrish, Bricks, Broken Bottles & Sticks, Musicor Records - issue, 150,

5, Dee Clark, That's My Girl, Constellation - yellow issue, 35,

6, Denise Chandler, I'd Believe Him, Lock - Promo, 50,

7, Ed Cooper, Just Like A Hero, Nimrod Records, 160,

8, Garland Green, Ain't That Good Enough, Revue, 100,

9, Garland Green, Girl I Love You, Revue, 140,

10, George Carrow, Angel Baby (You Don't Even Love Me), Columbia - Demo, 120,

11, Isley Brothers, Take Some Time Out, Tamla, 15,

12, Jackie Wilson, The Who Who Song, Brunswick (2 copies), 15,

13, Jackie Wilson, I've Lost You, Brunswick, 15,

14, Jackie Wilson, Because Of You, Brunswick - issue, 100,

15, Jackie Wilson, Higher and Higher, Brunswick, 15,

17, James Conwell, The Trouble With Girls, J 4 Records, 40,

18, Johnny Bristol, Hang On In There Baby, MGM, 15,

19, Johnny Dixon, Where Are You, Boss Records, 40,

20, Johnny Watson, It's Better to Cry, Valise Records, 20,

21, Lamont Dozier, Why Can't We Be Lovers, Invictus, 10,

22, Linda Perry, It's All In The Back Of Me Know, Mainstream, 60,

23, Robert Tenard , Gotta Get Goin, Fabolus Records, 80,

24, Roosevelt Grier, Pizza Pie Man, D-Town, 40,

25, Roy Hamilton, The Panic Is On, MGM - Demo, 100,

26, Silky Hargraves, Hurt By Love, D-Town, 35,

27, Singing Sam, Move It Baby, DAN-DY Records, 40,

28, Terrible Tom, We were made for each other, Maverick, 125,

29, The Banks of Gold, You Won't Change Me, Smash, 30,

30, The Commands, Don't Be Afraid To Love, Dynamic, 50,

31, The Drapers, Your Love Has Gone Away, GEE - Promo, 50,

32, The Fuller Brothers, Time's A Wasting, Soul Clock - rare red writing, 60,

33, The Impressions, You've Been Cheatin, ABC - issue, 35,

34, The Luvs, You Used To Be, Stallion, 60,

35, Tutti Hill, He's A Lover, AROCK,

How can you ask £120 for george carrow - I sold one here 2 weeks ago for £25.00 in mint minus cond - Its no where near worth what you are asking

Surely a reality check is required here. and it wasnt the 2nd press rush service it was the first press demo

Social source share

How can you ask £120 for george carrow - I sold one here 2 weeks ago for £25.00 in mint minus cond - Its no where near worth what you are asking

Surely a reality check is required here. and it wasnt the 2nd press rush service it was the first press demo

Look mate, first I am not asking anything its a mates list as I have made clear, I can supply you email direct if you want to ask.

Second its been made clear that you shouldn't comment on peoples sales prices in previous threads, its just sheer bad manners unless in constructive manner.

Third I will supply your details direct to seller so he can discuss direct next time your are in same room.

4th there has been 2 for sale in excess of this I believe, but as I say I had nothing to do with prices I only asked some advice for him on here.

Edited by jocko
Social source share

Look mate, first I am not asking anything its a mates list as I have made clear, I can supply you email direct if you want to ask.

Second its been made clear that you shouldn't comment on peoples sales prices in previous threads, so stop living up to your reputation of being a prick.

Third I will supply your details direct to seller so he can discuss direct next time your are in same room.

4th there has been 2 for sale in excess of this I believe, but as I say I had nothing to do with prices I only asked some advice for him on here.

Now run along and stop winding me up, I believe you have a history of this, not always good for this wonderful together Scottish scene of yours is it. As I said if you have anything to say say it direct, I will give you a phone no. to do it with

Pmd you for your phone number

Not happy with your personal attack mate!

Social source share

prices look allright to me jock, nice prices on some of them...carl carlton great record...pizza pie man cheap...

cant understand if your not gonnae buy anything...why you would moan about the prices.

Social source share

prices look allright to me jock, nice prices on some of them...carl carlton great record...pizza pie man cheap...

cant understand if your not gonnae buy anything...why you would moan about the prices.

This is the problem with the sales section - it's very hard not to bite your tongue, I see someone selling here regularly with the most ridiculous prices and often want to comment but don't. It is supposed to be a forum...but the only way of doing it would be to open a thread in Look At Your Box and say "George carrow - whats all that about"! In the case of this list, some are expensive, some are cheap, cancel themselves out.

Social source share

Guest Soul Sid

Allright Jocko,

The way I see it is quite simple,if you think a record is too expensive

then you dont buy it!but Brown Sugar @ £50.00 & drapers @ 60.00 bargains!!!

Cheers.Sid :thumbsup:

Social source share

I've had a copy of this since about '71, you can offer me £120 but you won't get it. :thumbsup:

Bumped into Dave Godin in London's Berwick St and he pulled 3 out of the box suggesting I buy them.

The other two ? - BOK TO BACH.. Fathers Angels, and THE CAT WALK...Gerry & Paul.

Like so many of my early collection, I disregard the label or issue. The value is in memories.

You're mate can place whatever value he chooses on his records - they will either sell or he gets to keep them.

-Kevin. wink.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

This is the problem with the sales section - it's very hard not to bite your tongue, I see someone selling here regularly with the most ridiculous prices and often want to comment but don't. It is supposed to be a forum...but the only way of doing it would be to open a thread in Look At Your Box and say "George carrow - whats all that about"! In the case of this list, some are expensive, some are cheap, cancel themselves out.

Just seen this, wasnt ignoring it,

Agree with what you are saying to a certain extent, and people would be foolish to ignore what people like yourself say re prices, however there is ways to go about it, certainly not like above, and more importantly I am sure people like yourself would make sure of your facts before you go shouting like above wouldnt you!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Okay, update is only James Conwell, Roosevelt Grier and Drapers gone, rest are going up in ebay in next few days so if you fancy any get back to me asap.

Cheers

Jock

----

thats the trouble on here jock

you put on a sales list and you get a debate on the price

like that christine quaite i put on here a while and some f¨¨king smartarse said the demo was only worth 25 quid...

i hope you get what you want for your records mate

regards

mark

Social source share

Just seen this, wasnt ignoring it,

Agree with what you are saying to a certain extent, and people would be foolish to ignore what people like yourself say re prices, however there is ways to go about it, certainly not like above, and more importantly I am sure people like yourself would make sure of your facts before you go shouting like above wouldnt you!! :thumbsup:

Hi Jock

When you start a new thread you can always close it immediately so it can be viewed but not commented on.

Trust you are well thumbsup.gif

Derek

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!