Isle Of Wight Soul Club

Guest colin

Guest colin

Well we have done all we can to sort this mess out. Colin and I have talked to the relevant parties and hit a brickwall. We did not want any of this crap. We just wanted to give everyone a good time, dont care who they are or if they are scooterists. Everyone is welcome. Yes we are back in business. The Isle of Wight Soul Club is not giving up, so to one and all everybody is welcome tomorrow night. Regards to all Sue and Col.

• Replies 8
  • Views 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest colin

Hi, just one more thing. We had to cancel the do, as one third of the club pulled out. This threw everything into tumoil and we had enough crap to sort out without other people getting on our backs and demanding answers. Hopefully now people will understand. Regards Sue and Col.

well ...... glad you're sorting it. island is looking good for events these days. sometimes too many people running things causes arguments ...... we have just the two of us. if its an intellectual debate i win .......... if we have to reduce ourselves to a bit of the old greco romano wrestling then my hairy, primeval DJ partner wins :thumbsup:

Guest colin

Hi, thanks for your words of support, much appreciated. This is an awful situation to find ourselves in, but we we do out best to put on a good do tonight. The six founder members of the club are now two!! Colin and I will do everything we can to keep the club going. Kindest regards Col and Sue.

Guest colin

Well after 48 hours of problems, despite the circumstances, last night was a great success. We had fantastic support from family and friends, and we would have been hard pushed to have managed without you. Once again thankyou. Colin and Sue.

Guest andys165

Really pleased you got it all sorted and had a good night. I think Dave Hipshaker is right - the fewer people get involved in organising nights, the better. Walls of Heartache is also a 2 person affair and we've been ploughing on for more than 2 years.

Good luck to all on the IOW and maybe see some of you at Ryde Town Hall on the 27th.

Andy (WOH) Strickland

Guest colin

Andy, you are quite right. Different people have different ideas, it is a lot easier with two. Sue and myself will carry on with the I.O.W Soul Club in Newport, and cant say thanks enough for the support we have had. Kind regards Colin.

Edited by colin
Guest colin

Thanks Moldie, thing is we are new at this sort of thing, so just play the music we and the people who come along want to hear. Right from the start Sue and I wanted to keep things simple and provide somewhere for people to go to enjoy Motown and Northern Soul. Regards Colin.